Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Steve!

Once you get to heaven, look up Ned, Yoop, Skate, Chris and my Dad!

Comment

• Former heavyweight champ Corrie Sanders killed in South Africa

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...#ixzz27KjLbpFS
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Andy Williams died two days ago from cancer at age 84. Loved his Christmas album

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtb3EtjEic"]Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• RIP, Andy. My mom had several of his albums we use to listen too. That's a good one, Dan.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I actually thought Andy Williams died in the 90's. My ignorance of crooners is terrible....., or excellent,....., whichever way you look at it is correct.

RIP Andy.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Now he can compare notes with the guy his wife whacked. RIP, he had a very mellow voice
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Inspector Clouseau's boss has passed away...

Actor Herbert Lom, best known for playing Charles Dreyfus in the Pink Panther films, has died aged 95.

Comment

• The infamous twitching eye was hilarious.

RIP Herbert Lom
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Chris Economaki dies at 91

Updated: September 28, 2012, 3:26 PM ET
                    By David Newton | ESPN.com

Chris Economaki reporting from the Charlotte Motor Speedway, 1969

Chris Economaki and Jim McKay cover the National 500 on ABC's Wide World of Sports, November 1, 1969.Tags: Chris Economaki, Jim McKay, National 500, Charlotte Motor Speedway

NEXT VIDEO

Legendary motorsports commentator Chris Economaki, known as "The Dean of American Motorsports," died on Friday morning at age 91.

[+] EnlargeESPN Archives Caption:Chris Economaki commanded attention as a broadcaster for the 1979 Indy 500.

"The passing of Chris Economaki is a tough loss for me on both a personal and professional level, having known Chris throughout my life," said NASCAR chairman Brian France. "Many people consider Chris the greatest motorsports journalist of all time. He was, indeed, 'the Dean.' Chris was a fixture for years at NASCAR events, and played a huge role in growing NASCAR's popularity. I'll miss seeing him and of course, I'll miss hearing that voice. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughters Corinne and Tina and the rest of Chris' family."
                    Indycar also issued the following statement: "INDYCAR and the world of motorsports have lost a true friend with the passing of Chris Economaki. The Dean of American motorsports journalists, Chris dedicated most of his life to reporting the sport of auto racing and telling the stories of the heroes of our sport. He was truly one of a kind. We send our thoughts and condolences to his family, friends and colleagues."
                    Economaki was born in Brooklyn, N.Y. He saw his first race at the age of 9 in Atlantic City and began selling copies of the National Speed Sport News at the age of 13.
                    He became the editor of the National Speed Sport News in 1950 and began writing a column called "The Editor's Notebook," which he continued for more than 50 years.
                    Economaki went on to become a commentator for ABC's "Wide World of Sports" motorsports events, covering several Indianapolis 500s, Daytona 500s and other forms of racing.
                    He also served as a commentator for CBS Sports, contributed to ESPN's "SpeedWeek" and TBS' "Motorweek Illustrated."
                    Details on funeral arrangements have not been released.
                    Friends and colleagues from around the industry sent condolences Friday, including Danica Patrick, Matt Kenseth and Jeff Gordon.
                    Edsel B. Ford II of Ford Racing, called Economaki "an icon of the sport of auto racing and a familiar, knowledgeable face and voice to millions of race fans around the world. His influence on the growth of auto racing in the United States cannot be underestimated."

Motorsports legend Chris Economaki, who was known as the "Dean of American Motorsports," died Friday morning at age 91.
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Wow 95! For Herbert lom!
                      AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Rip gentlemen.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Though not a celebrity in the contributed something positive to mankind sense, the chick in Michigan who won the lottery but still claimed state benefits was found dead...

Lottery winner who kept taking food stamps is found dead in Ecorse

Amanda Clayton, the Lincoln Park woman who caused a stir after continuing to take food stamps after winning the state lottery’s $1-million “Make Me Rich!” game show, has died of a possible drug overdose, police said Saturday.

Clayton was found dead by police at about 9 a.m. at a home on Sunnyside Road, said Ecorse Police Sgt. Cornelius Herring.

No further details were released by police, including what she was doing at the home.

Clayton was propelled into the spotlight after a local news outlet learned she had won the game show in September 2011, but continued to take welfare benefits. At the time, she said she was entitled to the payments because she still needed help.

She was charged by Attorney General Bill Schuette for felony welfare fraud, and was sentenced to nine months of probation in late July. She was also ordered to repay the roughly $5,500 in food and medical assistance she received after winning the windfall.

"We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Someone on food stamps wins the lottery and then blows the money on drugs and dies from an overdose?

Well I'm shocked.
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Man, I'm glad I came to this thread to pay my respects to Morgan Freeman. I thought he died!

mf'ers.. who the hell would start something like that?
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Just saw that Alex Karras is at home and in the care of hospice...He has 2-3 days to live according to his wife.....

Comment

Working...
                                X