Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those three posts one is from me about Touissant and Clark. The other two are from you and Buchanan. I'd make the same post today. Then again, I am who I am and you are who you are.:-D
    Last edited by iam416; July 23, 2013, 10:31 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent, you need to get more fun out of life. Try prune juice.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Dangerous. Speaking of which, my son now does a victory lap every time he breaks wind. The length of the lap seems to vary with overall quality, but if you're ever at my house, and I haven't killed you, and you see my son laughing and starting off on a lap, brace yourself!

The fine work of an uncle.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          The fine work of an uncle.
          LOL, that's great!
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Did I meet the Uncle/Brother at your tailgate?

More bad news, I actually met Urbie, spent a little time with him, tried my best to like him. As many Floridians claim, I was duped too.

Fox News
            Everyone not wearing scarlet and grey should know that Urban Meyer is the fakest major college coach in America.

He wags his finger about player discipline, morality and the top one percent of one percent — meanwhile his players are out allegedly committing felonies. Alleged felony battery and an investigation for a double shooting? Meyer referred to all that as "very minor stuff" when it came to Aaron Hernandez's tenure in Florida. Now Meyer's culture has reared its ugly head at Ohio State.

It didn't take long.

The latest Urban Meyer player to reportedly run seriously afoul of the law? Starting running back Carlos Hyde, who was suspended after being accused of punching a woman at a club, according to a police report. Hyde, who had hoped to become the first Urban Meyer running back to rush for 1,000 yards in a single season, isn't the only Buckeye in trouble. Starting cornerback Bradley Roby has reportedly been charged with battery. Tight end Marcus Baugh also had legal issues.

Pop quiz: You know what Urban Meyer usually calls his arrested players?

Team captain.

Raise your hand if you could have ever foreseen Urban Meyer players having major off-the-field incidents. (Every college football fan not rooting for Ohio State raises his or her hand.)

Some people ask, why are you so hard on Urban Meyer?

The answer's simple, because Urban Meyer is completely and totally full of it. He wins football games by any means necessary.

That's fine, more power to him. If he just admitted, "You know, I care about winning football games more than I care about anything in my life," I'd just nod and move along. Then all the player arrests, going on ESPN and asserting that his family comes first when they would later find out that he's returning to coaching on ESPN, all of it would make a lot more sense.

We'd all know that deep down Urban Meyer cared so much about winning that nothing else mattered to him.

But Meyer's not content with the truth being out there.

He has to be the most hypocritical coach in major college football. He has to claim he's winning the "right way." No matter what you do, everyone has worked in a profession with a hypocrite, a person who tries to control his image to such an extent that he himself actually starts to believe his own lies.

That's Urban Meyer.

He's so much of an enabler that he even enables himself to believe his own lies.

Read the article about Hyde being suspended. The Columbus-Dispatch — whose writers have thus far been carrying the water for Urban Meyer — even includes this handy line: "Meyer has a strict policy regarding violence against women."

Gee, thanks.

Without your "strict policy regarding violence against women" what would all of our laws that govern the same thing be worth?

NOT SO BRIGHT
            Find out who tops our list of the most stupid athletes in sports.
            Nothing.

I'm not even kidding about that.

Because Urban Meyer makes his own rules, breaks them, and then calls out media and fans for daring to notice. Often this works with local media, who are usually so afraid of being shut out on big stories that they walk around all moony-eyed as Urban talks. But slowly that infatuation wears off for both media and fans. "Wait a minute," they start to realize, "Urban Meyer just told me that one felony plus one felony equaled zero felonies. That can't be right."

Urban Meyer puts winning above everything — including the law. And if you put winning above all else eventually your program falls apart.

That's what happened at Florida.

Meyer won battle after battle with felons. Using Tim Tebow as a media distraction, he ran up a 26-2 record in Tebow's final 28 games. Even as the program fell apart, Tebow kept the Gators from sinking into football oblivion. But then what happened once Tebow was gone? Urban lost his team, and he'd lost the war. His program's foundation was built on quicksand, it sank into the Swamp.

