No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titans defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau isn’t old enough to have played in leather helmets.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Calvin Johnson, Charles Tillman post disgusting finger pictures

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 13, 2016, 1:52 PM EDT
      APWhen it comes to the risks in football, finger injuries are far from the greatest concern. But spend enough time around enough veteran NFL players, and you?ll notice quite a few bent or disfigured fingers.
      Two such players have gone head to head many times, Calvin Johnson and Charles Tillman. And last week they both posted pictures on Instagram of their fingers.
      You can see the pictures here, but be warned: They?re disgusting. Tillman got things started by showing his left hand, with his pinky at a 90-degree angle from his ring finger. Then Johnson one-upped him.
      ?I saw @peanuttillman pic of that beat up finger he has and thought I probably jacked this one up in all those physical battles over the years,? Johnson wrote on Instagram, with a picture of his own finger while it was being surgically repaired.
      Look at the pictures and see how much the men who play football put their bodies through for our entertainment. But don?t look while you?re eating lunch.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        Calvin Johnson, Charles Tillman post disgusting finger pictures

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 13, 2016, 1:52 PM EDT
        APWhen it comes to the risks in football, finger injuries are far from the greatest concern. But spend enough time around enough veteran NFL players, and you?ll notice quite a few bent or disfigured fingers.
        Two such players have gone head to head many times, Calvin Johnson and Charles Tillman. And last week they both posted pictures on Instagram of their fingers.
        You can see the pictures here, but be warned: They?re disgusting. Tillman got things started by showing his left hand, with his pinky at a 90-degree angle from his ring finger. Then Johnson one-upped him.
        ?I saw @peanuttillman pic of that beat up finger he has and thought I probably jacked this one up in all those physical battles over the years,? Johnson wrote on Instagram, with a picture of his own finger while it was being surgically repaired.
        Look at the pictures and see how much the men who play football put their bodies through for our entertainment. But don?t look while you?re eating lunch.
        ?What about your toes?? ? Rex Ryan

Comment

• lmao!!
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I saw that in the "comment" section and thought it was hilarious Deb. Cracks me up

Comment

• A kinder, gentler Ndamukong Suh emerging in Miami

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 15, 2016, 10:55 AM EDT
              Getty ImagesDepending on who you believe, some Dolphins teammates either are bothered by Ndamukong Suh not being a regular during the offseason, or it isn?t that big a deal.
              But the veteran defensive tackle is at least making what appears to be a serious effort to show a lighter side to the world and his teammates alike.
              According to Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, Suh appears to be on a campaign to soften his image, which could extend beyond the Dolphins locker room.
              Among the evidence cited is a [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTps0nVzM5A"]funny workout video with comedian Kevin Hart[/ame], and Suh inviting all his teammates to his house to watch a basketball game, which probably doesn?t seem like that big a deal to people who aren?t recluses.
              ?We all got together and got to know him a little more on a different level,? linebacker Koa Misi said. ?There?s nothing to worry about Suh. He?s a great guy, a good football player, and a good leader.?
              Suh?s also turned up at interviews, videotaping his teammates and cracking a few jokes, and has made an effort to build a relationship with new coach Adam Gase.
              ?I?ve had a lot of interaction with coach [Adam] Gase,? Suh said. ?I have a lot of fun with him. At the same time, I?m learning a lot from him. I love competing against him. He gives me a hard time, I give him a hard time. It?s a good mixture of him coaching me and being critical, as well as giving constructive criticism, at the same time, being competitive.?
              Of course, Gase is smart enough to know that having his most expensive and perhaps best player on board is good for everyone, along with gearing the defense toward his skills. And Suh mentioned how pleased he was playing for veteran assistant coach Jim Washburn and defensive coordinator Vance Joseph.
              So for now, the Dolphins are enjoying happy Suh, and hoping he can return to the kind of on-field form which caused them to pay him so much money.

Comment

• Does someone need to tell Suh that's a penguin and not a dolphin he's holding?
                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                  Does someone need to tell Suh that's a penguin and not a dolphin he's holding?
                  Naw.

Looks like he's about to stomp and eat that thing!

I get it now. That's his lunch:-D

Comment

• I think the penguin knows it's coming too.

Comment

• Vikings cut Bruce Gaston, Travis Lewis

Posted by Josh Alper on June 16, 2016, 3:12 PM EDT
                      Getty ImagesThe Vikings signed defensive tackle Bruce Gaston and linebacker Travis Lewis this offseason, but neither one of them is going to training camp with the team.
                      The Vikings announced Thursday that they have waived both of the players. No one was added to the roster, leaving the Vikes with a couple of spots to play with as they head toward training camp.
                      Gaston was a recent addition to the club, signing with Minnesota in late May after B.J. Dubose tore his ACL. Gaston saw action for both the Packers and Bears during the 2015 season, appearing in nine games and making 12 tackles and a sack.
                      Lewis also came to the Vikes with previous NFC North experience. He was a Lions seventh-round pick in 2012 and played 42 games in Detroit over the last four seasons.

Comment

• Wow!

Travis Lewis does not even make it to camp and there he is not a bubble cut?
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• He didn't know sh!t about football and now he's shinola.

Former Lions president Lewand named Shinola CEO

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...-ceo/86005310/
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Shinola sounds shady. Bad company name.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Who remembers this guy

Report: Ex-Lions CB shot while naked and intruding in Portland

Brian Manzullo, Detroit Free Press 8:01 a.m. EDT June 24, 2016
                                Wilson, 33, was a third-round NFL draft pick in 2005 out of Stanford and played for the Lions from 2005-07

Stanley Wilson of the Detroit Lions poses for his 2007 NFL headshot at photo day in Detroit.(Photo: Getty Images)

A former Detroit Lions cornerback, Stanley Wilson II, was shot while allegedly attempting to break into a Portland, Ore. home naked Wednesday, according to a report from KGW.com.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office told KGW.com that the shooting occurred shortly before 4 p.m., and that deputies found Wilson in a water fountain in the backyard. He was taken into custody and rushed into a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Wilson, 33, was a third-round NFL draft pick (No. 72 overall) in 2005 out of Stanford and played for the Lions from 2005-07. He was waived by the Lions in 2008 with 86 career tackles and 8 passes defended.

Deputies todl KGW.com that they don't know why Wilson was at the home or why he was naked. Wilson's father, Stanley Wilson Sr., was also an NFL player. The Cincinnati Bengals running back missed Super Bowl XXIII in 1989 against the San Francisco 49ers and was later found in a hotel bathroom with cocaine and drug paraphernalia. He was banned for life from the NFL after his third drug offense.

Wilson is accused of first- and second-degree attempted burglary, along with first- and second-degree trespassing. More charges are expected, KGW.com reports.

Comment

Working...
                                X