Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL!
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• we got a theme song

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs"]Denis Leary - Asshole (Uncensored Version) - YouTube[/ame]
      The only logical explanation is:
      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I like this one better

[ame]http://youtu.be/FimjuyVS3Mk[/ame]
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Everyone is an asshole...except me!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaIzBGpR0Ko"]EVERYONE ELSE IS AN ASSHOLE+LYRICS - YouTube[/ame]
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I'm not a veteran of the site, so I'm not sure where this should go, but this thread seems as good as any.

Bill Barnwell of Grantland does his usual numbers analysis of the lucky and unlucky teams of last year. Generally, teams revert to the mean the following year, so if a team was unlucky in 2013, they should improve in 2014 and vice-versa.

The Lions were listed as unlucky in three of the four major categories. I'm not buying superbowl tickets, but it's at least encouraging if the new regime is able to improve on those numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
              I'm not a veteran of the site, so I'm not sure where this should go, but this thread seems as good as any.

Bill Barnwell of Grantland does his usual numbers analysis of the lucky and unlucky teams of last year. Generally, teams revert to the mean the following year, so if a team was unlucky in 2013, they should improve in 2014 and vice-versa.

The Lions were listed as unlucky in three of the four major categories. I'm not buying superbowl tickets, but it's at least encouraging if the new regime is able to improve on those numbers.
              It seems like this particular sort of article is posted every single year, pointed to so that the claim of, "It was a fluke! Bad luck guys! Next year! Wait 'till next year!"

Then you look at what the findings actually say. Detroit SHOULD have been an 8-8 team by the Pythagorean measure (maybe 9-7 if luck had bounced their way). No matter how you try and parse it, that's STILL not good enough.

Comment

• Oh hey guys, welcome back.
                1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  It seems like this particular sort of article is posted every single year, pointed to so that the claim of, "It was a fluke! Bad luck guys! Next year! Wait 'till next year!"

Then you look at what the findings actually say. Detroit SHOULD have been an 8-8 team by the Pythagorean measure (maybe 9-7 if luck had bounced their way). No matter how you try and parse it, that's STILL not good enough.
                  I'd love to see their definition of "bad luck". If they call Stafford throwing a 40mph fastball at the receiver who is 5 yards downfield, the defense grabs the ricochet and returns it for 6 bad luck, that's likely not going to change.

Comment

• Re: At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                    I'd love to see their definition of "bad luck". If they call Stafford throwing a 40mph fastball at the receiver who is 5 yards downfield, the defense grabs the ricochet and returns it for 6 bad luck, that's likely not going to change.
                    I laugh everytime I think about Pettigrew ducking on that throw last year.
                    Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                      I laugh everytime I think about Pettigrew ducking on that throw last year.
                      Just wait until you see what they do this year.............
                      The only logical explanation is:
                      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I love the Lions and always will-

They are an average team at best right now.

Defense is unable to stop the run or pass.

Offense could be pretty exciting- guess we will see.

Formula of : Lets score more than our opponent; just does not work.

Could be good enough to win a playoff game-

But........

Defense wins Championships; Lions have no defense.

Comment

• This is still one of my favorite threads of all time. The timing of it was just perfect.

Just the week before an EPIC Lions collapse, one of the "cute while they're young" comes in to school us all on "believing."

And then the Lions went into true form.
                          The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• ULF, your avatar is particularly timely. I'm sure Lewand can't wait to show us his "Suh Plan" after he signs Arnaud Gascon-Nadon of the Hamilton Tiger Cats to replace him.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                              This is still one of my favorite threads of all time. The timing of it was just perfect.

Just the week before an EPIC Lions collapse, one of the "cute while they're young" comes in to school us all on "believing."

And then the Lions went into true form.
                              I just went back and read the whole thing.

Gold. Pure gold.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• This thread cannot ever be allowed to die.

Comment

Working...
                                X