No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In truth I recall him being billed as a dual-threat guy myself, but that doesn't make sense given who recruited him here. His mgoblog hello post is all about throwing. http://mgoblog.com/content/hello-fut...ssiah-deweaver.

Comment

• I've noticed DeWeaver had been incorrectly labeled as a dual-threat QB more than a couple times.

Comment

• Unsure on the timeline but this may've been the time he was chasing Eason & Costello.
        Yeah, I'm fairly certain DeWeaver and M parted ways very early in the process and well before Peters. I'm not sure why DeWeaver would have given a lick of credibility to Eason or Costello coming to M, though.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't think we'll know the real reason for the de-commitment, I just know JH wasn't going to be content with a class of just DeWeaver as a QB in a recruiting class.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            Big Ten projected win totals
            Ohio State
            Over 11 (+100)
            Under 11 (-140)

Wisconsin
            Over 10 (+160)
            Under 10 (-210)

Michigan State
            Over 9.5 (-140)
            Under 9.5 (+100)

Nebraska
            Over 8 (-120)
            Under 8 (-120)

Michigan
            Over 7.5 (-140)
            Under 7.5 (+100)

Northwestern
            Over 6.5 (+110)
            Under 6.5 (-150)

Indiana
            Over 6 (+140)
            Under 6 (-180)

Minnesota
            Over 5.5 (-140)
            Under (+100)

Rutgers
            Over 5 (-145)
            Under 5 (+105)

Purdue
            Over 4 (-145)
            Under 4 (+105)

Illinois
            Over 3.5 (-140)
            Under 3.5 (+100)

-

No Iowa, Penn State or Maryland; all 6-7 win teams without looking at their schedules... I'll certainly take the over for M and Minnesota (they play both M & Ohio)...
            Do those odds include bowl games and CCGs? If so, I'm inclined to take a lot of the overs. Even without, I'll take the over on Minnehaha. I think that I'd take the under on Nebraska and Wisky

Comment

• IIRC Harbaugh visited deWeaver in his first few weeks on the job, and deWeaver decommitted later that day. Only after that came talk of Eason, Hammonds, and ultimately Peters.

Comment

• Do those odds include bowl games and CCGs
                No.

IIRC Harbaugh visited deWeaver in his first few weeks on the job, and deWeaver decommitted later that day. Only after that came talk of Eason, Hammonds,
                You recall incorrectly. Costello and Eason were amongst the first names bantied about as 5* lining up to play for M.

Comment

• You may be thinking of Josh Rosen, who Gregg Henson said would decommit from UCLA when Mora Jr was supposedly flirting with the NFL. The other linked to Michigan very early was Roquan Smith, on account of his connection to Durken.

Comment

• Rosen was his first miss. He was recruiting Costello and had met with Eason before DeWeaver decommitted. Neither here nor there, really. JH wanted his own guy at QB.

Comment

• You recall incorrectly. Costello and Eason were amongst the first names bantied about as 5* lining up to play for M.

Rosen was his first miss.

I`ll let the spelling error go because there`s a bigger problem here with your inaccuracies. Clearly in one of these posts were you conspiring to mislead the forum. I am assuming malicious intent.

Comment

• It's a shame you're playing Ruprecht today.

Comment

• Incorrect!

Comment

• Penn State gets a verbal from Daniel Joseph today. That moves them ahead of MSU and M in the 247 Composite......with 5 fewer verbals.

Nebraska is 5th with only 12 commits. Their average rating is slightly higher than M's.

Iowa is 6th with 20 commits. Hard to see them doing anything but falling.

Comment

• Pull my finger and have you found a job yet?
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Google is your friend. You can read all about me.

Comment

Working...
                                X