Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
    Gonz is under the impression that the delivery charge is a type of forced tip, which is fine, he can live in his blissful ignorance. Before we had a delivery charge, I received 75 cents for each delivery I took. Now we have a delivery charge that is $2.50/delivery, and I receive $1.25 for each delivery I take. That money is a reimbursement for mileage. Most pizza places require the driver to use his own personal vehicle. We pay for our own gas, have to change our oil more frequently, go through brakes, tires, etc more rapidly than the average driver.

The delivery charge is just a way for the pizza companies to make their bottom line while keeping the low price points on television. Also, I doubt any pizza driver is losing sleep over Gonz and what he does.
    I look at that 2.50 charge and say to myself that it would cost me at least that much to start the car and pick the fucker up myself. I'd much rather play Call of Duty while waiting for my pizza then spend the gas money and time picking it up.

Gonz is being a bit cheap on this one .... he'll never admit it though.
    Forever One!

Comment

Gonz is under the impression that the delivery charge is a type of forced tip, which is fine, he can live in his blissful ignorance. Before we had a delivery charge, I received 75 cents for each delivery I took. Now we have a delivery charge that is $2.50/delivery, and I receive $1.25 for each delivery I take. That money is a reimbursement for mileage. Most pizza places require the driver to use his own personal vehicle. We pay for our own gas, have to change our oil more frequently, go through brakes, tires, etc more rapidly than the average driver.

The delivery charge is just a way for the pizza companies to make their bottom line while keeping the low price points on television. Also, I doubt any pizza driver is losing sleep over Gonz and what he does.
      ......being in a delivery business but a different product, I would like to point out that the Company is likely keeping $1.25 for insurance coverage.

......and likely making a profit on it as their coverage costs are less than the revenues generated.

I would love to have my product delivered in someone else's vehicle as that would dramatically decrease my delivery costs as well as the gas and maintenance mentioned by FVD.

Those who are using their own vehicles to deliver regularly are being treated like whores and will have to replace their vehicle much sooner than if they did not use it for delivery.

A generous tip acknowledges the cost of delivery, not the training and educational costs it takes to do the job.

Delivery costs are continuous. Educational/training are finite.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I try to coordinate my pizza deliveries with the neighbor. When he/she arrives I go over to the neighbors and get my pie. Since he was already coming here and didn't make a special trip to my house I don't feel obligated to leave a tip.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Do you share the cost of the tip or just stick the neighbor with it?
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            ......being in a delivery business but a different product, I would like to point out that the Company is likely keeping $1.25 for insurance coverage.

......and likely making a profit on it as their coverage costs are less than the revenues generated.

I would love to have my product delivered in someone else's vehicle as that would dramatically decrease my delivery costs as well as the gas and maintenance mentioned by FVD.

Those who are using their own vehicles to deliver regularly are being treated like whores and will have to replace their vehicle much sooner than if they did not use it for delivery.

A generous tip acknowledges the cost of delivery, not the training and educational costs it takes to do the job.

Delivery costs are continuous. Educational/training are finite.
            The way I see it, since I used to get 75 cents a delivery before the delivery charge, I'm only getting 50 cents of the $2.50 delivery charge.

I know part of it goes to Ann Arbor, as the delivery charge is considered part of royalty sales. I've never understood that, but yeah.

Another portion of it goes to insurance like Mark mentioned. The rest of it is going to offset food costs.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• "Do you share the cost of the tip or just stick the neighbor with it?"
              ------------------------------------------I stick him with it..............I'm no fool..........
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

The way I see it, since I used to get 75 cents a delivery before the delivery charge, I'm only getting 50 cents of the $2.50 delivery charge.

I know part of it goes to Ann Arbor, as the delivery charge is considered part of royalty sales. I've never understood that, but yeah.

Another portion of it goes to insurance like Mark mentioned. The rest of it is going to offset food costs.
                ...because Corporate is using delivery as a whore and letting you live on tips.

Those who do not tip are screwing the delivery person.

Keep screwing them and there will no longer be delivery persons, you will have to pick it up like it or not.......
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That's what gas station attendants said about us having to pump our own gas.
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yeah, I'm so cheap I drive to pick up the best pizza and Chinese food in town because they don't deliver the other 75 times a year we want to eat out.. Wah, my poor lost .75 in gas and my valuable time.

I'm not mocking you FVD just sharing my truth. I use food delivery so rarely and for such cheap pizza, like you said, the delivery guys don't care. It gets to us in 45 minutes or less. The pizza sux in comparison to the pick ups I make, so it's not like I'm stiffing these dudes, I'm helping them keep a job. They get a $1.50 from us for their whopping quarter mile drive.

I'm over it.
                    Last edited by Panoptes; February 19, 2013, 08:57 PM.
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• It sounds like it

Comment

• Tipping at Royal Caribbean no longer just a suggestion

12:29 PM, February 18, 2013 |

Royal Caribbean's 1,950-passenger Grandeur of the Seas. / Royal Caribbean (via USA TODAY)

Royal Caribbean soon will begin charging most passengers on its ships $12 per day for gratuities that will be distributed to staff.
                        Passengers in suites will face a $14.25 per day charge.
                        Until now, the line has suggested passengers tip the housekeeping staff on its ships $5 per day and the wait staff an additional $6.65 per day, for a total of $11.65 in suggested gratuities (the suggestion for suite passengers was a slightly higher $13.90 per day). But the line did not automatically add this amount to passenger bills.
                        The new automatic gratuity charges, which will appear on the bills passengers get at the end of voyages, are being added "to simplify the service recognition process," Royal Caribbean says in an explanation posted at its website.
                        The new policy will take effect on sailings departing on or after March, the line says.
                        Royal Caribbean's move to automatic tipping brings it in line with several other major mass-market cruise operators including Norwegian, Carnival and Celebrity. More upscale lines such as Silversea, Seabourn and Regent Seven Seas generally do not add gratuity charges to customer bills or expect passengers to tip for service.
                        Royal Caribbean says passengers who are unhappy with the automatic gratuity amount can change it while on a ship.
                        "In the unlikely event that a guest onboard being charged the daily automatic gratuity does not receive satisfactory service, the guest may request to modify the daily amount at their discretion by visiting Guest Services during their cruise," the line says.
                        As in the past, passengers also will have the option of pre-paying gratuities before they board a ship.

Comment

• We had a record snowfall that began Monday evening and subsided around one o'clock Tuesday. We go about 13 inches which is unusually high in this part of northern Ontario. The plows were out in full force and got all the roads cleared off just in time for another expected huge dump that began just after two this morning. I love the aftermath, people outside digging out and pushing neighbours cars. Kinda nice to talk to people you might never meet under normal circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                            We had a record snowfall that began Monday evening and subsided around one o'clock Tuesday. We go about 13 inches which is unusually high in this part of northern Ontario. The plows were out in full force and got all the roads cleared off just in time for another expected huge dump that began just after two this morning. I love the aftermath, people outside digging out and pushing neighbours cars. Kinda nice to talk to people you might never meet under normal circumstances.
                            That ^^^^ is a top post. I love it. Normally massive snowfall would be in the "pissed off" thread but Cat, you put it in "makes your day" thread. You sound like a real life "Wilson Wilson Jnr" , Tim the tool man Taylor's neighbour from Home Improvement. If I ever move to Ontario, I wanna live next door to you dude.

Calm down Treo, there is nothing gay going on here!
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I would be honored to be Cat's neighbor..
                              If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• The Cat is awesome, Marko!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X