Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many years in the wilderness before a program loses the ability to be resurgent and is simply left with insurgent? M has to be close!

But, look, M is all on-board with the uniform nonsense. I mean, not to the Nth degree like Oregon, but fully on-board with Adidas nonsense + alternative jerseys.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      BuckLion:

There's no real early entry concerns for me for next season. They're just going to really, really good. Then they'll lose Bell, Bosa and Elliot and I'll be sad.

Fruit:

First, Ohio State wasn't clearly better than Alabama by any stretch. That game could have gone either way. As it happened, OSU owned 3rd down and Bama was a disaster on third down. I'm still not sure why Kiffin didn't keep with Henry.

Second, I agree with you re JTB but the reason is that Oregon forces teams to patiently drive down the field. They'll give you passing yards in the small chunks but are generally good against the big plays. So a QB like JTB who is very good at the intermediate game, especially within that offense, is a bit more valuable than Cardale, whose biggest asset is the ability to chuck it 70 yards and throw lasers down the seam.
      Come on dude, the game is over, no need to continue sand bagging. They were clearly better than Bama. Alabama's punter kept them in it, but OSU clearly won the battle decisively.

Comment

• Pretty damn close, I'd think. Seems like this is just in time. Michigan doesn't have to be fully on-board. In fact I could easily see things swinging back to a different extreme. Depends on Hackett and Harbaugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Come on dude, the game is over, no need to continue sand bagging. They were clearly better than Bama. Alabama's punter kept them in it, but OSU clearly won the battle decisively.
          I agree with this. And while I agree that OSU is going to have to put up plenty of points, it's probably true that this will be the best defense they face all year.

Comment

• I wasn't all that impressed with the Duck D when MSU played them, but that was an eternity ago. I was impressed with Mariotta.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I'm not sure about that. OSU is going to have to win a shootout.
              this
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Come on dude, the game is over, no need to continue sand bagging. They were clearly better than Bama. Alabama's punter kept them in it, but OSU clearly won the battle decisively.
                Look, I think Ohio State was the better team on the night, but if they played tomorrow I could easily see Bama winning. I think Bama didn't run the ball enough. I think Bama had a couple huge gaffes on defense where they failed to keep Cardale in the pocket. I don't think the odds are very high that Evan Spencer makes an inch perfect pass to Michael Thomas who then makes a spectacular effort to get in bounds. By the same token, OSU had its share of mistakes. So, you know, I think OSU is better, but it's not by much. I mean, you lumped Bama in with Wisky. OSU could play Wisky 10 straight times and I would not be concerned about losing. 59-0 is probably an aberration, but a 21-28 point win is not. So, there's a big difference between Alabama and Wisky (IMO).

Pretty damn close, I'd think. Seems like this is just in time. Michigan doesn't have to be fully on-board. In fact I could easily see things swinging back to a different extreme. Depends on Hackett and Harbaugh.
                I think it's a generation of recruits who don't know your program as a winning program. JH's first full class -- 2016 -- were 8 when M played OSU in 2006 and 9 when the LC era concluded and the darkness came. So, yeah, you guys were close.

Based on nothing at all, I think JH will bring back some old touches (maybe stickers, maybe a more muted yellow) while keeping some of the new things. Look, fundamentally you're selling yourself to HS kids. That's your market at bottom.
                Last edited by iam416; January 5, 2015, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• I lumped in Bama with Wisconsin because it was the two teams Jones started. But they were not in the same league. The scores indicate that.

Comment

• All of that makes perfect sense to me, but look at the quotes from the recruits. In a comparative sense they might have been born yesterday, but they still talk about the program's history and prestige, so that gives you a sense of how the program's reputation has held up fairly well. I also think that the stadium is a huge selling point. Kids have always come because of the tradition, the stadium and the academics. Now they'll have Harbaugh as a good reason too. It's awfully hard to envision a future in which stodgy uniforms mean less wins.

Comment

• Well, yes. Frankly, it's hard to envision a future where the uniforms matter at all to W/L, stodgy or technicolor.

Comment

• If Alabama, LSU, Auburn, FSU, and Texas can all win championships without clown suits, than so can Michigan or anyone else. The only thing clown suits accomplish is making the person wearing it look like a clown. And for everyone who says "but the kids love them, they help with recruiting", I offer you Alabama, LSU, Auburn, FSU and Texas.

Comment

• Tho$e one$ you mention u$e other mean$.

Comment

• Talent, you can run but you can't hide.

$500.00 Mighty OSU v. Oregon straight-up.....that's a shitload of Schlitzz Maltz Liquorz. *

*This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 5, 2015, 06:00 PM.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMIyDf3gBoY"]Casablanca Shocked - YouTube[/ame]
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• OP:

Why the fuck would I bet any amount straight up when I can bet exactly that amount and get 7 points? LOL. Or, alternatively, I can get +300 on Ohio State to win (my $500 gets $1500 if Urbie prevails). Further, it's not even a point of pride bet between two fans of the respective schools (like our M-OSU bet). I didn't mind betting the underdog straight up in 2011 as a point of pride. You didn't mind doing it in 2012/13, though you finally said no mas this season as I assume the pride had finally been beaten from you.

So, you know, goad all you want. It ain't going to make me irrational. *If* I bet OSU, it will be on the far more favorable terms offered by various kindly Antiguans. God bless them.

Comment

Working...
                                X