Football Spring Practice aka Thorn in the SEC Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Spring Practice aka Thorn in the SEC Side

We can run this thread for a few weeks while Michigan is in Spring Practice.

I'll start off with this:

One of the biggest gripes that the SEC/ACC is bellyaching about, is their laughingly fake "concern" for Michigan's football players being "forced" to give up their Spring Break, to practice football.

Well,... The Michigan Softball Team is already playing games that count, winning 2 games Saturday in CALIFORNIA, and split 2 games today. They are currently ranked #2 in the country.

NEXT WEEK... the SAME week that Michigan Football will be in Bradenton Florida holding four (4) 2-hour practices, .. Michigan's SOFTBALL team will play SIX (6) ACTUAL GAMES THAT COUNT, DURING THAT SAME SPRING BREAK. They will play one game at UCLA on Wednesday, then play five additional games in Fullerton California at the Judi Garman Classic. Again, these games COUNT against their regular season record. These aren't scrimmages or practices.

But the NCAA/SEC/ACC has never had a problem with being hypocritical. Its okay for the ladies to play PART OF THEIR REGULAR SEASON DURING SPRING BREAK, but the guys practice football in Florida? Noooooooooo!!!!!

Idiots.

I'll delete this thread after the Spring Game.
    Last edited by lineygoblue; February 28, 2016, 11:18 PM.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

The SEC whiners are going to get their day in court if you can characterize the idiocy that is the NCAA with such a flattering term as court.

In the end the NCAA will probably allow college sports teams to travel but only if they are traveling for the purpose of playing an actual game. I think the exhibition games that college basketball teams play in Europe may qualify as playing actual games.

By that time Harbaugh could care less as he will have made his statement to the SEC and in the process made the SEC literati look like the dumb fucks they are with their, "what about the children" BS. Meanwhile JH will again be on the front page of SI and other such sports rags being represented as a hero in the face of the idiots running the NCAA .... sports journalists love pouring it on and Emmert is such an easy target.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

And by the way ..

The Michigan BASEBALL team has been playing games that count since Feb 19th, and their first four (4) games were NOT in Ann Arbor. They were in Port St. Lucie FLORIDA. Today, they played at Santa Clara, in California. In fact, their last 3 games have been in California.

They will also play five (5) games in California DURING SPRING BREAK. These are regular season games that count against their record, and are not exhibitions or practices.

But, .. of course .. the NCAA isn't worried about them giving up their spring break to play baseball games.

Comment

Oh, I'm sure that the NCAA will cowtow to the SEC/ACC bellyachers, and make a "Harbaugh rule" against having spring practices more than a certain distance from campus, and they may even limit practice time during spring break.

We wouldn't want their widdle feewings hurt for too long over this. Poor babies.

Comment

Tennessee has offered twenty IMG players scholarships in advance of Harbaugh's march to the sea in Florida.

Comment

All of them should commit. Then see what Tennessee does.

Comment

They would probably accept all commits and be very happy.

The story is a nothing burger though.

Comment

What a joke. "Non-binding scholarship offers". I'd like a million bucks for a new mortgage with a 'non-binding' repayment requirement.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Nothing gets the conversation flowing like ``I'll delete this thread in a few weeks''.

Comment

I see no need for the thread once we're past the Spring Game.

Comment

I don't really care either way. Just found it amusing.

Comment

Okay.

Comment

Comment

Classic Harbaugh ........thinking ....... "um, what other stupid questions do you want to ask. Got anything else you want to talk about?"
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I like where he said, "got your headline yet?" :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X