Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside the Silverdome

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• That was like the aftermath in a disaster movie. Was half expecting to see Will Smith appear at some point.

Some of you must have great memories of that stadium. The only memory I've got of it is Tim "the tool man" Taylor cutting the power off during a thanksgiving game.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Re: Random Thoughts

I like that the only surviving billboard was for the History channel.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• That was interesting to watch. The Lions should just move back there now that it's an open stadium. Learning to play outside in November & December is the only way they're going to win the Super Bowl.
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Superbowl?! Superbowl? How bout we get to the playoffs first.

And maybe win one game.

Or even two.

lol @ Superbowl.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• It's all about getting out of the dome, Deb.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                That was interesting to watch. The Lions should just move back there now that it's an open stadium. Learning to play outside in November & December is the only way they're going to win the Super Bowl.
                You have been paying too much attention to the bald headed retired bastard that loves good weather and that is where he landed.

Football is enjoyed when the players can show what they can do. When there is a bad surface to run or cut, it takes away from the skills of the game.

I will agree though, the new NFL schedule requires a re-think.

...........what about making a home game for the Lions at the end of December, in Michigan Stadium vs the Peckers and let them buy the tickets to sell the house out?
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Sorry Mark, I originally typed up that post saying that Jim would be advocating the Lions move back to the Silverdome, but I figured that wasn't subtle enough. It looks like I went a bit too far in the other direction. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                    It's all about getting out of the dome, Deb.
                    Fucking A
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Marko has hit on something, the guy who can't handle a little snow is calling for the open air stadium. After this winter, I've had enough of the stuff.

Comment

• Pussy
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Ha! I say its smart. Most people who talk that up are talking it up in the confines of their home or trailer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            You have been paying too much attention to the bald headed retired bastard that loves good weather and that is where he landed.

Football is enjoyed when the players can show what they can do. When there is a bad surface to run or cut, it takes away from the skills of the game.

I will agree though, the new NFL schedule requires a re-think.

...........what about making a home game for the Lions at the end of December, in Michigan Stadium vs the Peckers and let them buy the tickets to sell the house out?
                            Unless your name is LeSean McCoy.
                            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• The elements are part of the game. Overcoming the elements is part of the game for winners. Failing to overcome the elements is what the Lions do.

Fuck that goddamn dome

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                The elements are part of the game. Overcoming the elements is part of the game for winners. Failing to overcome the elements is what the Lions do.

Fuck that goddamn dome
                                But......., that Lions/eagles game last season......, that was just a tad farcical though. No? Just prior to first quarter time, a voice in my head said, "fk this shit, change channel, dude"....., but I ignored it and watched. But it was a bit of a joke, in my amateur US football opinion.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X