Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
    Well... That was me and not DWT. Though he was the one that suggested our players go on to win superbowls elsewhere and I would actually like to see the numbers for the last Decade of our players winning rings. So he responded to my inquiry by ignoring a large part of it.
    I know. I was discussing players in the last decade from your comment forward. Yes, to be fair dwt mentioned former players prior to that (without a time frame), but (at least in my thinking) we had progressed to the discussion being framed in a context of 'recent' history.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      I know. I was discussing players in the last decade from your comment forward. Yes, to be fair dwt mentioned former players prior to that (without a time frame), but (at least in my thinking) we had progressed to the discussion being framed in a context of 'recent' history.
      Agreed. I was just noting that his post said he started and he didn't set a date. But agreed someone participating in a conversation, wouldn't have stepped back in the conversation. It seemed like he just really wanted to point out Lomas for some reason. A player that spent 7 years as a vagabond post Lions and got picked up a veteran depth his last year as a player and pretty much lucked into a ring. Not a very good example. Usually if you were holding on an opportunity to prove a point, you would pick a better example (Avril being a really good one as a starter and heavy contributor).
      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Uh... Has anyone heard from Gonz since we learned Raiola was coaching with the team?

Dude really dislikes that guy. Geez
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'm sure he's just taking a break. It's the offseason and there's not much going on anyway.
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• He's full of shit. He can't give it up. He's lurking and will come back with some lame excuse to try to save face.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Really?, because at that point forward, names like Charlie Batch and Mike Compton were mentioned.......didn't see you chastise those posters.

Comment

• Offensive lineman Manny Ramirez retires

Posted by Zac Jackson on June 8, 2016, 6:22 PM EDT
                Getty ImagesBears offensive lineman Manny Ramirez has decided to retire from football.
                Ramirez, 33, signed with the Bears in March after playing in 16 games and starting seven for the Lions last season.
                The Bears moved Ramirez to the reserve-retired list on Wednesday.
                The Lions drafted Ramirez in the fourth round in 2007 out of Texas Tech. He played his first three seasons with the Lions, then played four with the Broncos before returning to Detroit in 2015 via a draft-day trade.
                He started 65 of 83 career games, playing center and both guard spots.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                  Really?, because at that point forward, names like Charlie Batch and Mike Compton were mentioned.......didn't see you chastise those posters.
                  No chastising anyone, dude. I am the one who mentioned Batch. Yeah, my bad, I guess that has also been more than a decade (a decade since he was a Lion, but not that long since he got a ring - 2009. Lomas Brown - 2003. Compton, 2004.). Damn, I am old - it doesn't seem like it has been that long, but more than a decade since Batch chucked it here. Brain fart I guess.

Love ya brother. We good here?
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• The Cowboys are sounding positive notes about backup QB Kellen Moore.

Comment

• Patriots injury waived Michael Williams today after he tore his ACL yesterday.
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                        Agreed. I was just noting that his post said he started and he didn't set a date. But agreed someone participating in a conversation, wouldn't have stepped back in the conversation. It seemed like he just really wanted to point out Lomas for some reason. A player that spent 7 years as a vagabond post Lions and got picked up a veteran depth his last year as a player and pretty much lucked into a ring. Not a very good example. Usually if you were holding on an opportunity to prove a point, you would pick a better example (Avril being a really good one as a starter and heavy contributor).
                        You know I always thought the Leos should have found a way to keep Avril, dammit. Was that cap-impossible? Too lame to Google. Was it a tag-thing like Suh? I was not following as closely at that time. Just picked up what I could from reading the forum mostly.

I hated Willie Young going to the Bears as well.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                          The Cowboys are sounding positive notes about backup QB Kellen Moore.
                          Didn't they drink the kool aid on Roy Williams also?
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

You know I always thought the Leos should have found a way to keep Avril, dammit. Was that cap-impossible? Too lame to Google. Was it a tag-thing like Suh? I was not following as closely at that time. Just picked up what I could from reading the forum mostly.

I hated Willie Young going to the Bears as well.
                            Avril didn't want to be here. He took a LOT less money to play for Seattle than the contract he turned down with the Lions.

Not that Detroit exactly tried very hard to convince him to stay, as I understand it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Didn't they drink the kool aid on Roy Williams also?
                              Ya know what's scary?

Look at the aftermath and realize Dallas has a legitimate argument to claim they "won" that trade.

Comment

• Louis Delmas could return to Miami if the Dolphins feel they need a veteran safety this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X