• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Yup.

I will call you this following week."

-------------------------Sounds good.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Dwt, mrs SLF and I are headed to Vienna and Prague in the beginning of October. Any suggestions?
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yes - Vienna is expensive but a beautiful town, good shopping, great museums, fabulous food, a great walking/biking town - it's also worth your while to take a trian into Bratislava Slovakia - beautiful old town city, and extremely affordable and the people are wonderful. Also - consider going a bit further and go to Budapest (outside of Istanbul, one of my favorite European Cities)

We love Prague, been there many times - one of my favorite places to eat is http://www.school.cz/cz/, also a great place to eat and drink is http://www.labodeguitadelmedio.cz/?lang=en. Try to stay as close to old town as possible, again a great place to walk and sight see. The castle is pretty cool, and a great place to take pictures over looking the city. Great steert food in the maketplaza. If you can get a car, recommend a day trip into Poland, specifically Boleslawiec for polish potery shopping (google it).

Unfortunately, you're coming a month too early - if you wait until the end of November, each one of these cities have great Christmas Markets.

Also - to find affordable places to stay - try www.booking.com or www.airbnb.com
        Last edited by dwt1; July 18, 2014, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• Thanks my man. We are looking forward to the trip. It should be a blast.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I know you'll have a great time slf......DWT any suggestions on Rome, Vienna or Barcelona? My wife and daughter are making a two week trip middle of August.

Comment

• Love Rome - that where my we got engaged, just got back from there went to the Rolling Stones concert at Circus Maximus.

They are going in the heart of European holiday season though Rome should not be too crowded - because it is very hot there in August few Europeans travel there for holiday. Highly recommend using a tour company for the Vatican, they can get you directly avoiding a three to four wait. Public transportation is os okay in Rome, but not great - It has limited light rail but a an extensive bus system that once you break the code on using it will get you everywhere you want. I have to find it, but I have a cheat sheet that Embassy Rome gives to dignitaries on good places to eat - I'll pm it to you.

The must sees are obvious, Vatican, Colosseum etc. Definitely make it to the Pantheon and the spanish steps. No need to go to Tevi Fountain - it's under repair and shut down.

Also, tell them them to be very careful in Rome, lots of gypsies pick pocketing, also if somebody comes up to them and hands them a ring or anything it's best to not say anything and just walk away - do not engage in conversation what so ever - All they are trying to do is distract you so that their partners can steal your wallet.

I recommend that if they are going to be in Rome for three or four days that they use one of those days to take a train ride up to Tuscany, particularly Cortuna - a mid-evil city perched up on a hill - absolutely beautiful, great wine spectacular food and warm people. There a train that leaves around 9:00 that takes about two hours to get there.

Again, Barcelona will be hot, but you're on the coast - so that is great. Food is wonderful there, but keep in mind, in Spain they siesta during the hot afternoon, many restaurants do not reopen until 7:00/8:00 pm.

The new Basillica (been under construction for centuries) is amazing and worth seeing.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                Thanks my man. We are looking forward to the trip. It should be a blast.
                Yeah, you'll have a blast. In Prague, the horse carriage rides are worth it, they also have classic car tours. You'll se them by the MarketPlatz near the astronomical clock.

Comment

• Amazing DWT...Very informative....I know they were hitting the colosseum and Vatican as wells as TREVI...I'll get them to change their plans today and put in the pantheon. you should open a travel blog. Just looking at your Stone tickets....Does it also say John Mayer on the them? If he opened for them what a great treat. I love his music.
                  Saw the Stones in 1986 in Toronto. God they put on a show don't they!

(My wife just came in to read your post), She says thank you thank you thank you....She has the Spanish Steps on her itinerary and is adding the Pantheon as well.
                  Last edited by The Cat; July 20, 2014, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• It was a great show, about 100,000 people where there. John Mayer played for about 90 minutes. The Stones didn't start until the sun fully set so that their screens weren't washed out by the sun.

Comment

• Comment

• Well the week has arrived.

LFIJ is Stateside and the weather report for Saturday so far is 80 with a 20% chance of rain.

Any other Locals interested?
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          Well the week has arrived.

LFIJ is Stateside and the weather report for Saturday so far is 80 with a 20% chance of rain.

Any other Locals interested?
                          Wish I could be there....I'd love to meet him in person...especially if he wears the lions jacket he was the highest bidder for about four years back.

Comment

• Well the most recent PT Scan came back and it was not positive. The large tumor, which had shrunken considerably after the first set of treatments has done a 180 and is growing again. It is putting a lot of pressure on the nerves because of it sitting at the junction aroung the top rib, collar bone, and spine. Starting new chemo regime today. Going to give something else a try. Just a little speed bump in the road. Not Raiola size speed bump, more Steven Miller size.
                            Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Laughing at your analogy, DL.

Stay strong!
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that, DL. Your attitude is positive and that will take you a long way. Hoping your next scan shows improvement.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X