No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google the name of the invasive search bar. There will be multiple forums talking about how to get rid of it.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I'll give that a shot if what I am running now doesn't work.

Thanks
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
        google the name of the invasive search bar. There will be multiple forums talking about how to get rid of it.
        I've been doing that all morning...
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I thought I had it earlier. I was able to get chrome to come up without it-until I opened a tab. It shows up on the tabs now. Hopefully the scan I'm doing now will get rid of it.

Comment

• What's the name of it? Babylon?
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• System Restore to an earlier virus free date.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

What's the name of it? Babylon?
                I think it is websearch. Spybot removed Barowwsoe2Save. The program shows up as Browse to Save 1.74

Comment

• The link Loops sent showed me how to get rid of extensions in chrome. I was able to get rid of the redirect there. Hopefully when I get rid of the trojan downloader I'll be good.

Comment

• I think I got it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Serves you right for having better than crap for weather and constantly posting about it.

(actually when you have malware going wild on your system it sucks and I don't really wish that on anyone)

Comment

Serves you right for having better than crap for weather and constantly posting about it.

(actually when you have malware going wild on your system it sucks and I don't really wish that on anyone)
                        Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          Ha!
                          Maybe on Rebel Yankee...

Besides, is anyone surprised the sailor's computer got a virus? Must have been a rough port visit....
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Ha! I was applying for a job and one of the qualifications was being well versed in a specific management book. I tried to download it... Bad move.

Comment

• CGVT - download, install, and run malwarebytes.
                              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I've grown tired of my iPhone 4 (3G) and have decided to try an Android phone (since I've never had one before which, as an IT guy, is a gap in my knowledge base).

Since my eyesight is getting worse I've decided to go with a bigger screen and have settled on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Anyone have any thoughts/experiences with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X