Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If true, Well this certainly isn't good news for the B1G.

Meyer is poised to coach his first game as OSU's HC that actually counts for something and now this.

RS will publish/release the story just before the Buffalo game, this Friday. Where there is smoke there certainly appears to be fire, in Meyer's case anyway.

Meyer's house of cards may tumble even before he actually coaches a game at OSU free of sanctions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...042603810.html

The following excerpt is a teaser for the article from the Rolling Stone website regarding Aaron Hernandez:

"In college his coach (then-University of Florida head coach Urban Meyer) may have helped cover up failed drug tests, along with two violent incidents — an assault and a drive-by shootout outside a local bar."
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 28, 2013, 04:52 AM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Wow...I didn't realize that Urban cut 7 guys this past offseason...4 transfers and 3 "medicals."
      How many kids have left the M program this year, SLF? LOL.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tommy Schutt is supposedly out for 6-8 weeks. Thoughts?

Comment

• Disappointing. They're not real deep at interior DL. My guess is Michael Hill will get a lot of time as a true frosh.

As for Schutt, I hope his foot isn't one of those "perma-injury" type deals that some players get.

Comment

• Obviously why Hoke turned him away. ;)
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• The Rolling Stone story is out. The headlines have been very sensationalized. Urban isn't even in it much. It's much more of a diatribe against the NFL, the Patriots, and Bellichick. Frankly, the story makes it sounds like Florida's coaches did a lot to try and help Hernandez turn his life around. But you guys read it yourselves and be the judge.

Former Patriots player Aaron Hernandez might have been one of the NFL's all-time greats, but he could never escape drugs, guns and a life of violence.

Comment

• Before reading the story, he sounds like a guy with almost no empathy.

Comment

• Yahoo Sports (same source OP quoted above) acknowledges that the Rolling Stone story doesn't live up to the hype

As part of the lead up to its profile of former Florida TE Aaron Hernandez, Rolling Stone teased that Ohio State coach Urban Meyer, the coach of the Gators when Hernandez was at Florida, may have covered up failed drug … Continue reading →

Comment

• UFM covered up murder. Believe it. LOL.

What's better is that "source" in the Rolling Stones piece is almost certainly Bianchi complaining that UFM didn't disclose failed drug tests to the media.

Comment

• Not this time, it looks like. Given what we know about the guy, this might not be the last chance, though.

Comment

• of course it's the last chance. Talent and DSL have presented "evidence" that Ohio and Urbz are no different than other program and coach in this regard.

Comment

• Well, UFM isn't like M's trash program.

Speaking of cover ups, I like how Taylor Lewan threatened a rape vicitm with, well, rape if she came forward. Great captain material for M.

http://www.washtenawwatchdogs.com/4/post/2013/08/the-cover-up-of-the-arrest-of-university-of-michigan-football-player-brendan-gibbons-for-rape.html

Comment

• On the upside, M will get to celebrate yet another Gallant Defeat to Ohio State this season, and possibly even 2. Dare they dream. That would make 10 wondrous Gallant Defeats in 10 years if M is so lucky to make the CCG. What's more, M looks primed to continue it's dominance of the #2 recruiting class in the B10. Everything is coming up Hoke.

Meanwhile, the cloud of despair and misery hang over UFM. All OSU fans have is his months upon months without a loss, ever, at OSU, stellar recruiting that is on par with Alabama, and a preseason #2 ranking. Dark days.

Comment

• Jesus Christ. Athletes. Once upon a time, a way to build character.

Comment

• Very enthusiastic about the offense. Defense makes me nervous

Comment

Working...
                                X