No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Purdue, Saturday, 9/23, 4p Eastern, FOX/Stream FSGo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speight had lost some of his elusiveness, too.

Comment

• Yup, I remember Speight able to regularly escape and make plays last season. I haven't seen that Speight at all this season, OL could be the cause as much as him.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        I have not watched a lot of M games. What is the issue? Pass pro? Run blocking? Penalties?
        For almost everybody -- assignments. The worst part about it is that there is only one guy on the OL who gets beat physically with some regularity.

Comment

• ^

This. Offensive lineman are hesitant, and confused. Entirely unblocked defenders is the result of OL not being in sync with each other or line calls like Jeff says.

Comment

• It's an interesting problem. Running a Power and a Counter, as an offensive linemen, goes back to junior high. 'Analysis Paralysis' shouldn't really be an issue at this point. Every o-line coach adds his own wrinkles and nuances, but the major concepts are the same.

With pass pro, a defense can always scheme to overwhelm the o-line and get a guys free and in the backfield. Of course, done enough, that should get the D eaten up with hot routes and screens.

I plan to watch the Michigan State-Michigan game this weekend. I wil give you my expert impressions on Sunday and you can cut and paste and email directly to JH. Thank me later.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
            X