Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest paid assistant coaches in the country. The Big Ten is way behind

Ever wondered who the highest paid assistant coach in college football is? Find out today with USA TODAY's complete salary data.

Wisconsin's top guy is #77

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      So the last two coaches who faced Meyer have been fired or fled the scene. This does not bode well for the Nick.
      You got that right. He better get ahold of his agent and lock down some "insurance" money right away ....
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Paul Chryst to Wisconsin

Comment

• That was entirely predictable. I still think Bo would have really livened things up on dour Great Plains.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Didn't Chryst do a stint as Wisky's OC before heading to Pitt?

Yep, entirely predictable. I'll bet Alvarez had that one wrapped up within hours of Anderson letting him know he was headed to Oregon State.

Scratch Chryst off Hackett's list of potential candidates ..... although I would see him as plan C, maybe D.

But good hire for the Badgers. I too would have loved to see Bo go there if not for the pure entertainment value. Right now, though, he's damaged goods. Hide out with ESPN for a year or two, Bo. Something will turn up.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He was OC under Bert from 2005-11. He parlayed Wisky's juggernaut Russell Wilson offense into the Pitt HC job. He's been a .500 coach at Pitt, but the sense around that program is that they have the pieces in place to be pretty good in the ACC. He has a wrecking ball RB in James Conner who, I think, was ACC Offensive POTY. Think John Clay.

He's an ideal fit for Wisky. He knows and embraces the system and Wisky is definitely a destination job for him (played there).

IMO, more than half of Wisky fans -- possibly way more than half -- would trade Anderson for Chryst.

Comment

• Just occurred to me that a potentially devastating by-product of this Wisky nonsense is that Pitt will look really hard at Tom Herman. F me. Fortunately, I think Pitt is built to be more of a Wisky team than a spread team, but the have a Carlos Hyde-type back.

Now I'm concerned.

Comment

• Bo is new coach at Youngstown State

Comment

• ESPN's "All-Freshmen" team: http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...-freshman-team

Of note, Ohio State leads the way with 6 players on the team. Youth, inexperience, etc.

Now, the list includes redshirt freshmen, so that gets JTB, Jalin Marshall, Eli Apple and Billy Price on the team. Ezekiel Elliot, Vonn Bell and Joey Bosa are in that class, too, but didn't redshirt so, alas, they're true sophomores.

Comment

• Illinois got robbed on that no call holding that led to a pick 6. Clear as day. Illinois player was dragging the defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yeah that was a really bad no-call. Illinois has been shooting themselves in the foot all game though. They've outgained LT nearly 2-to-1 but turnovers, two missed field goals, a missed extra point, a failed two-point conversion...

Comment

• Almost missed FG #3 but got a lucky bounce off the goalpost. Still down 21-18

Comment

• Recover a fumble, return it 20 yards, and then fumble it right back.

Comment

• Two plays later, give up a 70-yard bomb

Comment

• DE's in coverage usually doesn't work out for the D if the QB sees it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X