No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *With three games left in a season going nowhere, the Cowboys have little to lose in finding out whether Moore can actually play in the NFL.
    Naw. They are supposed to be trying to win now!
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Cowboys give Kellen Moore some first team reps in practice

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 18, 2015, 9:09 AM EST
      APThe Cowboys are sticking with Matt Cassel — for now. But they’re at least thinking about a change.
      According to Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star Telegram, they’ve given some first team reps in practice this week to backup Kellen Moore, who has never thrown a pass in an NFL game.
      Coach Jason Garrett described the amount as “a couple,” but said most of his work remains with the scout team.
      Moore is kind of a pet project of offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, from their two years together in Detroit. The former Boise State quarterback is in his fourth year, but hasn’t played yet.
      “There’s no bigger believer in Kellen Moore than myself,” Linehan said. “There’s probably a few guys back in Boise and some guys back in Detroit, but I believe in him. But in the same breath, I think our rallying cry is that it’s not just the quarterback position even though the quarterback position has to play better. We made the decision this week that we’ve all got to do better for the quarterback position. If we do that we’ll be able to get this thing turned around and move forward. But we’ve got all the confidence in those guys, whoever we have in the game, to do the job.”
      Of course, they could also make a change at some point because Cassel has been kind of bad, and it won’t matter much longer, as they have just the slimmest mathematical chance of making the playoffs. But it seems as long as that chance exists, they’re going to ride with the veteran.
      The Cowboys also have some pragmatic concerns, as Cassel has incentives built into his contract which could pay him more for certain levels of participation. So if they’re eliminated, giving Moore some looks can be an experiment for the future, and create savings in the present as well.
      Last edited by Futureshock; December 18, 2015, 10:18 AM.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I guess loose change told ya'll.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
        "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
        Colin Powell

Comment

• I'd actually like to see Kellen get a chance.....Not the greatest arm we know, but he seemed to read defenses pretty well and get rid of the ball quick.

Comment

• Yea, I always thought he might be a Sean Hill type QB, I was disappointed when he didn't wi. The backup job.

"Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
            Colin Powell

Comment

• Friggin Corey Redding pics up a fumble against GB and takes it back for a touchdown. I guess the hot tubs in AZ are about the same temp as the air and he figures he may as well dress to warm up.

Comment

• LMAO!

Lombardi back to the 'Aints as a QB coach.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet [ame="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/687385718994415616"]52m52 minutes ago[/ame] Lombardi as QB coach RT @MikeTriplett: The #Saints are hiring Dan Campbell, Joe Lombardi and Aaron Glenn to their coaching staff, per source

Edit: I wonder if that is the same Dan Campbell that my rusty memory might think may have played TE for Lions.
                Last edited by Malto Marko; January 13, 2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• I would assume so Mark, he was Miami's interim coach.

Colin Powell

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsNC View Post
                    I would assume so Mark, he was Miami's interim coach.

See what I mean about a rusty memory? Except this one is short term. I completely forgot he was interim HC in Miami.

Comment

• The Browns are interviewing Mayhew for the GM job....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                        The Browns are interviewing Mayhew for the GM job....
                        Awesome!
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Sam Gash got fired from the Packers. I didn't realize he'd been fired from the Patriots (or that he was hired by them...)

Green Bay fired running backs coach Sam Gash and tight ends coach Jerry Fontenot, the team announced Tuesday.

Gash joined the Packers in 2014 after being the Detroit Lions' running back coach.

"I respect the Green Bay organization a lot," Gash said, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I just apologize that I didn't, I guess, get the job done. And that's totally on me. You just live and learn from every situation that you're in. I'm living and I've learned a lot. That's all. I think the organization is great."

Green Bay's ground attack sputtered this season, mainly because Eddie Lacy came into training camp overweight and never recovered. Lacy was put in McCarthy's doghouse and was replaced at the top of the depth chart by James Starks. The Alabama product rushed for just 758 yards after rumbling for 1,139 yards and nine touchdowns a season ago.
                          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                            Sam Gash got fired from the Packers. I didn't realize he'd been fired from the Patriots (or that he was hired by them...)
                            Lacy's potbelly cost him his job, plain and simple.
                            Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ken View Post
                              Lacy's potbelly cost him his job, plain and simple.
                              Lacy is a slob and will eventually eat himself out of the league.

Comment

• Think of all the great RBs Gash developed from 2008-2012 (lol).

Kevin Smith, Mikel Leshoure, Jahvid Best.
                                Yes, maybe injuries didn't help there too.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X