No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, then it can't be the video card drivers. The screen is half good/bad during start up before it even boots up into Windows.

I suppose it's more likely to be the video card going bad than the monitor then since it's only affecting half of the screen.
    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Would be nice if you had another screen to plug in. That would narrow it down.

Comment

• I have a dual-monitor setup, Bim. The 2nd monitor is connected through a dvi cable, and it's not having any problems.

I ran Dell's "lcd conditioning" program on the monitor that's for getting rid of image retention. It's cleared it up for now, but like I said it comes and goes.

Comment

• I would tend to think the monitor is your issue then. If it is coming from the video card I would think that running the Dell monitor routine would not clear it up.

Comment

• It's just such a weird issue with it only affecting half the screen.

Comment

• Yes, I am going to guess and say that it has something to do with the screens internal flux capacitors.

Comment

• Well hell, why didn't I think of that in the first place. Thanks Bim! ;)

Comment

• Sure! The advice is worth exactly what you paid for it, but I really think it points to the monitor.

Comment

• Well, it's fine again for the moment. I guess I'll just keep my eye on it.

Comment

• Hit the side of it with an open palm, maybe with a hammer. That should do it.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• in technical terms that should be "Apply mechanical agitation in a lateral direction"
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Thanks Gonz, I'll try that the next time it acts up.

Comment

• Just trying to finally make myself useful around here.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                                My graphics card drivers are all up to date, but I'll see if I can get the beta ones.

Not sure if this will shed any light on what the problem is, but here's a screenshot.

I appreciate the help guys.
                                Are you sure it's not just a hellmouth forming out of your moniter?
                                "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Working...
                                X