No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's safe to say that most teams hate the Red Wings, and feel a certain amount of rivalry with them. Let's face it, the Red Wings are like the New York Yankees of hockey in that they are hated by every other city.

I live in San Francisco and Sharks fans absolutely despise the Red Wings more than any other team. Granted I hate the sharks more than any other team as well.

But hating a team won't make a difference in the front office when it comes to trades outside of the conference so long as it makes your team better.
    I don't think Anaheim gives a shit about trading to the Wings so long as the Wings are the ones who make the best offer.

Comment

• The Wild????

Comment

• Oh my god. That's sick.

Can't believe they lost out on Suter...... crazy

Wings are gonna have a rough season with two gaping holes on the defense. Yikes.

Comment

• It's being reported here that both Parise and Suter have agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild. I thought for sure we would get Suter.

I don't even know what to think. I'm sure Holland has a contingency plan but Suter would have gone a long way toward filling the hole left by Lidstrom. I wonder if they stay relatively quiet in free agency now and try to land someone at the trade deadline or next year's offseason.

Comment

• Plan B.....

Hold on for a rough season... save some cap space.
            And make a run at Shea Weber next year.

Now that Suter is gone, Weber may not want to sign an extension with Nashville.

Comment

• Suter and Parise are good friends and wanted to play together. Too bad about Suter...Parise was never coming to Detroit. Personally I consider that good news. In my opinion Parise is overrated. Certainly not worth nearly one hundred million over 13 years. We still have lots of cap room and before all is said and done Holland will swing a some sweet deals.

Comment

• Wow!!! If anything happens with the collective bargaining next season Minny could be fucked. I seriously thought we'd get them both. Thats crazy. Ericsson and Smith. Better step up this year.

I hope we don't overspend to get Carle. Really wish we'd have landed Souray
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• We will be fine as long as he doesn't over-react and overpay for Carle who is just a glorified Quincey. By "we will be fine" I mean we will be lucky to make the playoffs unless Kronwall, Big E, Quincey, Smith, and J-Ho step up in big ways.

Minnesota has like 48 million locked up on forwards, their best D-man before getting Suter was Gilbert...even with Parise and Suter they are not Stanley Cup Contenders, if they have an injury the team will be scrambling to make the playoffs.

Still hoping for Semin and Doan, + a trade for Bouwmester, Yandle, or one of the other rumored to be available D-men.
                  2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Not concerned.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Yeah, there are a lot of people who are freaking out asking for Hollands head over on the wings forum but that would be the worst mistake to make...Holland is a top-5 gm in the league and would be hired again before he had time to clean out his office.
                      2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Holland has looked like quite the gutless coward since the last trade deadline.

I'm sure there are plenty of legit reasons, but it sure LOOKS like he's scared to make a move lately.

Comment

• No, I think he has a plan and an amount and he doesn't sway from it.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            No, I think he has a plan and an amount and he doesn't sway from it.
                            Well, that plan and amount is going to result a very mediocre defense and a very stagnant offense that will get bounced in the first round with ease.

You acknowledged the team was "going the wrong way", Holland. Time to actually... ya know... DO something about it. There comes a point where you should see the window closing fast and say, "Fuck this plan. Let's go balls out." The lean rebuilding years ARE inevitable, no matter what. Time to empty the clip.
                            Last edited by chemiclord; July 4, 2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Holland has looked like quite the gutless coward since the last trade deadline.
                              And you look as confidant and stable as a chihuahua trying to shit out a peach pit if you think anyone's going to buy that line of crap you're trying to sell. If any GM in this town's last 40 years has earned a pass on his actions it has to be Ken Holland. He hasn't made public if he thinks the crop of FA are over valued or what his operating budget is. He has the right to keep those cards a little close to his vest. He made a good play for Suter and missed. I have complete confidence in KH that he will do the best thing for the Wings as he sees fit and that's damn OK with me.
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                                And you look as confidant and stable as a chihuahua trying to shit out a peach pit if you think anyone's going to buy that line of crap you're trying to sell. If any GM in this town's last 40 years has earned a pass on his actions it has to be Ken Holland. He hasn't made public if he thinks the crop of FA are over valued or what his operating budget is. He has the right to keep those cards a little close to his vest. He made a good play for Suter and missed. I have complete confidence in KH that he will do the best thing for the Wings as he sees fit and that's damn OK with me.
                                On the contrary, I'm definitely giving him the benefit of the doubt. Which is why I said he LOOKS like he's afraid to make a move. I'll bet teams were asking for the fucking moon during the trade deadline. And Parise and Suter were determined to play together.

I'm on board with that. But the Wings are reaching the point where standing pat does them no good. The rebuild is coming, no matter what plan Holland has. At some point, you don't worry about 5-10 years from now, and worry about what is in front of you.

If Holland thinks this team has one or two more solid Cup runs in them (which he claims they do), then ya know what? Next time a GM asks for the moon on a trade, DO IT. Make some moves, even if your normal plan would suggest they aren't fair. Take your shot now if you think its there.

Comment

Working...
                                X