No announcement yet.

Wolverines in the NBA/PISTONS/NBA in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikki Buckets got an awesome new nickname by accident.

Michigan has more players in the NBA than it has had in quite some time, but many of them haven’t had the best season. Nik Stauskas picked up a trending nickname, Mitch McGary has continued to excel, but Trey Burke has been stuck in a major rut.

Comment

• anyone here know if the rookie summer league games from Orlando are televised, and if so, what channel?

Comment

• NBA TV

Comment

• I guess it should be mentioned that both TH Jr. and Stauskas were traded in the last 10 days. Timmay to Atlanta and Nik to Philly.

Comment

• I still think Stauskas would have benefited a lot by staying in college ball another year...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Nah, the draft this year was much better in the lottery. He probably would have gotten pushed to the teens in this year's draft.

Comment

• He was also a known quantity. He wasn't going to improve his draft rating. Because the NBA Draft is insanely potential driven.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Stanley Johnson is looking very good for the Pistons so far.

BTW- For the Michigan-angle, Mitch plays against J-Mo at 3pm today in Summer League.

Comment

• Larry Bird likes GRIII

Comment

• Cool. Can he tell him not to turn pro?

Comment

• Caris LeVert made his NBA debut tonight. 0-3 shooting in 9 minutes but 4 boards and 3 steals.

Some of our guys are doing okay but nobody is heading to the All-star game any time soon.

THJ is averaging 11.3 a game, mostly as Atlanta's 6th man. He's shooting 46% overall.
                        Nikki Buckets: 9.6ppg, shooting 45% and 38% from 3.
                        GR3: 6.6 44%/35%. Did start for a couple of games for Indy and played well.
                        Trey: Seemingly in the doghouse in Washington but he's shot well when he played. 4.5ppg 44%/42%.

The ancient warrior, Jamal Crawford: Still leading the way, as far as scoring goes. He's losing his touch a bit, as he's getting older. 12.0ppg, 41%/33%

Comment

• FWIW- Both DJ Wilson and Derrick Walton had strong Summer League showings. Wilson averaged 11.8 points and 5.4 boards out in Vegas and Walton averaged 10.0 points and 3.5 assists in Orlando. From what I saw of Zak Irvin, he didn't do that well. He started in Orlando and came off the bench in Vegas, as Miami was one of the few teams that played in both cities.

While Wilson did well, I still think the Bucks are stacked in the front court so I imagine most of his season will be spent in the G-League (formerly D-League) with maybe the occasional appearance in Milwaukee. Something similar to what Henry Ellenson did last season for Detroit.

I imagine Walton will get a training camp invite from somebody and Irvin probably won't.

Caris LeVert also played in Vegas and played well (16 PPG, 48% FG). He may start for the Nets but will more likely back up the 2 and 3, I think. The Nets traded for Deangelo Russell, who isn't really a PG, and DeMarre Carroll, who is a SF. That said, I could see Russell being a combo-guard off the bench if the Nets want to be stronger defensively.

Comment

• Oh, no word on Trey Burke signing anywhere. He might be headed overseas.

TIMMAY got paid big to return to the Knicks and Jamal Crawford signed with the T-Wolves, who've had a big summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                              I imagine Walton will get a training camp invite from somebody and Irvin probably won't.
                              No news with Walton but Irvin just signed with a club in the top Italian League.

Comment

• And a couple of hours later, Walton signed a 2-way deal with the Miami Heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X