Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Reading all the Harvey Weinstein stuff is something. Yeah, what he did was horrible, but that's not what gets me. What gets me is that we have become a nation that demands when something bad is done, that we line up and publicly denounce the evil-doer. And if we do not, we are tacitly condoning the behavior. Actors are calling out other actors for not taking Weinstein to task - even if they didn't know of his actions, they must excoriate him or surely they are in accord with him.

It's like the "Game of Thrones" where the Sparrows frog march a naked Cersei through a crowd shouting "SHAME! SHAME!" and throw shit at her. And if you aren't one of the ones shouting and throwing, you must condone her heresy.

Agree. All about piling on the fastest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      The gay Seattle coffee-shop owner who kicked out a bunch of reportedly well-behaved Christian conservatives was also a pretty bad one.

There are no adults anymore.

Agree. And these people are raising kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I know. They shouldn't allow Christian conservatives to spread like that
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

The gay Seattle coffee-shop owner who kicked out a bunch of reportedly well-behaved Christian conservatives was also a pretty bad one.

There are no adults anymore.
          I've been out of the loop for a couple of days and hadn't seen this. From local reporting it appears this "well-behaved Christian conservatives" were handing out flyers with pictures of "aborted fetuses." I don't know that they were really blameless, and should have been kicked out.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• We've got a Weinstein in the white house and on the supreme court, and we're supposed to be in an uproar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
              "Hollywood Leftists"...Good Lord. I thought even North Platte had made it out of the 00s by now.

#flipphones&Creed

Still sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
              Yer right Hack...Hollywood Leftists is redundant. A thousand pardons.

asshat
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Geezer,

I'm not sure you understood what I was saying. I am not saying a strong reaction is wrong or bad. I am saying setting the standard that if you do not condemn, it means you condone is wrong and silly.

Anyway...

So, now that the Hollywood elite have universally condemned Harvey, they are culturally similar to the rest of the populous?
                They went from "circle the wagons" to "CYA" mode very quick...lol...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  I've been out of the loop for a couple of days and hadn't seen this. From local reporting it appears this "well-behaved Christian conservatives" were handing out flyers with pictures of "aborted fetuses." I don't know that they were really blameless, and should have been kicked out.
                  I just googled it. Hilarious. According to the right wing drivel, those poor Christiians were just looking for a place to relax when they were accosted by the evil gay baby killer. Ha!

What a bunch of dumbasses.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trump says the stock market rally after his election is 'virtually unprecedented'. It's the 7th best (by %) alltime

Comment

• Your idiocy is virtually unprecedented.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm not sure you understood what I was saying. I am not saying a strong reaction is wrong or bad. I am saying setting the standard that if you do not condemn, it means you condone is wrong and silly.

Anyway...

So, now that the Hollywood elite have universally condemned Harvey, they are culturally similar to the rest of the populous?
                        I understand your point that not condemning Weinstein's behavior is being viewed by some as condoning that behavior. I neither said nor implied that silence is somehow an improper reaction to the whole sordid matter.

What I said was, "IMO, the cultural differences that Hollywood has with the rest of the US are so extreme, that the current reaction to Weinstein is justified. Weinstein is simply a symbol of the radically anti-Christian, fabulously wealthy left that funds the Democrat Party". So, of course, they are not similar to working-class America, because what they say about Harvey is not related to the fact that they are viciously anti-Christian, and anti-family.

Times have changed since Roman Polanski fled to Europe. Acceptance of the "casting couch" has diminished over the years. And there are now ways to communicate through social media that the 13-year-old or her parents might not have had around 2002. Let's remember though that NBC spiked the story that appeared in the New Yorker. The video I posted simply shows a clutch of people who are closing ranks in support of a child rapist.

Comment

• Oops. I read a spun story about the Seattle coffee shop, then. Doesn't justify the reaction perhaps, but, to be clear, there are no adults.

Comment

• Yer no adult.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I want to visit Lagos again.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Oops. I read a spun story about the Seattle coffee shop, then. Doesn't justify the reaction perhaps, but, to be clear, there are no adults.
                                Correct. I'll never understand why people can't just get on with thier business without being assholes to other people.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X