Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Philando Castile:

The Minnesota Sheriff's Department confirms that they did NOT issue a CCW (Concealed Carry Weapons Permit) to Philando Castile.

From the video surveillance tape of the armed robbery on July 2nd which Castile is a BOLO suspect, the perpetrator removed cash from the register as well as cartons of Newport Cigarettes during the robbery.

Diamond “Aka Lavish” Reynolds, feigning more outrage to media brandishing Newports, 4 days later.
    Her Facebook video that went viral is confusing, it was actually shot in "Mirror Image", Diamond is the passenger and Castile is actually driving the car.

Castile had 52 moving violation and nearly 7K in fines, the pistol is actually on his lap when police approach the car.

Diamond “Aka Lavish” Reynolds made many false statements during her facebook video, she is a uuwed mother, she dated many men in the neighborhood, witnesses have said she was not romantically linked to Castile. However, she describes him as her "rider" in a July 4th in another self-promoting video where is smoking marijuana with Castile while her daughter is in the backseat. Wonderful role model.

[youtube]MSblGwbMxJc[/youtube]

As more of the facts come out, it seems like just another "Bonnie & Clyde" romance gone bad.
    Last edited by Prime2; July 10, 2016, 08:18 AM.
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• An article published shortly after Philando Castile was killed by police officers in Minnesota falsely reported that he was a suspect in an armed robbery case.

It's hard to believe that a right wing website got it wrong, but.......
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I would like to see african-american police officers in african-american areas. I would expect the number of police shootings to remain the same, effectively debunking the race baiters that this is a racial issue. This country, currently white majority, has (re)elected an african-american as POTUS. Dallas has an a-a police chief presiding over an a-a majority police force. Yet when some lunatic kills 5 police officers, its whitey's fault.

I believe it to be more of a police issue. I have known 3 police officiers that have progressed through their careers (yeah, I'm that old). One of them, a neighbor that I went to high school with, retired after 30 years. He's was a good guy before and remains a good guy today. The other two are a different story. Both started out as good, well intentioned guys when they joined the force. Being exposed to the dark and seedy side of society on a daily basis has changed them into arrogant, belligerent, horrible people. I have not associated with them for about 6-7 years now. Its the exposure to the unrelenting dark side that has changed them. I fully expect these two to either kill someone or be killed themselves. Its that exposure coupled with inherent life/death power that is at the foundation of the problems we see.

If we were more color conscious as I suggest, then the piercing screams of segregation will immediately be sounded. But I'd like to see that for a few years. When (as I would expect) there is no decline in police shootings, then the real problem is exposed and its not racism. The root could then be addressed.

I'm not claiming racism doesn't exist. That would be stupid. I'm just sick and tired of people (any race) who have been raised by bigots to be bigots playing victim with the hot button issue of race.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Thanks for that post, SLF .......

"......so narrative gonna narrate." And thanks for your post, talent.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
            ...... But I'd like to see that for a few years. When (as I would expect) there is no decline in police shootings, then the real problem is exposed and its not racism. The root could then be addressed.
            So, Jon, then you'd come down on the side of those policed and give less credibility or support to those that are doing the policing. Sincerely interested in your views, Jon, which I respect.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I find it incredibly dangerous when the sitting Governor of Minnesota, Dayton throws his law enforcement under the bus just hours after the shooting. When a complete and thorough investigation is finished we will know the facts.

Stark contrast between the Before, During and After videos of "Actress" Diamond Reynolds.

Hopefully, Social Services rescues her daughter immediately.

[youtube]dvL-sxrNmYw[/youtube]

[youtube]MSblGwbMxJc[/youtube]

Comment

• "It's hard to believe that a right wing website got it wrong, but......."

It's hard to believe that a right wing fanatic like OP got it wrong, but.... on second thought no it isn't.

Comment

• I have issues with both sides. Its been my experience you can find more (higher % of individuals) prejudice in minority societies than you do in white society. But thats a complex issue. Priviledged people do not see problems that they are not exposed to on a daily basis. Racism is learned, its not inherent. You have a generation that has been shit on all their life and become embittered, what do you expect to be taught to their children? Same for white society, if you look at white bigots. They have perceived issues, become embittered and find excuses to blame other groups for their problems. They teach that hate to their children. The cycle continues.

