No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We went on a trip to Montreal for the North American International Dance Championships. Or as it's commony referred to as Nationals. It's the national championship for Canada, the US and Mexico. Plus its open to dancers from Australia, Ireland, Engand, Scotland, etc.. My youngest daughter competed there in the under 9 competition and she finished 20th. Her friend/classmate from our Ohio school finished 4th. Here's a picture of them and her teachers after awards.

My daughter is the taller one on the left. We had a great time in Montreal. I haven't walked that much in forever. My wife and I both got blisters on our feet. My older daughter didn't qualify to dance, so she went there to shop. She got a lot of souvenirs. The daughter that danced didn't want any souvenirs, her souvenir was that medal. We said that medal cost well over a grand.

Great trip, now we have to eat ramen noodles for awhile.

My daughter had her day made when she met Julia O'Rourke from the documentary Jig. She's a 5 time national champ and 2 time world champ.

Comment

• Nice, Loops!
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Very nice

So is the fake hair part of the look for these types of comps??
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Yeah pretty much. A small minority will curl the hair. The giant wigs are going a little out of style, our two daughters typically use a bun wig. My older daughter needs to use a wig because her hair is so thick, its nearly unmanageable. We had a competitior in the competition use curled hair but it took her mom 3 hours to do.

Comment

• 2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                Ugh. As appealing as that sounds, I think maybe I'll stick to road races. Mrs. SLF and I are about 70% sure we are going to head over and run the royal parks half next year in London. It looks like a great course.
                Had to look that up, looks a great way to see London! I might do a 6 mile race next year, where the finishing line is in the Olympic Stadium.

Great pics Froot, there was something on the news here about all the make-up and hair and how they were trying to/have banned over use in some competitions.
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Yeah over in your neck of the woods they have a couple of different type of competitions. The festival competitions where it has plain hair and simple costumes. And then their is the competitions where everything goes.

In the Mid West region here our teachers have spearheaded an effort to ban all jeweled costumes for girls U9 and under. So at our midwestern Oireachtas in November the dresses are all crystal and rhinestone free. But it isn't like that at nationals. My daughter probably had the plainest dress of the top 20, but we did sew about a 100 crystals on it, just so it had a little sparkle. The good thing is her color stook out because very few had blue and that type of blue, so it stood out.

They just did ban all makeup from girls u10 and under worldwide in March.

The problem with banning stuff is it creates an arms race with things you can do. At this level the competition is so stiff that there is not much to seperate the dancers. So everyone is looking for an edge.

pANDs

Really one of the most shocking things at Nationals is the spray tanning on site. We'll use a home kit of Saint Tropez tanner at the hotel the nights before the competition. But at Nationals they will have a spray tanner come on site and spray tan the legs so these girls are walking around the venue with short volleyball shorts and unaturally dark legs with pale arms.

Comment

• Did not start wearing make up until I was at least 12 all the time. Quit when for awhile as an adult. But beginning to wear make up all together for a year or two myself.
                    Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• This is pretty neat.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Pretty cool, Deb.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Ziggy Marley was awesome last night.

At least what I can recall this morning through all the haze.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Snail letter from Malto Marko arrived, thanks for that, buddy. And you put your address on it. Expect many gifts! How about a nice box of tablet from the Scottish shop down the High Street amongst those gifts?

SLF, send me your address too, I'll send you some also, I remember you saying you loved it.

Unless of course you guys are watching your cholesterol levels?
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• OMG! I have lost almost 100 pounds in the last year Marko, but we would love some tablet.

It's very strange timing. Last weekend Mrs SLF and I went to a Scottish festival here and they had a bunch of Scottish food (I.e. Irn-Bru) but despite looking everywhere not an ounce of tablet!
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Re: Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Snail letter from Malto Marko arrived, thanks for that, buddy. And you put your address on it. Expect many gifts! How about a nice box of tablet from the Scottish shop down the High Street amongst those gifts?

SLF, send me your address too, I'll send you some also, I remember you saying you loved it.

Unless of course you guys are watching your cholesterol levels?
                                Android, Apple or Windows tablet?
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X