Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If any of them are tweeting scholarship athletes or recruits, I would hope that they are.

Comment

• Deflection.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        If any of them are tweeting scholarship athletes or recruits, I would hope that they are.
        Michigan monitors the twitter accounts of all its athletes and potential athletes and does background checks on anyone contacting them?

Comment

• Why does Michigan only offer this protection service to its athletes and recruits? Does it feel that it's "normal" students are not worth the time and bother to protect them from perverts also?

Comment

• I suppose when pedophiles become a problem for Michigan like they are for OSU we'll talk about it, for now the pedo spotlight is locked on Columbus.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
              Deflection.
              I'd add mental retardation.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Why does Michigan only offer this protection service to its athletes and recruits? Does it feel that it's "normal" students are not worth the time and bother to protect them from perverts also?
                Good god what a stupid response!

Agreed about the focus on Columbus. Those here that actually have the stomach for the place apparently feel that there's just too many pedos and pederasts to keep track of, so this is no surprise I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Good god what a stupid response!

Agreed about the focus on Columbus. Those here that actually have the stomach for the place apparently feel that there's just too many pedos and pederasts to keep track of, so this is no surprise I guess.
                  Stupid arguments deserve stupid responses. Your argument, that OSU should have been watching Azalone's twitter and running background checks on anyone sending him tweets, is asinine.

Didn't Michigan offer Anzalone as well? I guess whoever's in charge of keeping unsavory characters away from Michigan recruiting targets feel asleep on the job

Or maybe it's just possible that the exact same thing could easily happen to a Michigan recruit. Hell, some of them have probably already shaken hands with sex offenders.

Comment

• My argument is that watching athletes and recruits twitter feeds would have made Waugh a known commodity. I didn't say they should run background checks on everyone however once people like Waugh start showing up in multiple twitter feeds on a regular basis it wouldn't have been hard to spot the problem and do something proactive. If that's beyond the capacities of people down there, that's your problem and I will enjoy the future embarassments as much as I am enjoying this one.

Didn't Michigan offer Anzalone as well? I guess whoever's in charge of keeping unsavory characters away from Michigan recruiting targets feel asleep on the job

Geezus that's just a utterly moronic reply.

Comment

• Waugh was in contact with a Michigan recruit, someone Michigan had offered, and Michigan did nothing to warn Anzalone about him.

Why? I guess it's just beyond the capabilities of the people up there to monitor and do a cursory check of the people contacting your recruits.

Comment

• Or perhaps it is because he has no affiliation to the university and therefore whatever he does has no bearing on the reputation of the University of Michigan or its compliance with the rules. Can you please make an argument that isn't Really Fucking Stupid?

Comment

• Listen you dumb shit Dr. Strangelove it was Anzalone and his father that said he decommited because he was creeped out by having a pedophile take his picture. It has nothing to do with UM, or even OShitU for that sake. What a dumb ass you are to carry on this ridiculous argument that UM is somehow at fault for having pedophiles legally live within an area next to the stadium. IT WAS THE FUCKING RECRUIT'S FATHER AND THE DUMB SHIT RECRUIT WHO SAID HE WAS DECOMMITING BECAUSE A PEDOPHILE TOOK HIS PICTURE! IT HAS NOTING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH OSHITU OR UM COMPLIANCE STAFF!

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• I'm sure the UM athletic dept is keeping tabs on them all, and the thousands of others living within 200 miles.
                              No, because the State Police is keeping tabs on them. Its their job. That's why you found them on a site maintained by the State Police. And the ones that can be found aren't the problem anyway. Its the ones who fail to report their address and cannot be found who are the real problem.

So, a convicted sex offender has had ready access to OlieO's recruits. And its well known.

Seems like with the situations at Penn State and Syracuse, the last thing that OlieO would want right now, is a known sex offender being given favored access to their recruits.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Stan-

I'm sorry you've had to deal with illiteracy for such a long period of time, your entire life it appears. Let me see if I can get through to you, although I'm sure it's hopeless.

Hack has made it plain that OSU is to blame for not doing more to warn Anzalone that this random perv was posting on the twitter accounts of players and recruits and that if the same thing were to happen at Michigan, they surely would have caught it and handled it better because there's a whole Perv Prevention Team dedicated to this stuff.

Okay, wait, at this point I should stop and explain what Twitter is to you. You see, Stan, back in the late 40's, the govt developed a machine called ENIAC. It was an automatic computation device that helped the army calculate projectile paths. It was the first of what would eventually come to be called a "com-puter".

International Business Machines then became predominant in the computation machine industry, although you're probably more familiar with the excellent cash registers they produce.

Pretty soon "com-puters" starting shrinking down in size from entire rooms to small thresher sized......wait, this is going to take longer to explain everything to you than I thought.

Just google it

Comment

Working...
                                X