Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Trump or his people have now cited 9/11, the Boston bombings, San Bernardino, and Orlando as justification for the EO. Not one terrorist in any of those incidents came from the 7 banned countries.
    I think excluding 9/11, they were all by US citizens. The san Bernadino and Orlando shooters were both born in the USA, and the Boston bombers were from Russia.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think protest just harden trumps supporters. The dig in further.. I think the message becomes lost with the vandalism, trash, costumes and/or vulgar signs.

Jmo.. pressure needs to come from the R's who fought Trump to begin with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Protesting is one thing, and I may or may not agree, but I'm taking the kids to Dulles today to welcome people coming off a Turkish Airlines flight at 7pm, which is something useful to do in a gathering. IMO one of the great things about immigration is that it's free advertising for the greatness of this country. Muslims who live here visit their home countries and are often the best source of real information about the US for people back there. I've seen that in action -- a person with real experience here talking to their friends and relatives at home about their experiences, open eyes and minds to information beyond what they normally get. So I'm delighted that Americans have been going to airports to welcome arrivals, and I think that's going to be a very powerful argument in those countries to see pictures of white people welcoming brown people into the country. Glad to have something to participate in that doesn't feel like a futile protest.

Comment

• Canada moving to poach tech workers caught up in this. Precisely what it should be doing. The tech industry is going to have a hiring problem and is ripe for a pitch to move to where the solution lies. Either that or all those Trump voters are going to get off their entitled asses and retrain themselves.
          Last edited by hack; January 29, 2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• LOL

[ame]https://twitter.com/vb2b/status/825732490891366404[/ame]

Comment

• LOL. I worked for Bloomberg. Never did I field more completely useless after-hours calls from people clearly just trying to assert authority. This is one of the reasons I'm still self-employed, despite how hostile this economy is to doing one's own thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                Protesting is a waste of time and energy IMO. Trump and his supporters are only encouraged by drinking the tears of the "libtards". What these people should be doing is organizing mass efforts to pressure Republican lawmakers in their states, along with those organizations and corporations who support them financially.

But we're in a protest culture...getting on CNN, sign in one hand and latte in the other, is way more cool than making phone calls day after day.
                Pretty much agree with this and the subsequent comment by entropy about how the message in such protests get's lost in the ancillary shit the press likes to bring up.

My view is that the strongest element that can be used to resist and discourage the Trumpism that is looking like it will become more and more abusive is the law.

FDR ran into all kinds of trouble trying to do things with EOs that were unconstitutional or ran afoul of the law and jurisprudence. The US may have the best combination of an enforceable Constitution, Bill of Rights and the law of any country in the world.

The silver lining in all of this is that foreigners will see how this works, how the voice of the people is important, in the face of what most consider this particular EO, and a powerful US Presidency issuing it, as an abuse of due process and human rights...... and thanks, Hack, for taking your youngsters to welcome foreigners into our country.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• DHS put out a statement that green card holders will no longer be barred entry (but could face 'advanced questioning')

Comment

• A decent report from The Atlantic on Trump's EO on immigration. Still lots of confusion. Will probably sort itself out by the end of the week.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There was no confusion. It was an incredible roll-out. The best ever. Bigly.

Comment

• It's perplexing as to why this EO is rolled out so broadly when it's obviously not an ban on muslims and the 7 countries were rationally picked. There were lots of ways to pitch it in sane terms -- and they were doing it today. I don't agree with it, but there are ways to polish it and do so effectively, IMO. It's almost as if he intentionally wants to rile people up.

If I were giving DJT lots and lots of strategic credit then I'd say he's long conning the Ds to go big-time identity/prog and ultimately hasten the loss of B10 states. But DJT doesn't do anything for the Rs. He only acts for DJT, so I'm not exactly sure what this sort of nonsense gains him. But, whatever. I'm sure it'll all turn out gold for him.
                        Last edited by iam416; January 29, 2017, 08:35 PM.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          It's perplexing as to why this EO is rolled out so broadly when it's obviously not an ban on muslims and the 7 countries were rationally picked. There were lots of ways to pitch it in sane terms -- and they were doing it today. I don't agree with it, but there are ways to polish it and do so effectively, IMO. It's almost as if he intentionally wants to rile people up.

If I were giving DJT lots and lots of strategic credit then I'd say he's long conning the Ds to go big-time identity/prog and ultimately hasten the loss of B10 states. But DJT doesn't do anything for the Rs. He only acts for DJT, so I'm not exactly sure what this sort of nonsense gains him. But, whatever. I'm sure it'll all turn out gold for him.
                          Not that I think DJT goes long term thinking here. But I was wondering with all this crap he is rolling out, is it intentional in order to tire out the opposition so what he really wants gets very little opposition?
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I think at this point he's creating a D version of the tea party that will primary the F out of anyone who works with Trump. That's sort of what I was getting at.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

It's perplexing as to why this EO is rolled out so broadly when it's obviously not an ban on muslims and the 7 countries were rationally picked. There were lots of ways to pitch it in sane terms -- and they were doing it today. I don't agree with it, but there are ways to polish it and do so effectively, IMO. It's almost as if he intentionally wants to rile people up.

If this had been limited to Refugees and it had been made very clear that's all it applied to from the beginning I think there'd be protests but nothing like we're seeing. But obviously you had different Federal agencies saying different things with regards to green card holders and people who already had visas. Hence, a clusterfuck. I guess there was another 'closed-door only' meeting today with the press at the WH where they got another lecture on unfair reporting. So obviously if people think anything bad happened this weekend, it's only cuz the lyin media tricked em. They'll run with that as many times as they can.

The shitty communication is a result of control & power being overly-centralized at the White House where Bannon & Kushner have more power and influence than nearly everyone in the Cabinet. The WH issues edicts and doesn't feel the relevant departments need to be told what it's doing.

Comment

I think at this point he's creating a D version of the tea party that will primary the F out of anyone who works with Trump. That's sort of what I was getting at.
                                Hell, Bernie has praised Trump for ending TPP. If they purge everyone who worked with him where possible, there will not be much left.

Comment

Working...
                                X