Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mullen's is especially risky. He's the SEC version of Pat Fitzgerald. He gets tons of credit when he beats 7 or 8 cream puffs in one season. Is that elite coaching? I don't know.

Comment

• STFU
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fitzgerald is a good coach, the comparison to Mullen seems valid. It is a monster step to go from a program that is happy to get a 10 win season to a program that finds 10 wins to be a failure.

Butch Jones was really thought to be a great coach and he just didn't do anything at Tennessee. I always say the best thing to ever happen to Saban was when he was spurned by his coaches when he left East Lansing, it forced him to hire a totally new staff that had toes to the south. I'mI'm not sure it works if everybody boards the plane with him.

Comment

• Mullen has carried MissState to 8-straight bowl games (every year but his very first). For a team like MissState, playing in the SEC-W, it's pretty remarkable.

I can't tell you how horrible Starkville is and how ugly the MissState campus is. Hell, their dining hall looks just like the Double Deuce Bar in Patrick Swayze's masterpiece, "Road House". Their weight room is like a prison yard. Where instead of actual iron plates, someone has poured concrete in milk jugs and they use them in place of kettle bells. The sun never shines, the roads aren't paved, and the closest they have to an arts district is Cooter telling tales down in front of the BP station off Highway 14.

It is a horrible, dank shithole and it amazes me he has had the success he's had.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I am all for him leaving to any team outside the SEC - coaching Florida? I hope not.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Wuss.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Having read Alabam"Alum" describe Starkvegas, I am now more convinced than ever that UAT and Miss State are twin schools in twin cities in twin states located mere miles apart.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Vicious...but fair...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The University of Alabama has a gorgeous campus perfectly situated near the Black Warrior River. Close-by parks, lakes, hunting clubs, golf courses, and a couple of surrounding towns that combine populations to reach 100,000 citizens. These towns provide ample shopping and nightlife. Located close to an interstate, you have New Orleans, the beaches, and Atlanta all at about a 4-hour drive. Birmingham is only about 45-minutes away if you must.

Starkville is just horrible. And even Starkville knows it.

Comment

• UAB > UAT
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Mullen has carried MissState to 8-straight bowl games (every year but his very first). For a team like MissState, playing in the SEC-W, it's pretty remarkable.
                        I think that is a bit of a useless stat. All you have to do is win 6 games to bowl eligible.

That is 4 non conference cupcakes and two conference wins. That is really not much of a feat. Almost every power five team is bowl eligible when the schedule comes out.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If you are telling me their dining hall is like the Double Deuce after Dalton takes over, that is a point in the plus column for Mississippi State.

Comment

• Far less meaningful than it used to but relevant for MSU.

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Chip Kelly to Florida is the wish for fans there and is a trendy pick. Kelly must go somewhere because ESPN analysts like him don?t last over a year.

Apparently, Tennessee people really are into the Gruden idea... as in it would ever happen.

Tennessee Vols Football - Official Jon Gruden Thread 33
                                http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...l#post14538821

I'm I the only one who thinks Chip Kelly won't be as successful the second time around...?
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X