Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Junior high basketball: If I were king of Jr High basketball, I would make it so there was no three point shot.

My 13 year old's season just ended and I have watched an entire year of kids firing bombs from beyond the arc. Most of the kids are shooting from their waist and developing terrible fundamentals. There is no effort to work the ball for a good shot.

There is no way these kids should be shooting the ball from that distance.
    That would drive me crazy too, but it just has not been an issue in the youth basketball that my boys are in. There is the occasional 3-point attempt - but nothing excessive. I wonder why the difference?

Comment

• I've seen differences in leagues. A lot of times it is dependant on how well they teach defense or emphasize defense. I've found that coaches in the middle schools and high schools aren't necessarily the best at coaching so you get a lot of chucking threes.

Personally when I coached if your layer could shoot and had an open shot I wanted them to take it.

Comment

• <<crickets>>

Comment

• On Bing search today.
          Attached Files
          ------------
          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Nothing like a little squirrel play to chase the crickets away.

Comment

• I think more study needs to be done on this and we should be included in the research.

I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                I am taking a moment this morning to observe National Squirrel Appreciation Day.
                [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uiYp8xKjLM"]Squirrel Nut Zippers "Hell" - YouTube[/ame]
                The only logical explanation is:
                I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                  I think more study needs to be done on this and we should be included in the research.

I agree with this. Give me a shapely B or C cup any day over something bigger. Bigger is not better.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Which do you have, DanO?

Comment

• I have D's.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• This does not surprise me.

Comment

• Research done by brain dead scientists

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                            Research done by brain dead scientists
                            Why do you say that?
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• well for some reason i can't see the original post, but the Study was saying if you use one side of your brain you don't use the other as much.

So I was just kind of making an oxymoron statement as in braindead scientists.

Scientist are very smart, but the other side is brain dead.

trying to be kind of funny

Comment

• Ha!

UberFacts ‏@UberFacts [ame="https://twitter.com/UberFacts/status/717053414140723200"]29m29 minutes ago[/ame] I wanna go.

Comment

Working...
                                X