Meh, I really don't care. Still waiting for that apathy thread. 7 17.95%
Not bad. I diddly-liddly love talking stupid shit. 5 12.82%
It f'in is the best! F&$K MS! This guy has the plan! 8 20.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 8th, 2018, 08:43 PM   #3401
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatnod View Post
Yeah, it's just cuz Matty makes Martha feel all tingly I am sure.

No football sense involved, amiright.

It's because actual football professionals are making these decisions and not you, an obsessed hater.
No Mediocre Matty makes Martha lots of money, thatís what itís all about.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
dwt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old February 8th, 2018, 08:48 PM   #3402
dwt1

Quote:
Yeah, I am not going to spend so much time worrying about 4%. Seems like the Lions are actually in pretty good shape as far as $$ goes right now.

Colts look to be all kinds of fucked. Regardless of what their finances are like (I have no idea). Not really very similar situations IMO.

Stafford has one ability way above Luck. Availability. If player's pay reflected thier contribution as you wish ............... Luck should be paid less than Rudock.
Availability isn’t an ability, it’s a status. One ability Mediocre Matty has over luck is that he can actually throw a football. Apparently Luck isn’t throw the ball yet in his rehab.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
Old February 8th, 2018, 09:09 PM   #3403
dpatnod

Potato, pototo.

The G.D. Pen is Blue!

Yeah, Luck is about equal to Stafford. FFS. Just stop it.
Old February 8th, 2018, 09:11 PM   #3404
UKBB

Patricia thrilled to have Stafford as his quarterback

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...3-79c3f54dabb1
UKBB is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old February 8th, 2018, 09:21 PM   #3405
dpatnod

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBB View Post
ďIím obviously thrilled to have that piece,Ē Patricia said. ďIím very blessed to have that in place. I think from that standpoint itís a great situation to walk into.Ē

But Patricia is also approaching this job with the reality that not just one man can win or lose a football game or help Detroit get over the hump. Patricia knows he has an important piece in place at quarterback with Stafford, but his task is improving the roster from 1 to 53 so both his quarterback and the team are in a better position to have consistent success.

ďWeíre going to coach the whole team and itís going to have to be the team that wins it,Ē he said. ďItís not going to be just one guy.
Fake Coach!
Old February 9th, 2018, 07:59 AM   #3406
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBB View Post
Patricia thrilled to have Stafford as his quarterback

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...3-79c3f54dabb1
Iím thrilled too, easy money!!!!!

Old February 9th, 2018, 08:03 AM   #3407
dwt1

Quote:
Fake Coach!
Actually one guy can lose a game - it happens all the time inthe NFL.

Old February 9th, 2018, 08:10 AM   #3408
Futureshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraquar View Post
I guess I'm just looking at the QB position (including backups) as a percentage of payroll. Seems once you start exceeding 15% is becomes increasingly harder to put a team around the QB (whoever he is) that he needs to win.

When 1 QB on the team exceeds 15%, you'd expect him to be one of the top 3-4 QB's in the league, year in year out.

Inevitably that is what happens. QB gets paid a kings ransom and people complain because there isn't enough around him to win. The Lions and Colts have their starting QB making 19%+ of team payroll and both struggle to put together a roster of enough talent to do anything with those QB's - even when Luck was healthy.
And incredibly the Lions will still have over $50 mil in cap space. The issue isn't the money. The issue is not properly evaluating and finding cheap labor via the draft. The better your team drafts the better you can field a full team capable of making a serious run in the playoffs.
Old February 9th, 2018, 01:09 PM   #3409
dwt1

Problem is there’s no guarantee’s with the draft. It’s as much about luck as it is about due diligence. Washington Post analysis of the last 20 years of drafts shows that. Shit the only two time hiesman trophy winner was a complete NFL bust.

Old February 9th, 2018, 01:21 PM   #3410
Fraquar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureshock View Post
And incredibly the Lions will still have over $50 mil in cap space. The issue isn't the money. The issue is not properly evaluating and finding cheap labor via the draft. The better your team drafts the better you can field a full team capable of making a serious run in the playoffs.
They got over 50 million in cap space, until they franchise a player they already had on their roster - then it's down to 33 - and they still need a ton of players/upgrades.

I agree whole heartedly, if you are going to pay 20% of your entire budget for 1 guy or 1 position, you HAVE to nail the draft and low budget FA process - and have coaches that can get the most out of those players.

Hopefully the combination of Quinn and Patricia can make some serious headway in that regard.

I think people fail to realize that every time the cap increases, that increase is already spent. Virtually every position the cost of business increases, the minimum salary of all the cannon fodder on the roster increases and one can only hope that the increase of one position doesn't turn a cap increase into deficit spending. Added: In many ways the NFL cap increase is like raising the minimum wage, sure you get more dollars but your buying power doesn't change.

Last edited by Fraquar; February 9th, 2018 at 01:24 PM.
Fraquar is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old February 13th, 2018, 07:39 PM   #3411
dpatnod

Fucking Stafford can't even make more $$ than a 6-game, first-time starter.

Fucking Stafford!
Old February 13th, 2018, 07:43 PM   #3412
kreton

Quote:
Fucking Stafford can't even make more $$ than a 6-game, first-time starter.

Fucking Stafford!
We need to finally pay Stafford. He has been low balled long enough......wait not. Jimmy G has rings. He is better than Stafford.
kreton is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old February 13th, 2018, 07:44 PM   #3413
kreton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraquar View Post
They got over 50 million in cap space, until they franchise a player they already had on their roster - then it's down to 33 - and they still need a ton of players/upgrades.

I agree whole heartedly, if you are going to pay 20% of your entire budget for 1 guy or 1 position, you HAVE to nail the draft and low budget FA process - and have coaches that can get the most out of those players.

Hopefully the combination of Quinn and Patricia can make some serious headway in that regard.

I think people fail to realize that every time the cap increases, that increase is already spent. Virtually every position the cost of business increases, the minimum salary of all the cannon fodder on the roster increases and one can only hope that the increase of one position doesn't turn a cap increase into deficit spending. Added: In many ways the NFL cap increase is like raising the minimum wage, sure you get more dollars but your buying power doesn't change.
I don't think the tag is happening on Ziggy. My guess is the Lions offer him a 3 year deal to stay and he'll laugh at it and walk. And the Lions will let him.
Old February 13th, 2018, 08:02 PM   #3414
dpatnod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreton View Post
I don't think the tag is happening on Ziggy. My guess is the Lions offer him a 3 year deal to stay and he'll laugh at it and walk. And the Lions will let him.
That is sad. But probably totally correct.
Old February 13th, 2018, 08:04 PM   #3415
dpatnod

Quote:
We need to finally pay Stafford. He has been low balled long enough......wait not. Jimmy G has rings. He is better than Stafford.
Neither one of those douches can hold Nick Foles', Blake Bortles', Borck Osweiller's or Case Keenums jock!
Old February 14th, 2018, 06:08 AM   #3416
dwt1

4-55.

Old February 14th, 2018, 06:28 AM   #3417
CGVT

Old February 14th, 2018, 06:51 AM   #3418
kreton

Quote:
Neither one of those douches can hold Nick Foles', Blake Bortles', Borck Osweiller's or Case Keenums jock!
Can't argue that. Your logic is flawless. You have won this thread. Well played sir.
Old February 14th, 2018, 09:12 AM   #3419
Futureshock

Quote:
For nothing huh?
Old February 14th, 2018, 10:02 AM   #3420
dwt1

Quote:
Can't argue that. Your logic is flawless. You have won this thread. Well played sir.
Example A on why you should leave thinking to those who can. Donít quit your career in fast food.