Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^
    NEWB
    Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• I started to believe during the first quarter.

Then I started watching a team that could not stop a watch with no battery. Then came a play of 3-19 that San Diego converted and I turned the game off.

Still don't believe.

Just think, If this were Millens first year and the Lions played like they did in the first quarter of the first game, everyone on the roster would have a lifetime job.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I went to bed at half time firmly confident that Detroit would lose this game.

Comment

• I didn't get upset at any point. Just calmly watched the collapse. I'll eventually die still a diehard fan, having lived a lifetime watching one Lions playoff victory.

Comment

• I wish I had the Delorean so I could go back and tell my college-age self how special that one victory was. Savor it. I remember the day vividly, I never thought it would be the only playoff victory I would see.

I also remember the next week vividly. I got off work early to catch the end of the Broncos/Bills game. A Lion/Bronco Super Bowl was my dream. I liked the Elway-led Broncos. We had our dorm room arranged for maximum seating to watch the Lion game. Nothing but a disappointment. That was the high-water mark for the Lions in the Super Bowl era, but back then we thought it was the beginning. I'm sure the rebels couldn't have imagined after the first day of Gettysburg that 2 days later Pickett's charge would signify the high-water mark of the confederacy.

Comment

• Then the thumping at the hands of the Skins the following week...ugh. The playoff disappointment I remember most was the year they lost to Philly. I was doing something else, don't recall what, and asked someone the score. They said it's 31-7 (something like that) at the half. I was like, "cool, Lions are kicking their arses". He said, no, Philly is leading. Didn't bother watching the rest.

Comment

• going to half time I allowed myself to feel hope just like the playoff game. when will I ever learn

Comment

• "I'm sure the rebels couldn't have imagined after the first day of Gettysburg that 2 days later Pickett's charge would signify the high-water mark of the confederacy."
                  ------------------------------------------------I consider that the low water mark. Lee fucked up in his arrogance and Longstreet complied. Why do you consider that the high water point? Longstreet didn't want to do it but he deferred to his commander Lee. That's not a high water point.

Further more, Gettysburg is considered the turning point of the war. When Meade defeated Lee at Gettysburg, The war, and confidence of soldiers, changed
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I think what he means by "high water mark" is the point where it was only downhill from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      I started to believe during the first quarter.

Then I started watching a team that could not stop a watch with no battery. Then came a play of 3-19 that San Diego converted and I turned the game off.

Still don't believe.

Just think, If this were Millens first year and the Lions played like they did in the first quarter of the first game, everyone on the roster would have a lifetime job.
                      Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                      I went to bed at half time firmly confident that Detroit would lose this game.
                      Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                      I didn't get upset at any point. Just calmly watched the collapse. I'll eventually die still a diehard fan, having lived a lifetime watching one Lions playoff victory.
                      Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I wish I had the Delorean so I could go back and tell my college-age self how special that one victory was. Savor it. I remember the day vividly, I never thought it would be the only playoff victory I would see.

I also remember the next week vividly. I got off work early to catch the end of the Broncos/Bills game. A Lion/Bronco Super Bowl was my dream. I liked the Elway-led Broncos. We had our dorm room arranged for maximum seating to watch the Lion game. Nothing but a disappointment. That was the high-water mark for the Lions in the Super Bowl era, but back then we thought it was the beginning. I'm sure the rebels couldn't have imagined after the first day of Gettysburg that 2 days later Pickett's charge would signify the high-water mark of the confederacy.
                      Originally posted by Lem B View Post
                      Then the thumping at the hands of the Skins the following week...ugh. The playoff disappointment I remember most was the year they lost to Philly. I was doing something else, don't recall what, and asked someone the score. They said it's 31-7 (something like that) at the half. I was like, "cool, Lions are kicking their arses". He said, no, Philly is leading. Didn't bother watching the rest.
                      Originally posted by mjsmithz View Post
                      going to half time I allowed myself to feel hope just like the playoff game. when will I ever learn
                      Sounds like group therapy. I just sat there, unable to look away.

Comment

• Yep
                        Attached Files
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• 3rd quarter. HA!

Comment

• That entire picture could have been Deuce, if you replace the "after the game" portion with a dude crying bitterly like a five-year-old told "No" at the toy store and the caption, "INNER PAIN."

Comment

• I fight my apathy to feel like I did during the Millen torturous reign.

I am willing to be patient to see what the defense will be like after like 6 games, maybe with Levy and crew together.

I still think Stafford has the tools to be very good. What I question at this time is still his leadership. He is still young and may just need more time to grow into it.

When I say leadership I'm not just talking on the field.

If he wants to be great he will need to not be a follower to bad coaching, he needs to speak up and say that things are not working. He needs to hold the organization accountable just as the players.

Great players do this, some don't.

Jordan did it with the bulls, Barry didn't with the Lions.

I respect Barry as a player but if an organization is not going to do what it takes to win then I don't have a problem when they leave, as long it's to another organization that has a reputation as winners.

Comment

• It's not the players' job to kick the coaches in the rear. Jordan didn't need to do that shit... he did it because he's an asshole.

Comment

Working...
                                X