Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol I hope he stays so ESPN and that reporter look foolish.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Stauskas/McGary would be TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY INSANE.

Comment

We don't need Stauskas to be a FF team. We need McGary.

Comment

Agreed. I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up, though. I mean, he knows what the committee is going to say. He's a top 10-20 pick, everybody knows it. Either he's just stringing it out for whatever reason, with today's denial, or he's genuinely thinking about it.

Comment

Horford is transferring. Not projected to be a starter but -- ouch.

Comment

If Michigan loses McGary (after losing Horford), I'm scared about Michigan's chances to compete with other bigs... Especially after losing to Kentucky while getting 10 defensive rebounds compared to Kentucky's 17 offensive rebounds.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

That really sucks. I wonder if his decision was predicated on what McGary's doing. Can't blame him if he wants to go be a big part of a team somewhere and pursue a grad degree Michigan doesn't have I guess. But that really sucks. I like Horford and wish he'd stay.

Comment

losing Horford would be a major blow.

The silver lining is it points towards McGary coming back, and I take that trade 11 times out of 10.
                  Last edited by Kstat; April 10, 2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

If it's because McGary is returning, I'm thrilled.

Comment

Horford is the perfect backup. We can only hope this points to MM coming back. If not, kiss seeing Donnal at the 4 goodbye. And forget RS Doyle too probably.

Comment

“My time at Michigan has been the most beneficial period of my life in terms of athletic development and overall enlightenment,” said Horford. “The bonds created over the last four years are everlasting, and the memories made are truly priceless. As on all journeys, new paths must be taken and intuition must be trusted. I leave Michigan with nothing but love in my heart.”
                        Jon Horford will transfer from Michigan after graduating this May. Here’s the University of Michigan release. (Photo: Dustin Johnston) University of Michigan men’s basketball head coach John Beilein announced today (Thursday, April 10) senior forward Jon Horford(Grand Ledge, Mich./Grand Ledge HS) will not return to the Wolverine program in 2014-15, planning to transfer for his […]

I am guessing that means he wanted to be a 30-minute a game player somewhere. I guess that may also mean, whether Mitch returns or not, that DJ Wilson or Ricky Doyle will be needed for depth.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
                          From mgoblog, good news. Great to see Beilein adjust:

Brendan F. Quinn @BFQuinn
                          Beilein tells @michiganinsider he may look for a bigger shotblocker to place on the back line due to changes in block/charge call
                          about 23 hours ago
                          I heard him say something about that on the radio when Sam Webb was interviewing him yesterday. He said that the change to the block/charge rule was not very successful and sounded hopeful that the rules committee may tweak it a bit. Then he said that if things stay as they are, he may have to alter the type of player he recruits to adapts. However, he also did say that he anticipates that DJ Wilson will be more of a shot-blocker-type than a charge-taker-type like Morgan.

Comment

Does anybody know of Austin hatch can still play at a D-1 level?

Comment

I think he hardly played. I'm pretty sure I read a few weeks ago that he had 9 points on the season. I'm not exactly sure how Michigan is working this out except that he's supposed to be with the team in some capacity.

Comment

Okay, here's a site with his stats:

Check out Austin Hatch's high school sports timeline including updates while playing basketball at Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA).

Comment

Working...
                                X