• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Actual headline ...

Gassy Uranus Has Violent Wind

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/UntN_cZUQg8[/ame]
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• and now for something completely different...

[ame]http://youtu.be/Z3PdgFAy4_0[/ame]
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/tUOCVhCmDNY[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
            An Actual headline ...

Gassy Uranus Has Violent Wind
            lol
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              That one is breaking the sound barrier. Somebody told me that when they break the speed of sound there is some kind of vapor break. That is a picture of that moment.

(I'm sure Tony will come with a better explanation in a minute )
              AWESOME. Great picture.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• don't be ridiculous. The sonic boom has been caught on camera before:

Comment

• A photographer friend of mine has this goal to stand at the highest peak of every continent in the world. The other day she crossed Everest off that list. Congrats Gosia!!

SUMMIT!!!!!!!

All climbers who left the South Col late last night have now summited the highest mountain in the world!!!

Michael Grigsby, Adriaan Wessels, Bernardo Gonzalez, Woody Bailey, Scott DeRue, Gosia Borchardt, Martin Grieder, John Lowry, and Raha Moharrak all arrived at the Summit of Mt. Everest by 8:00am May 18th 2013!!! They were led to the top of the world by Alpine Ascents Expedition Leader Garrett Madison and his team of expert guides; Lakpa Rita Sherpa, Ben Jones, and Brien Sheedy. We could not have done it without our amazing Summit Sherpa; Karma Sarke, Ningma Tshering, Mingma Dorjee, Passang Tsheri, Da Nuru, Ang Passang, Lakpa Sona, Passang Tendi, Ang Norbu, Mingma Tensing, and Pemba Tenzing.

All told, Alpine Ascents 2013 Everest Expedition has put 24 members on the Summit today. This makes 26 summits on the season counting our Sherpa on the Summit Fixing team earlier this year, Kami Rita Sherpa and Fura Kancha Sherpa. We have many more Summits to come as our team Arabs With Altitude make there way to the summit over the next few days. We also have a few climbers leaving for the Summit of Lhotse tonight to join just a handful of people whom have made the summit of two 8,000 meter peaks in under 24 hours.

As always I like to thank everyone that has helped us reach the summit. Everest is not climbed by any one individual, we have a huge support team here in Base Camp and around the world that make it possible for our climbers to be where they are now. Most of all we want to give thanks to all the friends and family that have supported us for the last 2 months. You have been with us every step of the way and we could not be here without you. Thank You!!

The team has now started their descent back to the South Col. Let's wish the team a safe trip down the mountain. I will continue to send updates on their progress as our climbers start making their way back home.

Here is a picture looking toward the South Col and Lhotse from the Summit of Everest courtesy of Michael Horst

All climbers who left the South Col late last night have now summited the highest mountain in the world!!! Michael Grigsby, Adriaan ...
                  AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                  2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                  3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                  4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                  5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                  6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                  7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• That's awesome Islair.
                    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• If you get the chance, ask her to describe the Kumbu Icefall. It's between base camp and camp one but many call it the most harrowing part of the climb. 8 am means they made great time on summit day. Congrats to her for making it to the roof of the world!

Comment

• Did any of you see that R&R HOF ceremony on HBO?

You need to watch the jam session finale to Cream's "Crossroads."

I just got to re-watch it on DVR and its just as amazing as it was live.

SHARKBAIT, CO LION and others that play guitar or any of you that like those that play guitar, should enjoy it.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                          Back in '86 I was handed orders for Lakenheath with the condition I extend my enlistment for 6 months. I turned down the orders because I was hating the AF at the time and figured to get out after 4 (in '88 ).

Everyone said I was stupid and they were right! 3 guys who had came to Travis after being at Upper Heyford told me I was making the biggest mistake of my life. Looking back....maybe they were right!
                          Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                          I live 3 miles from Upper Heyford! Went there a number of times when it was operational. Played football with some guys stationed there too, all great guys. We even trained with the Skykings once.
                          My brother was stationed in Upper Heyford.
                          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                            My brother was stationed in Upper Heyford.
                            When was he there? The guys I played with were the from about '84 on. One still comes back, he's due to come this year.
                            AAL Quintez Cephus
                            If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• It was around 1989-1992 or so iirc.
                              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• If you guys love the f18 hornet. you would love to watch the 8 part series jetstream.
                                It shows fighter pilots being trained in cold lake alberta to fly the craft. only one in 40 experienced jet fighter pilots make it. The show has extraodinary footage of the fight maneuvers the plane is capable of. In my estimation jetstream is the best documentary to show the capability if the f18 and the skills pilots must learn to fly it.....In some cases the trainer has to take command when the trainees aren'tup to the task...there's jet fighter flying then there is f-18 flying.......can't find first couple of episodes but you will catch up quickly
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozaPEnU1vss&list=PLB2806B3B974B9F0B"]Jetstream promo - Episode 7 - "Do or Die" - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X