So on the 'policed' group, we have smoldering issues (real, taught, or imagined) that are just waiting for a spark. This gives rise to groups/organizations that have good intentions but are highly counterproductive.

As far as the police are concerned, I have no issue with shooting some one who threatens the lives and safety of others, including themselves. But I also have issues with the culture bubble police contain themselves within. You and I are ex-military, we understand the band of brothers mentality. Its been my observation that police also have the BoB menality, but toss in a god complex. Cynicism can easily reach a lethal level, and blind peer support is rampant. How do we keep good men and women from becoming dark, cynical, and oppressive due to the environment we (the public) demand that they immerse themselves in?

I look at one of my best friends. He's 76 years old (I've known him for 25 years). He was raised in Alabama and Mississippi as a child and has regaled me with stories of his youth. Watching white policemen beat homeless blacks at the bus station. Segregated restrooms that were little more than more than a bucket in a shed. Being spit on for no reason. This man is one of my heroes. He remains to this day one of the kindest most compassionate people I know. His mother guided him away from what could have been a life that have been jaded by race. Credit the strong woman in his young life. I trusted my children in his care to give you an idea of how much I trust and respect the man. He credits his personality to a strong family upbringing.

A big part of the root problem is the broken family. Single parent families with unsupervised children is fertile ground for societal problems. A few cynical bad police officers destroys the trust and support all the rest deserve. The collapse of friendly, supportive neighborhoods does nothing to stem hate and discouragement. Economic disparity flames the passion.

My suggestion to color the police to those who they police would force people to look at the actual problems that cause our society's issues. This realization is there, but it doesn't serve those with an agenda. Has Black Lives Matter taken to the streets to protest a black officer shooting a non-black evil doer? Of course not. Doesn't fit the wheelhouse.

People AND police need to be part of the solution, not the problem.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I believe it to be more of a police issue. I have known 3 police officiers that have progressed through their careers (yeah, I'm that old). One of them, a neighbor that I went to high school with, retired after 30 years. He's was a good guy before and remains a good guy today. The other two are a different story. Both started out as good, well intentioned guys when they joined the force. Being exposed to the dark and seedy side of society on a daily basis has changed them into arrogant, belligerent, horrible people. I have not associated with them for about 6-7 years now. Its the exposure to the unrelenting dark side that has changed them. I fully expect these two to either kill someone or be killed themselves. Its that exposure coupled with inherent life/death power that is at the foundation of the problems we see.

You have a generation that has been shit on all their life and become embittered, what do you expect to be taught to their children? Same for white society, if you look at white bigots. They have perceived issues, become embittered and find excuses to blame other groups for their problems. They teach that hate to their children. The cycle continues.

Wow. Everyone shut up and listen to Jon. He's got this.

Comment

• Agreed. I have little doubt that the vast majority of people and police officers do not harbor a conscious bias against persons of color, but that does not end the analysis.

It has been well documented that there is an unconscious and implicit bias that people hold against others, including that african americans are more dangerous/thuggish. This is a proven and well studied phenomenon, and to stop the analysis before considering this bias is faulty.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                        "It's hard to believe that a right wing website got it wrong, but......."

It's hard to believe that a right wing fanatic like OP got it wrong, but.... on second thought no it isn't.
                        That's OK Stan, I am glad you focus your ire on me and not the 1000's of men and women in blue sworn to protect your hide. I didn't post anything is not currently being bantered about by the media.

Law Enforcement is all that remains between you and the lawless abyss, where countless animals that would love nothing more than to butcher you where you stand.

Absolutely last BTW, am I more IdI Amin or Adolf Hitler?

Last edited by Prime2; July 10, 2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• You're more David Duke

Comment

• [youtube]B34DmsMxUlA[/youtube]

Comment

• Heh.

Comment

• OP thought you were the guy who was so sure that if someone in Orlando was armed they could take the killer out while he reloaded. Thought you were the one who had more faith in the vigilanties than the cops. to protect your ass. Did I miss something? As far as your "not posting anything that is not being bantered about by the media" it's just more proof that if its on the internet it must be true.

Comment

Working...
                                X