OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
    ULF - why is violence the ultimatum? Many states are simply making it illegal and fining for those who do it. For repeat offenders I can certainly see the potential of a revoked license a severe enough threat.

Driving is a privelege not a right....
    But this goes back to the point of Nannying us. Its illegal to drive poorly. Does it really matter what they are doing that makes them poor drivers?
    AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• it's your responsibility to drive safely. Yes?
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

it's your responsibility to drive safely. Yes?
        I don't question the need to drive safely. I don't see what the difference is with driving un-safe and driving unsafe because of a particular distraction.
        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• unsafe from distraction can be easily avoided. It's up to you as the driver to take the responsibility to not allow unnecessary distractions to cause you to drive unsafely. If you are not able to handle that responsibility, don't drive.

If you won't handle that responsibility and choose to drive unsafely anyway, expect to be "nanneyed" by your government...
          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• saw a garmin oregon gps system... unreal.. savin up for one late in the year
            If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

unsafe from distraction can be easily avoided. It's up to you as the driver to take the responsibility to not allow unnecessary distractions to cause you to drive unsafely. If you are not able to handle that responsibility, don't drive.

If you won't handle that responsibility and choose to drive unsafely anyway, expect to be "nanneyed" by your government...
              Your completely skipping over my question and avoiding it because you would rather have yet another reason for the police to ticket you. I ask again.

What is the difference between driving in an unsafe manner and driving in an unsafe manner due to a distraction?
              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
                saw a garmin oregon gps system... unreal.. savin up for one late in the year
                Whats so special about that one?

I bought one for our 3360 mile road trip to unknown destinations and my $250 GPS that I landed for $138 and change did everything you could ever really need (without blutooth for talking on the phone).
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                  Your completely skipping over my question and avoiding it because you would rather have yet another reason for the police to ticket you. I ask again.

What is the difference between driving in an unsafe manner and driving in an unsafe manner due to a distraction?
                  neither assuming both are under your control. So I tell you again, respect and acknowledge the privilege of driving and do so responsibly.
                  Got Kneecaps?

Comment

neither assuming both are under your control. So I tell you again, respect and acknowledge the privilege of driving and do so responsibly.
                    I still think your missing my point or you just don't want to recognize it. Careless driving is illegal. Why would you need other laws to enforce what is already a punishable offense? Then you just end up restricting the people who are able to use the tools around them without affecting traffic.
                    AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• maybe an iPhone app can be written to fix this
                      The only logical explanation is:
                      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
                        maybe an iPhone app can be written to fix this
                        Nah sorry it just bothers me that to continue to restrict our actions (even ones I don't use like text messaging while driving) because people do stupid thing even though what they did is already illegal due to laws already in the book.

But I do really like the speech to text options coming out for phones. I think its going to require a slightly more beefier phones then what we have now before its seamless, but soon.
                        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
                          maybe an iPhone app can be written to fix this

it'll only be functional on jailbroken phones

the iphone requires so much more work (and money) to do the same things my blackberry does...or even the palm pre
                          "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• But it works so much better.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• and it's shiney
                              The only logical explanation is:
                              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• and the screen shatters when you take it off your home charger and immediately out into the cold weather.
                                "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

Working...
                                X