Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
    The Wings re-signed Cleary to a one year deal. I always liked Cleary but I think it was time to move on.
    Rut Ro!

We need to do a Jaadam search. I fear this news may have mac-ed him out.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Apparently the Red Wings are out of ideas.

Comment

• I am guessing they are putting guys on the roster they have no problem in dropping if the kids show they can play.

Comment

• This is a Babcock signing. He pushed for it before, he pushed for it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            Rut Ro!

We need to do a Jaadam search. I fear this news may have mac-ed him out.
            I've been prepared for this, Holland has seriously lost it. We screwed up in letting Nill walk.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Again this is a Babcock driven signing. If you like Babcock, you have to like this signing. He pushed for it last year, he pushed for it this year.

Comment

• Yesterdays paper says it was a loyalty signing.

A signing because he took a one year contract with Detroit instead of a 3 year 9M contract with Phildelphia last year.

Holland was quoted as saying he will have to have a good camp to make the roster.

Comment

• I like how loyal Holland is. He is high character and that's the type of person I want running the show. Problem for me isn't that he's loyal, but he misplaces his loyalty. First and foremost it should be to the Ilitch Family and then after that it is to the Detroit Red Wings fans. Forming relationships with players is something that should occur, but that shouldn't get in the way with how he runs the business. He essentially sayed FUCK YOU to the fans by signing Cleary and by admitting that it's not a good signing, he also just threw it in the face of the Ilitch family. Blowing there money on a promise he made. If I was the owner, I would not have allowed it.

I've been a big supporter of Holland over the past few years when people were calling for him to be fired. But at this point, I wouldn't be so sad to see him go. Quincey and Cleary have finally put me over the hump with him.

Comment

• Comment

• LOL! Wingsfan

Comment

• That gif is high-larious.

I always liked Clary, but there comes a time...
                        ------------
                        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Wingsfan.....That's one of the best ever

Comment

• Has Cleary been cut yet?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              Has Cleary been cut yet?
                              I think so. He is wearing a red C on his jersey now. Probably means "cut".
                              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas Dan Cleary!

Red Wings extend general manager Ken Holland through 2018
                                The Detroit Red Wings extended general manager Ken Holland's contract through the 2017-18 season Thursday. #RedWings owner Mike Ilitch on GM Ken Holland: "Ken is regarded as 1 of the premier executives in NHL, has been instrumental to success."— Helene St. James (@HeleneStJames) August 14, 2014 Holland was promoted to the role of general manager in July 1997 and his teams won Stanley Cups in 1998, 2002, and 2008 while making the playoffs in every season of his tenure. Detroit has more combined wins (regular season and playoffs) than any other NHL team since Holland was promoted.The Red Wings drafted Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg under Holland's watch, forming the backbone of the 2008 Cup victory. He appears to have Detroit stocked with young talent once again after solid showings from Gustav Nyquist, Tomas Tatar, and Tomas Jurco during an injury-plagued 2013-14 season.Holland is the second-longest serving general manager in the league behind Lou Lamoriello of the New Jersey Devils, and the final season of his contract extension will be his 20th in charge of the Red Wings.
                                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                                X