No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else find Tom Izzo’s conduct sad and pathetic? Talk about a gutless response to a disappointing performance. For a guy that constantly professes accountability, he seems to find more scapegoats than any coach in the game right now.

I’m honestly starting to feel sorry for the guy, but it’s offset because Izzo seems to feel sorrier for himself than anyone else does...
    Last edited by Kstat; March 19, 2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Michigan is the highest seed playing on Thursday's slate of games. Kind of amazing.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I was working out today as I always do with my partner on Tuesdays. She was at the Slice for the Syracuse game with her 7 year old son. She knows nothing about sports, but her son wanted to go. She asked me to go, but I had other plans. Told me today there were so many Sparty fans who were complete drunken ass holes at the game behind her.

She and her son had racial slurs thrown at them for being Asian.

Another person heard this and asked if they were young college people? She said no they all seemed to be about in the 40s. They moved b/c of these dirtbag MSU fans, she had to explain to her son that "not all people are like" this at game ect ect... this is one of those times im lucky I wasn't there.

Also said they were cheering when a Syracuse player was injured (?)

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          We both miss our lightning picks again (collectively, 2-6), but I go 3-0 on my other picks and The Oracle goes 0-3:

The Talent: 16-6-2
          The Oracle: 6-16-2

To be fair, 16-6-2 is damn good. That said, "The" Oracle should hang his head in shame.
          Way past shame. Luckily I've been a bit better in real $$ so far, up a life changing $31 so far in the tourney. Hope you're betting with what you have going on here!

Side note, SUCK IT lady bucks as my Chips outscore OSU by 30 points over the last 3Qs. FIRE UP CHIPS!!!!

Comment

• Well, I’m 1-3 on lightning, so, heh...not up as much as I’d like. Been betting my dogs though, and been pretty dialed in taking the points.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              I was working out today as I always do with my partner on Tuesdays. She was at the Slice for the Syracuse game with her 7 year old son. She knows nothing about sports, but her son wanted to go. She asked me to go, but I had other plans. Told me today there were so many Sparty fans who were complete drunken ass holes at the game behind her.

She and her son had racial slurs thrown at them for being Asian.

Another person heard this and asked if they were young college people? She said no they all seemed to be about in the 40s. They moved b/c of these dirtbag MSU fans, she had to explain to her son that "not all people are like" this at game ect ect... this is one of those times im lucky I wasn't there.

Also said they were cheering when a Syracuse player was injured (?)
              Couple that with the spartie fans chanting "Hitler" at Wagner in NY and I couldn't be happier that their team is done.

Comment

• Were they really? That's actually true?

Comment

• I think so, (?) last I was reading nobody said it wasn't true on Brians board. They are the worst.

Comment

• Also going to ad the Hatred between this schools is at an all time high. More than ohio st, with Sparty regularly beating M football and M basketball returning the favor - getting the best of beloved Izzo.

My brother in law (and his friends) is one of these ass hole Sparty drunks. I decided not to put up with his crap last year after many years of rubbing Dantonio in my face every damn Holiday (after a few drinks) and then adding every time - and I hope ohio st kicks your ass too! He called me after the M/MSU football drunk out of his mind, I hung up on him.

I also told my sister I have enough of his drunken MSU bullshit. Well guess who did NOT call me last weekend? Or the 2 games during the season?

Comment

• The mirror-image stuff is interesting. Izzo/hoops hubris is similar to M/football hubris.

Comment

• John Beilein's rise , Tom Izzo's fall

John Beilein and Tom Izzo aren't that different. Both have been doubted and lauded. The only problem? One is in the Sweet 16. The other is at home.

Comment

• Well argued. IMO Beilein is among the most flexible of coaches I've ever seen. But I do think we'll see Izzo back with another group soon enough more like the group he had around Valentine that year. Izzo trusts upperclassmen.

Comment

• Great read, gets a little past the fluff.

Comment

• IMO Valentine was a a good example of how Izzo+seniors are a great fit. Izzo knows what he wants to do, and he's not entirely completely rigid. Then again no coach is -- anyone who has lasted as long as he has has also adjusted. But he knows what he wants to do. He may just not be very good at teaching it. But Valentine was around long enough to figure it out for himself and get it done. Smart player. It seems to me that Izzo just needs seniors.

Comment

• Sparty Slappy Caputo

John Beilein has done the unthinkable. He’s overshadowed Jim Harbaugh and Tom Izzo to make Michigan basketball arguably the most relevant college sports program in this state.

Comment

Working...
                                X