Meyer looked the other way until his locker room was unrecoverable. The Gators fell completely and totally apart. Ask Will Muschamp about the culture he inherited at Florida. He'll dodge the question.

Then Meyer skipped away at the last possible moment, just as the program went underwater. Actually, he tried to skip away before the final 8-5 season. Urban left Muschamp to try and drag his players out of the mess he'd left behind.

There's a reason Urban Meyer doesn't stay anywhere for long.

It's because his will to win burns so intensely it consumes everything around him, turns foundations to ash, leaves an empty victory behind. A body without a backbone can't stand. Neither can a program without one. Urban Meyer will win, but his program will die.

Then what happens?

That nasty indigestion kicks up again.

Better keep ESPN on speed dial, Urban. Before all is said and done at Ohio State, they're going to have to bail you out again.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              True. And where's your support? I mean (a) what's the norm; (b) what's UFM's track record at OSU; (c) what was his track record at Utah and BG.

We all know you and M fans think UFM is complicit (or worse) in murder and beating of women, so this thread is what it is. Don't parade around like you're any different from OP, who is at least honest about his dishonesty.
              So is this another one of your "facts"? So now you are going to tell me what i think? You really are a sorry arrogant ass.

I will clarify one last time for you. Multiple media sources are noting an unusually "high" level of legal issues/arrests for Urbz coached players. To answer your point about what is the norm, I am not aware of a national average having been posted anywhere, but it seems that virtually everyone feels the number that Urbz is posting is so high, there is little doubt that it is above average. If you have numbers to dispute that, I would respect your view point. It seems you believe that Urbz is right on target with everyone else. If that is is the case, yours is a minority opinion based on what is being reported. If your position is that all of the articles written out there have been unfairly biased against Urbz, that's fine ... we'll agree to disagree.

I am not implying that Urbz is some dirty slime ball despite your claims to know what i think. However, I do think he is willing to let some questionable types in and give them a bit of free reign if it means more W's. I think it is worth scrutinizing and not simply dismissing as you seem to suggest.

Comment

• The answer is UFM had no issue with this stuff at BG or Utah, and has had little issue with it at OSU. The answer is that all of this Florida-based and driven, insanely, on crimes committed by a New England Patriot. That you happily swallow the media tale is no surprise.

In the end, M fans will make one excuse after another as to why they lose to OSU. The Noble Defeat. I dont much care what those excuses are, just that M fans keep having to make them. And they will.

Comment

• Excuses excuses excuses from the oLIEo blindfaithful
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Your terminology "media tale" speaks volumes.

Comment

• Duke lacrosse. And, again, I ask, where was the rampant lawlessness at BG, Utah and, frankly, Ohio State?

I understand what folks want to believe. And lord knows there's no stopping the media train once dialed in.

Wetzel correctly noted it's a matter of perception, which is my point -- one you seem to not care about. I don't much care about the perception. OP is going to be OP. And so forth.
                      Last edited by iam416; July 23, 2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• LOL....

Not sure. We dont have all the facts. For Fitz, first offense and could already have been pled down.

Not trying to minimize DUI. But there are reasonable punishments that don't involve pushing this great FB player to the bench. Lots of lessons to be learned here and I have no doubt Hoke has fashioned a path to redemption that tested Fitz's mettle.
                        These kids are entitled to their day in court so to speak. Frankly, local law enforcement in this country scares the hell out of me. Many are poorly trained and paid, grossly incompetent and that goes for many prosecutors as well.

Often most get charged and the cops let the courts sort it out. Be prepared to shellout 5-10K to simply defend yourself against weak or erroneous charges. A travesty of justice for those that can't afford a proper defense or get terrible legal counsel, I say.

These kids deserve a rigorous defense.

Comment

• LOL....

Comment

• Incidentally, last season was M's first trip back to the Top 10 for the Fulmer Cup since LLLLLLLLoyd's last season...LOL

Comment

• And, of course, for all-time Fulmer Cup Standings, Michigan is way higher on the list than Ohio State (26th vs 61st).

Guess I need to revise the "Michigan Difference" -- Losing with Hypocrisy. LOL.

Comment

• Wow ...

Desperation noted.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X