Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    Funny special for sure but not like where I've howled at nearly every joke in his early years. I'd rate it about 4th or 5th best of his shows.
    You watched this again yet, Panoptes? I've watched it three times now. I place it 2nd overall behind "Why do I do this".
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      You watched this again yet, Panoptes? I've watched it three times now. I place it 2nd overall behind "Why do I do this".
      Not yet. I'm sure I'll get there.

I'm surprised its grown on you like that. Good to hear.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Absolutely loving his new "hippy" voice when taking the piss out of those people.....
        "hay, maaaan, you're like, making them a salad, maaaan, and you can't make me a muffin at three in the afternoon? That's like food racism maaaaaaan!"

Fkn cracks me up.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Kirk Gibson and his mom were right in front of me in a line at DTW. They were heading to Florida.

Comment

• Could go in laugh ass off thread but it makes my day more. Superb job, guardsman.

Comment

• Thought I'd share this as it's made my day. My mate was needing a bone marrow transplant and it's been a tough search for a match. Eventually found one in Argentina and thankfully Dave is going to be ok. Special thanks to Diego Marrow Donor. Appreciated.

Comment

• I registered about 30 years ago and had to have a test as I was a close match for someone in the U.S., but not close enough.
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• That one go over your head there, Dean?

Comment

• Doh! Just re-read it!!! Very good!
                    AAL Quintez Cephus
                    If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      That one go over your head there, Dean? [emoji38]
                      Went over mine.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Repeat post previously put in the Tigers thread

Smokin happy this morning.

T-Mobile Tuesdays just gifted me (actually every T-mobile account owner) a free 2017 MLB.com subscription, along with MLB app called At Bat. That's apparently a $113 yr value. Thanks T-Mobile.

Comment

• Dying with freedom....

Hospital grants dying man his final wish ? a cigarette and a glass of wine while watching the sunset

Yahoo News UK
                          Anthony Pearce 6 hours ago

This is the moment a dying man was granted his final wish by a nurse at a hospital in Denmark.

Carsten Flemming Hansen was told by staff at the Aarhus University Hospital that he was too sick to undergo surgery on his stomach and would die of internal bleeding.

After being informed of the news by his nurse, Rikke Kvist, he told her of his final wish ? to watch the sunset while enjoying one last glass of wine and a cigarette.

She was only too happy to oblige ? despite smoking being banned at the hospital.

?That was when I remembered that we are on the same floor that has access to a balcony,? Kvist told Avisen.dk.

With the help of Mr Hansen?s family he was taken out to the balcony to enjoy the sunset on Tuesday evening.

?It was a very cozy and relaxed atmosphere,? the nurse said.

?Of course they were relatives also affected by the fact that he was going to die, and they were sad. But it was cozy and there was humour.?

The hospital has since shared the picture of Hansen watching the sunset, cigarette and a glass of wine in hand.

On Facebook, the image has been liked by more than 60,000 people and shared more than 4,000 times.

On the social media site, the hospital posted the picture under the heading ?A dignified death to the hospital?.

?Carsten Hansen went out onto the balcony where, with his family, he enjoyed a cigarette, a cool glass of wine and a beautiful sunset.?

Hansen passed away on Friday.

Comment

• Touching but the hand holding the wine glass looks photoshopped.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Why do you say that Malto?
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It looks superimposed on the image to me.

.........Disclaimer: I am not a photo expert nor a photoshop expert.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X