Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Indiana, 11/14, 3:30p EST, ABC - ESPN/ESPN2 Mirror.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's interesting though. There are tons of NFL vacancies to fill this upcoming offseason. You never hear Meyer's name mentioned. Chip Kelly professed he had no interest in the NFL and the next thing you know he's at the Eagles.
    Of course Bucks fans will say it's because there is no better job in the entire athletics universe than O-state football, hence no one would dare approach Urbz.

Comment

I'm not aware of anyone who would say this. Most would say UFM has zero interest in the NFL.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Chip Kelly also had a possible NCAA investigation pending

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I'm not aware of anyone who would say this. Most would say UFM has zero interest in the NFL.
          Shameful really, pretending to be a peer, an equal , when he obviously is not.

"Not right now. Not right now," Meyer said at his press conference Tuesday. "I've got a commitment to Ohio State and these players. I love what I'm doing. Not right now."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-not-right-now
          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

hmm... not right now ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I don't think his ego would let him go to the NFL and lose. He has a great college football record and reputation. Why risk it being be tarnished in the Big Boys league?
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

I don't think the skills necessarily are the same in the two games. A university head coach has to recruit, develop, glad hand with donors and alums, tweet, and get the Xs and Os. NFL head coaches have much different demands.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

So much of the NFL is getting a QB. You can scheme around a QB in college and you aren't married to a QB. In the NFL there is no getting around that and generally the open jobs do not have a QB.

Comment

-11 line for Indy game --- no way we cover, given how IU made the Bucks sweat it out. Hoping we can win a squeaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                      I don't think his ego would let him go to the NFL and lose. He has a great college football record and reputation. Why risk it being be tarnished in the Big Boys league?
                      He walks on water in Columbus, his every whim attended to, and a boatload of money docks every year. Why give up the good life? How much better could it be?
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Can free tattoos be far behind?
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

IU has the ability to make defenses look bad at times, I'm sure they will have a couple big plays to satisfy Hannibal. Jake Rudock needs to play well on the road. 32-26 Michigan

Comment

Lotta UFM discussion for an M-Hoosier game thread, but it's understandable.

If the game plays out in the fat part of the bell curve, M wins by 17. Some quirky shit could happen that could turn this into a game, but that's far less likely.

Against bad, bad Ohio State offense, Indiana loaded the box and played press man and dared OSU to beat them deep. That more or less worked until Elliot was able to break one huge run after another.

Ohio State was -3 in turnovers, settled for two 20-something FGs, dropped a stone cold interception (Tyvis Powell...making a habit of it) that gave IU a FG and then Powell took the single worst angle on a QB run of the season allowing Zander Diamont to run for 79 yards.

If M self-destructs like that then you'll find yourself in a game. I just don't see it. But against OSU, IU couldn't pass -- Sudfeld was poop before he got hurt -- and they couldn't run with their RB -- Howard and Redding: 44 carries for 79 yards. Zander Diamont could run. And OSU's offense was so fucking terrible -- in addition to the turnovers and red zone shitstorm, they had a staggering SIX three and outs. SIX. Against IU.

So, umm, no....M wins by 17.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              .......So, umm, no....M wins by 17.
                              Here's the problem with your prediction, v. mine (M by 6).

The unpredictable.

M has played very well against weak opponents. In games v. OrSU, UNLV, Maryland and Rutgers, score differential is 140/20.

In this analysis I'll throw out the Northwestern and BYU wins because they are outliers.

v. Utah, MSU and Minny the score differential was 66/80 .

The Utah loss turned on Jake Rudock's 3 INTs and a fumble giving Utah short fields in three instances and a game sealing pick-six in another. I think it is safe to say based on Rudock's performance in the turnover department since that game, that's not going to get repeated.

The other two games are instructive with regard to the huge impact the unpredictable has on outcomes. In the case of MSU, there is that. In the case of Minnesota, one of the flukiest CFB games I've watched and one of the most unlikely of wins for M.

The game is on the road. All games on the road are hard to win. So, I'm predicting the unpredictable will happen to M despite a predictable solid performance by Rudock, the D and STs.

It's going to be much closer than you or the experts setting the line are predicting because of the unpredictable.
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Can't say that IU won't present challenges, but these are the sort of games where good coaches optimize their assets to min minimize those challenges. That's really what Harbaugh2015 is all about. Plus, the Hoosiers are still 0-5 in conference, so it's not rocket science to find a way to beat them. Trust Harbaugh in this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X