Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
    "To get to the Conference Finals as many times as they have and not bring home hardware??? Naaaaa, that is not disappointing, a fan should be happy that they are losers."

Nah 1 playoff win in 50+ years...Now thats a loser.......I think the Pistons are lucky to be in the East...If they were in the West I dont think they reach the conference finals 6 straight years......In fact if they made it 3 of the 6 in that conference it would be pretty good......
    conf finals is a far cry from not even making the playoff especially in B-ball. Besides they still have won it all what 4 5 times in my lifetime. I've seen the tigers do it twice and wings numorous times. Do the pistons/wings/tigers disappoint me heck no I'm proud of what they have done. How thrilled would you be if the lions made the conf finals 6 in a row? Maybe your standards a just a tad high?
    I'm not to blame.

I voted for the other guy!

Nov. 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
      Couldn't agree more Mark. The Wings, like true champions, played through it. The Pistons layed an egg and do not resemble a championship team at all. True champions keep the pedal to the floor and don't play this on again off agasin bullshit and then excuse it away by saying we play better when our backs are against the wall.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
      I think the malaise comes from already winning a Championship. The guy playing the hardest, game in an out, is Antonio McDyess. His finger is missing a ring. The rest are just posers that need the risk of elimination to play their best. They are no longer hungry.

Comment

• You're fucking kidding. I'll bet you couldn't walk on Billups' leg, much less play basketball.
        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• If I could borrow Billups leg, I could play basketball better than I do now. A half of Billups leg is better than mine.

Athletes play hurt all the time. This team thinks they can turn it up a notch and be ok. They need to play in full gear for every game.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
            Using that argument, the Lions are highly successful. They've only lost a conference championship game once in 50 years!
            I don't see how you can say that. My argument is based on effort given. While I see improvement, too often the Lions effort disappoints me also.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The Wings' early playoff departures have been disappointing through the years, but I've never seen them go through the motions the way the Pistons have so often. It's been "Which Pistons team will show up tonight" for several years now.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• You got it Rocky.

If the Pistons had that champions drive they'd have more than one championship right now.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• the Mule is cleared to play game 2
                  If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Lets hope the game is called fair tonight?? Pittsburgh had 4 powerplays in a row in the first period of game 1. One of them was the interference call on Homer.

The officials keep trying to screw the Wings, its great to see the shorthand goals! Cleary scored shorthanded on a very lame interference call on Nick Lindstrom. The Ted Lindsay interview was - classic - when he called the referee an idiot whose trying to give the series to the Penguins with Gordie Howe right next to him Saturday.
                    I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• Stuart gets the scoring started. Holmstrom makes it 2-0.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Chelios, get well soon! Lilja sucks so bad.
                        ------------

Comment

• Still 2-0 after two complete. VS. pondering ways they can help get Pens on the board.
                          ------------

Comment

• Sweet goal by Filppula with defender draped all over him. Ref had his arm up to call a penalty but brought it down to point out the goal.
                            Last edited by Drew; May 26, 2008, 09:25 PM.
                            ------------

Comment

• Pens gooning it up a little. A couple of punches to Franzen's head and some after-action stuff on Z-man.
                              ------------

Comment

• And now a shot at Ozzie.

All out fight. Datsyuk throws a punch.
                                ------------

Comment

Working...
                                X