No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat, I am so happy for you and your family to have been able to do that! How fabulous!!!
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4&feature=player_embedded"]DEAD GIVEAWAY - Hero Charles Ramsey Songified! - YouTube[/ame]
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Earlier in April I mentioned that if these classes go good for this quarter for my college and then if I survive next quarter that I could be graduating with honors. Well, now that I am half way thru this quarter, it is not only the one class that is hard, but they all are. I was worried about my grades this quarter, but with my nose in these books and writing papers all of the time and everything else that the teacher is asking for, I believe that I am doing pretty good so far. Both grades so far this quarter are both A's. Yup, it sure surprised the crap out of me, since the one has to do with the law and ethics of the medical field. Graduation can't come soon enough for me at the end of Sept. Just thought I'd keep all you Lion fans updated.

Also, my middle daughter got accepted into UW Milwaukee for this Fall. Going to the Lubar School of Business.
        Last edited by Angeleyes; May 9, 2013, 05:28 PM.
        My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• Way to go AE!

.......and even more way to go for your daughter.

Sharkey you are one lucky Dude.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Dave Lubin has a school of business? No wonder he's so good at lubinizing!
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Congrats on the hard work paying off so far, AE. September will be here in no time!
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• This is kind of fascinating. This guy has mapped out the various dialects used in Canada and the United States. I mean REALLY mapped out...along with audio samples of each dialect. It's pretty cool, but I can't help but think there has to be a better way to organize all of this information.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• I think he needs to find another example of Detroit. The person that he picked is Nancy Skinner. Although she was born in Royal Oak and went to UofM she spent a lot of years in Chicago and picked up a lot of the Chicago accent and it obviously shows in the clip. People from Detroit do not sound like people from Chicago.

Edit: It is a cool site Deb. Thanks
                  Last edited by CGVT; May 10, 2013, 09:05 AM.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• +1!
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• It is absolutely fascinating. Having moved all over the country, I have been interested in dialects for a while.

My wife and I (back before kids) used to sit at the bar in Pepe's in Key West and bet on where people were from as we heard them talk...

I see that most studies are showing that regional dialects are morphing together and have the Chicago/Detroit dialect merging and listed as one. I don't believe that it is true.
                      Although both have the same nasal tone, Chicago tends to exagerate their esses at the end of word (The Bearsss, you guise etc etc) You don't hear that very much if at all in eastern Michigan.

I do believe that accents are becoming less identifiable as people become more and more mobile and move about the country. I know that I easily picked up the Duluth sound when I lived there and have also picked up a very little bit of a drawl.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Very cool Deb! Thanks!

When I was first stationed in N. Cali (Travis AFB) people said I had an accent. I never noticed it and thought they were crazy. Now that I've lived out here the majority of my life, when I talk to my sis in Michigan I can clearly detect an accent.

Occasionally she'll get this "Fargo" accent when speaking....not sure if it's because she & her family spend summers up north or if it's something she's picked up hanging out with several transplants from the Minnesota area.

At times, I'll notice myself speaking with a southern accent. I blame all the BBQ I ate when I lived in Atlanta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeleyes View Post
                          Earlier in April I mentioned that if these classes go good for this quarter for my college and then if I survive next quarter that I could be graduating with honors. Well, now that I am half way thru this quarter, it is not only the one class that is hard, but they all are. I was worried about my grades this quarter, but with my nose in these books and writing papers all of the time and everything else that the teacher is asking for, I believe that I am doing pretty good so far. Both grades so far this quarter are both A's. Yup, it sure surprised the crap out of me, since the one has to do with the law and ethics of the medical field. Graduation can't come soon enough for me at the end of Sept. Just thought I'd keep all you Lion fans updated.

Also, my middle daughter got accepted into UW Milwaukee for this Fall. Going to the Lubar School of Business.
                          Proud of both of you, hon. Aren't you supposed to be studying?

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          Way to go AE!

.......and even more way to go for your daughter.

Sharkey you are one lucky Dude.

I am well aware of that, Mark. Thanks for saying so, my friend.

Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                          Dave Lubin has a school of business? No wonder he's so good at lubinizing!
                          That's funny.

Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                          Congrats on the hard work paying off so far, AE. September will be here in no time!

Only 4 more months. Shit, we'll probably have snow blowing again, or still, whatever it may be. It's been a long journey, she has worked very hard, I have no doubt she'll be near the top of her class when all is said and done
                          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Great job AE and congrats to the daughter.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Very cool Deb. I noticed they have Senator Tom Casperson on there. I went to school with him. He graduated a year ahead of me. His wife is also from Esky but I don't remember her.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/lc8BcBZ0tAI[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X