U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
    I do know better. And I never made that comparison. Have fun making shit up, though. You're on a roll with that so far.
    Have fun running away from the truth
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
      Burke had a great year. The kid is awesome. I'm very confident his college career will eclipse Taylors when all is said and done.

But that all being said, he just wasn't as good as Taylor was even when their stats are nearly identical. And that's even considering that defensively they are not that far away from one another.

The main reason Taylor was still the better player, when only looking at this year, is that Taylor managed his team with much more effectiveness and impact. He managed the flow of the whole game more often than not. He had a bigger impact on his team and how they played. Not that Burke wasn't important to UofM's season.. just not quite as important as Taylor was to wisconsin's.

It's entirely reasonable that Taylor got the PG spot on the all big ten team. It's not like Burke doesn't have a good case or that you would have to be a UofM slappy to think he should get it.. just IMO (and most big ten coaches) Taylor gets the slight nod (though you might be a UofM slappy to say "you're on drugs" to someone that thinks it's reasonable for Taylor to get the nod).
      Ok Gonz.

I didn't watch any Wisconsin games, and I'm not weighing in here, but I find it hard to believe anyone had a bigger impact to the team than Burke did.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Are you familiar with Dramond Green?

This argument cracks me up, its like the two dudes in Major League arguing over the home run being too high or too hard. To me Taylor and Burke were pretty much equal, but Michigan were Big Ten co-champs so Burke gets the tiebreaker.

Argument settled, move on.

Comment

• Not really Froot. I don't really care too much about MSU. This year, without Burke, Michigan is maybe NIT bound, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            Ok Gonz.

I didn't watch any Wisconsin games, and I'm not weighing in here, but I find it hard to believe anyone had a bigger impact to the team than Burke did.
            He did. Believe it or not Burke has more help than Taylor.

Taylor's average plus/minus +9.1

Burke's average plus/minus +5.1

And just for reference both teams are effectively the same right now. Same record, same ranking (wisky 13 and 14 in both polls, UofM 14 and 13).

Again, game management skills are real. Taylor is the best in the big ten at it. There is a reason why the coaches voted him in the top pg spot. Burke has a strong case and it's not unreasonable to think he does just IMO Taylor was the superior player this season, even though their stats are nearly identical, because of his game management ability (which is a real thing and a big thing).

For Kstats benefit I'll explain the game management ability I'm talking about. Stuckey can get assists to look like a PG on a stat sheet and stuckey can dribble just fine, but he sucks at game management and that has a huge effect on a team. Billups, post larry brown was an excellent game manager yet Billups was not an elite play maker really.
            Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; March 15, 2012, 10:30 AM.
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• We seriously just need to change the name of this thread to Little Brother and us U of M faithful just go to the U of M forum..

lol.. notice how we have our own forum? because there's enough of us while little bro can use 2 threads.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Maybe if the arrogant Wolverine elitists didn't make stupid homer comments that need constant logical correction, "little brother" wouldn't roll their eyes and stick their noses in as much.

No one said Burke was awful or that he didn't deserve being selected as an All-American. They've responded to the idea that a perfectly reasonable selection for the Big Ten team in Taylor as an awful selection and that Burke is clearly superior (even though he isn't by any metric you use).
                Last edited by chemiclord; March 15, 2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Taylor is a good selection and Burke is a good selection.

As great as Trey has been, I have to say I was surprised at the A-A status. I'm not saying he's not deserving, just that I didn't expect it this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                    Taylor is a good selection and Burke is a good selection.

As great as Trey has been, I have to say I was surprised at the A-A status. I'm not saying he's not deserving, just that I didn't expect it this year.
                    Why not?

A lot of fans though Michigan was going to take a very ill-timed hit when Morris declared early. They were probably going to be right, had Burke not only filled Morris's shoes, but did even better. Especially for a freshman, the Wolverines got as far as they did largely because Burke really carried the team through some poor shooting slumps with his willingness to attack the basket and either finish himself or distribute the ball for good looks by his teammates.

He was a more than legit choice for an All-American and All-Big 10 team.

Comment

• I was high on Burke and thought we'd be okay with him running things and he still exceeded my expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        We seriously just need to change the name of this thread to Little Brother and us U of M faithful just go to the U of M forum..

lol.. notice how we have our own forum? because there's enough of us while little bro can use 2 threads.
                        Seriously, what a whiner. Good grief.

pANDs

I was even arguing for his boy Burke and he can't see past his yellow and blue blinders.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Seriously, what a whiner. Good grief.
                          No shit. I don't see anything in here that is trolling (other than Chemi's chronic Michigan hate).

Don't really see what the problem is
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            No shit. I don't see anything in here that is trolling (other than Chemi's chronic Michigan hate).

Don't really see what the problem is
                            My Michigan hate?

Hardly. I love seeing Michigan do well. I even supported Burke's selection as an All-American. Sorry, cast another line.

I think a large chunk of its fans suffer from delusions of past greatness, though, and their arrogance is insufferable.

Comment

• Yeah. Michigan fans are insufferable. Good one, pot.

Comment

• Hey, I'll readily admit I love trolling Michigan elitists. Their bitter rage as they continue to insist their superiority in every way is hilarious.

I still remember taking my sister to U-M as she was looking into graduate school six years ago. As we left, her first thought was, "What a dump. IU had much better facilities and nicer faculty." That hurt to hear, because I was the one who recommended she look at Ann Arbor. Must be because I hate the place so much.

Truth is, U-M hasn't been the "greatest and the best" for years (I will give a resounding exception to the medical school, which is routinely top ranked not just nationally but worldwide), and is only recently remodeling their athletic and academic facilities to catch up with the rest of the higher education landscape. I'm hoping that they continue to improve and can give the people who love the school legitimate reason to brag about it. I like recommending Michigan schools to people (not just U-M), because frankly, I like it here, and want more people to invest their time in the state.
                                Last edited by chemiclord; March 16, 2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X