Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
    True. His first 4 drafts were 3 pieces of shit (Mateen, Rodney, Darko) with a couple good later 1st rounders (Tay, Delfino) and a great 2nd rounder in Memo. All his trades were gold. It all turned around after that.
    His trade success was insane for a while there. Ben Wallace, Rip, and Sheed. Unbelievable looking back.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Mike JAmes was huge!
    Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; July 8, 2015, 07:34 PM.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• One of the best trades in NBA history right there -

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – February 19, 2004 - The Detroit Pistons have acquired forward/center Rasheed Wallace from the Atlanta Hawks and guard Mike James from the Boston Celtics as part of a three-way deal that sends guards Chucky Atkins and Lindsey Hunter to Boston and guard Bobby Sura , center

Pistons did loose white MJ though. That was a tough loss to stomach.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
        The one guy GSW tanked to get was their 6th or 7th best player last season, Their 3rd best player was drafted in the second round. They succeeded because they out-scouted everyone else in the draft.

The Hawks put a 60-win team together out of thin air because they spent their money way better in free agency. They were the #8 a seed a year ago and jumped to #1 this year with some mid level signings and better health.
        Exactly

Originally posted by Forsh View Post
        GS didn't really out scout anybody on Draymond ... they just had an earlier 2nd round pick than teams like the Pistons
        You could arguably name 15 - 20 players taken before him that he is better than.

As far as we know GS could have had him rated #10 in that draft.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• That Sheed deal was highway robbery. Although, that pick the Hawks got from us did turn into Josh Smith. Now we all know he's a bum, but he was pretty electric in his younger days.

Comment

• The best part of the deal was we picked up Hunter directly after he was waived. That was just awesome.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              The best part of the deal was we picked up Hunter directly after he was waived. That was just awesome.
              Can't do that anymore
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Joel Embiid's fat ass is about to lose yet another season to surgery. I'm guessing the extra weight he put on didn't help his broken foot....

I'm also totally certain Sam Hinkie's culture of "striving for lottery balls" really encouraged this teenage millionaire to rehab hard and get himself in playing shape for a team that was actively NOT trying to win games...

Sam Hinkie is such a genius. If only we were all as smart as he is. He's like the Matt Millen of the NBA, except he's being this bad on purpose....

Comment

Joel Embiid's fat ass is about to lose yet another season to surgery. I'm guessing the extra weight he put on didn't help his broken foot....

I'm also totally certain Sam Hinkie's culture of "striving for lottery balls" really encouraged this teenage millionaire to rehab hard and get himself in playing shape for a team that was actively NOT trying to win games...

Sam Hinkie is such a genius. If only we were all as smart as he is. He's like the Matt Millen of the NBA, except he's being this bad on purpose....
                  So Millen wasn't? <sac> lol

Huh, imagine if he tried. Millen just picked the wrong sport to manage.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Pistons' Stanley Johnson backing up his talk - so far

Comment

• The Pistons acquire Old Man Blake to be a insurance backup PG

Pistons ship Quincy Miller to Nets for Blake, which means team could carry four point guards into 2015-16 season

Comment

• He can still play. I watched him a few times last year. Good insurance for Jennings and way better option than Dinwiddie, who basically sucks.

Comment

• Blake is shit. Id rather trade for Ridnour and set the most times traded in the offseason award for a player. Jennings must not be ready to make a move like this when we need PF.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• You don't have to trade for Ridnour anymore, he's free.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              Blake is shit. Id rather trade for Ridnour and set the most times traded in the offseason award for a player. Jennings must not be ready to make a move like this when we need PF.
                              We don't really need a PF. We have two and several guys that can slide over from PF or C in emergencies.

And Blake is not worse than Luke Ridnour.

Comment

And Blake is not worse than Luke Ridnour.
                                Oh i don't want either.. If either are playing meaningful minutes we're f'ed
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X