Michigan 33, Florida 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA:

Shaddup and get me a Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Florida, as I said last week, is hot garbage.
      And they will be a contender for the SEC East
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• 17 was accurate reflection of the game, IMO. In the end, M scored 13 directly off TOs and Florida got 14.

20-3 was about the way the game went. Fortunately I didn't back the under and simply backed the easy M cover.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Brown chose to stuff the box and force the Gators QBs to beat us, they couldn't put even one decent drive together.

Comment

• 24-27 would have been more accurate, but wgaf??

Comment

• Felt like we looked like who we are...a talented but young and inexperienced team. Going to be a very interesting year.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Offense is going to need to work on their tackling.

Comment

• I fear it to be true.

Comment

• Very little in our way (Indiana) till Penn State in about week 8.

Comment

• We still need QB

And no I don't like Michigan starting QB

Comment

• Lotta good things to take from that game.

Comment

• My takeaways:

(1) Frey is paying dividends. Isaac had 116y mostly on zone stretch plays or pure off Cole's left hip. Downfield blocking was good. The IZ game will improve. M rushed for 245y against a very good UF D that consistently put 8 in the box. Big upgrade for the run game.

(2) M still has problems closing out an opponent (and dropping my pulse rate). Speight missed a wide open Crawford on an over thrown ball with UF blitzing and the back side barren that would have sealed it with about 6 or 7m left in the fourth. Then, with M just pounding an exhausted UF front, driving the ball and from inside the 10, JH gets fancy and has Speight through two straight in-completions from somewhere around the 6 into the end zone. Next Nordin misses a FG. That botched series is most likely on JH and gave up an almost certain close-out score.

JH's play calls speak to Hack's concerns about risk management as it pertains to what JH appears to be dialing up in given down and distance situations. Run the fucking ball. M had done extremely well doing that on that drive. The Panda or somebody would have scored. Finally, with a chance to possess the ball until the clock ran out, M goes 3 and out giving the ball back to UF for a last gasp. Against better offenses that shit is going to bite M in the ass.

(3) Speight was inconsistent and is the Speight we all think he is. He seems, frustratingly to me anyway, to miss key plays or make mistakes at critical momentum involving junctures of the game. Ridiculously costly and has the potential to send my heart into a life threatening arrhythmia.

He did show great ability to read the field, real accuracy and crisp throws at times and then he'd screw up his reads, miss open receivers to try to put the ball into a tight spot and well, the nation and all of M's opponents saw him give up back two back pic-6's. One INT definitely on him and another where he contributed (hi, fast ball). Speight is probably at his ceiling against good defenses. He'll get us all excited the next 6 games and until @PSU and then he'll implode.

Continuing with the passing game, I really didn't see a whole lot of difference between M's passing game in 2016 and in this game. Thought we'd see a lot more short passes based on UF's LBs and slotty guys getting favorable match-ups or more crossing routes from the Wides ...... at least that's what I thought pep Hamilton was bringing. Maybe later. I'm not sure there was a TE targeted in the first half. Strange as that is a Harbaughffense feature.

(4) Uluzio is going to be serviceable. I thought he played as well as Mags did in 2016. Mags was flat out inconsistent; great for a drive or two then whiff city. The interior OL is setting up to be way better than last season. Cole is solid at LT. UF's front four battled. Good news for the run game that was sorely absent in 2016. Frey, did I mention that?

(5) In Speight's defense, Eubanks, Crawford and Black combined for 145 receiving yards. Going forward, these guys have the potential of making Wilton look pretty good with the long ball.
                          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 3, 2017, 06:59 AM.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Speight isn't the guy to lead this team. We got a bunch of new kids, that are very young. Basically a rebuilding year put in one of the young guns at QB.

Comment

• Speight is going to be your QB until he graduates.

Comment

• He'll be ok, too.

Apparently The He Man Speight Haters Club is an offshoot of the He Man Stafford Haters Club.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X