Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess it's like the homicidal killer that ultimately blames the firearm manufacturer for producing such a fine killing instrument.
    To me, a true test of character lies in taking ownership of your actions, good or bad.

Package the OSU scandal in any manner the Buckeye Nation feels comfortable with, fortunately the NCAA Regulatory Body saw things differently as did most reasonably-minded college football fans as well.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 19, 2011, 08:23 AM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Looks as if fickell is tired of being the lap dog for o-lie-o.

Pittsburgh may not have a head coach to replace Todd Graham yet, but if two recent confirmed interviews are any indication, the Panthers are looking for a Big Ten influence as they transition from the Big East to the ACC.
      According to the Columbus Dispatch on Sunday, Ohio State head coach Luke Fickell confirmed that he has interviewed with Pittsburgh in recent days, but that he has not been offered the Pitt job.

Comment

• I think it very unlikely Coach Fickell is not coaching for OSU next season.

To other OSU related matters. Since, apparently, comments of recruits have currency these days, I thought I'd share some from Noah Spence's parents. Enjoy.

"We feel very blessed today that we finally found a school that transcends our values of faith and family first," Helen Spence said. "That's what we were looking for and we found with Ohio State."

Over the past few weeks, the Spence family opened up their home to a number of college football coaches from all over the country. The process can be very taxing, but not necessarily for Helen Spence.

"It was hard, but not as hard as I thought it would be," she stated. "I am very discerning of peoples character. I knew who was for me and if my spirit didn't align with theirs it wouldn't be best for me or my child. I need to feel it and it is easy to feel with the right people. There is a comfort zone with the right people and I knew when I felt it.

"Ohio State was easy, we were all on board," she continued. "Faith and family and putting those first. The people are very warm there. It is like a village, you must build a village around the kids to have them succeed that is very important to me and that is what I felt there."

Academics are very important to the Spence family and they felt Ohio State had a lot to offer their son.

"Noah is actually interested in business and the science of the body like kinesiology," Helen Spence stated. "He would like to potentially have his own business helping people have better bodies. We really liked the academic counselors at Ohio State and the wonderful support that they give the kids."

Greg Spence was very happy with his sons choice.
        "Ohio State strongly emphasized family and they make sure the whole team has that feel," he said. "The interaction between the players and the whole institution you can tell is a family. They offer great resources and give you all the tools to do well as a student. The staff was very warm and welcoming and you could tell they have the kids best interest at heart."
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Incidentally, the addition of Noah Spence has OSU at #5 per Scout and #6 per Rivals. Not a bad few weeks work by UFM.

Comment

• I think its very revelant that fickell has decided not to continue coaching at o-lie-o and not something that can be just pushed aside as you would like to.

Have to work now.

Comment

• Fickell has made no such decision as far as I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                ........To me, a true test of character lies in taking ownership of your actions, good or bad.

Package the OSU scandal in any manner the Buckeye Nation feels comfortable with, fortunately the NCAA Regulatory Body saw things differently as did most reasonably-minded college football fans as well.
                Word.

I understand talent's position. In consideration of the established facts in this matter, he is correct.

Beyond the fact's, however, lies the implications of osu's collective conduct for better than a year. I'd call it pushing the envelope.

There are parallels to osu's questionable activities here in all walks of life. When it becomes apparent that people are operating on the fringes of what is considered ethical conduct in our society, one expects some price to be paid for that by enforcement entities or by consumers of whatever product or service the offending organization is peddling. Unfortunately, that seldom happens.

People get away with all kinds of shit and I think that is the case here. osu was not held accountable enough and that is probably what most CFB fans feel.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Most CFB fans believe everything that was written by folks about Ohio State. The bulk of those stories -- whether true or not -- are not before the NCAA. Ohio State will get penalties consistent with previous penalties for similar conduct, to wit: (a) GT's penalties for knowingly playing an illegal player; and (b) long line of penalties for FtM charges with no LoIC.

The fact remains that the NCAA isn't considering much of what has been alleged or implied, whether rightly or wrongly or for whatever other reason. And, to be clear, there has been much discussion on this forum about what the NCAA should consider and the validity of the numerous journalistic allegations against OSU. I have zero intent of revisiting those discussions. My singular point is that OSU will likely receive sanctions entirely consistent with what the NCAA is actually considering.

Comment

• Most importantly, whatever the NCAA decides, finality is upon us. The page was more or less turned with the hiring of UFM, but this will close the book on the 2011 shitfest once and for all. Thank god.

Comment

• A poster at Rivals said that "bucknuts" or whatever the Rivals counterpart is, reports that the NCAA sanctions will be 3 years probation, loss of 6 scholarships over 3 years (2 per year) and a " 5-year show cause" letter for Tressel. I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know what a "show cause" letter to Tressel does to OlieO, but it can't be bad if he doesn't work there anymore.

If this is anything like the "sanctions" that are about to come down, then I'd say that Michigan needs to start breaking NCAA rules immediately. This would prove that the risk is worth the reward. OlieO had several BCS berths, including what, 2 appearances in the MNC game, during Tressel's regime? With "punishment" like that, I think its proof positive that the risk of getting caught is worth it.

Now, Brady Hoke won't do that, of course. He is still old school enough to believe that success at Michigan can be accomplished with honesty and integrity. I just hope that stance doesn't put him behind the 8-ball when it comes to his upcoming head to head battles with Meyer and company. I think it will if he loses 2 of his next 3 against Meyer. Lots of people will want Hoke fired if he can't beat Meyer regularly.
                      Last edited by lineygoblue; December 19, 2011, 11:20 AM.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        ..... finality is upon us. The page was more or less turned with the hiring of UFM .....
                        You'd like to think. Not for us 'round these parts. Just more stink to the pile of it that is already smoldering in c-bus and has been for decades occasionally bursting into flames as circumstances dictate.

Heh.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Liney:

That rumor originated on The O-Zone. Can't vouch one way or the other. Frankly, those penalties are entirely consistent with the conduct that the NCAA is sanctioning.

I have to be honest -- if those are the sanctions -- or something close -- I'm going to revel in the outrage and hysteria (a small sample of which is in your own post).

Anyway, best of luck to Coach Hoke and the honorable M program as they do battle with the utmost integrity against horrible cheaters of UFM. I like that meme a lot because it's a giant step toward concession of defeat/failure. All excuses are.

You'd like to think. Not for us 'round these parts. Just more stink to the pile of it that is already smoldering in c-bus and has been for decades occasionally bursting into flames as circumstances dictate.
                          Heh. Indeed. It's been a very trying few weeks with Coach Meyer at the helm. God only knows how awful it's going to get.

Comment

• if he loses 2 of his next 3 against Meyer. Lots of people will want Hoke fired if he can't beat Meyer regularly
                            Also--I can't imagine this is true in the least -- especially with 2 of the next 3 regular season games being in Columbus.

Comment

• Speculating over internet rumor accomplishes very little, I for one will wait to hear from the Infractions Committee but don't hold your breath, the crap that the NCAA allowed Cam Newton, his father and Auburn to get away with was just atrocious.

OSU will get stung but to many not severely enough, I say Tressel exposed, fired and humiliated will never be eclipsed by any future sanctions. Take solace in the fact that OSU will again be embroiled in yet another scandal, it's in their DNA, can't wait.
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 19, 2011, 12:56 PM.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• As far as I know it was admitted that cam newtons dad was paid 200k for newton to go to auburn and the NCAA said there was no problem.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by OSU getting nothing.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X