No announcement yet.

Non-Football Related Stuff That Makes you Laugh Your Ass off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now quit being outraged and laugh your fucking ass off, ok?
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• To quote your other post further up that pissed me off, I'm going to now concede that I do lack understanding with "nowadays" America. If the truth were known, my eyes would probably be shocked wide open if I spent a month in NYC.

I still don't get mistaken identity being racial, but fuck it. Past caring.

I'm going to GTFTPSUFTTODC......., that's, Go the fuck to pick up Sacha from the Tom Odell concert. Would you have guessed that?
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I'll address the hypothetical when someone asks Matt Damon what it was like being in Titanic.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• LOL, SLF.

Jimmy Kimmel might.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            Good to know DanO. I'll check your outrage levels tomorrow then. ;)

"What about this hypothetical scenario...... A black guy mistakes Matt Damon for Leonardo Di Caprio; two white dudes, .... (something I do all the fkn time) ......, Matt Damon then gets pissed off and starts spewing a whole host of shit on the black guy? In that scenario, Damon is chastised for having a GO at a black dude, and STILL it's a racist issue. Just can't do right for doing fking wrong when it comes to the "race thing"."
            ------------------------No, that's OK, Marko. You don't understand American PC. Black on white is always OK.

" He made it racial because his ansestors lived in very unfortunate times? Really? If that is indeed true....., then when will it all go away?"
            ----------------------It won't go away until Americans decide all racism and discrimination are wrong. Right now it's OK to be racist and/or discriminate against whites. I know I'll take shit for this stance but I was watching TV with my exchange student awhile ago and a commercial came on for BlackPeopleMeet. My exchange student said what the heck is that I explained and told him about all black colleges all black football games, all black, everything, and his comment was how do you expect to get rid of racism and discrimination when you allow this? Pretty bright kid.
            Last edited by DanO; February 12, 2014, 06:01 PM.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
              I'll address the hypothetical when someone asks Matt Damon what it was like being in Titanic.
              Matt Damon was in Titantic. Or, wait....., no. Was he?
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Di Caprio was, Marko.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Am I the only one that thinks SLJ was just fucking with the guy to be funny?

Black people meet doesn't bother me anymore than Christian mingle does. Or the dating services for people over 50. All black schools don't bother me, nor do girls schools, or boys schools, or catholic schools. And I think the War on Christmas is a myth.

I really suck at outrage.
                  "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                    Am I the only one that thinks SLJ was just fucking with the guy to be funny?

Black people meet doesn't bother me anymore than Christian mingle does. Or the dating services for people over 50. All black schools don't bother me, nor do girls schools, or boys schools, or catholic schools. And I think the War on Christmas is a myth.

I really suck at outrage.
                    I thought the same thing K.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• For as much winter as they get, Russians aren't very good at driving in it this year.
                      BTW - for this to be educational, you will hear the phrase "Yob tvoyu mat" frequently. It means Fuck your mother!
                      [ame]http://youtu.be/p9x_-nh8bBM[/ame]
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                        Marko, I think the nuance you're forgetting is that untill 50 years ago blacks were not allowed to ride anywhere on busses in southern states or go to motels that were exclusively for whites, or eat dinner in any restaurant. The KKK intimidated blacks and lynched, bombed and burnt them when they could. We had our own little south africa going on so without looking at the history your remarks are very tone deaf and appear to be lacking in understanding.
                        I think my favorite story from my late dad. During the korean war era he was stationed in Virginia. He is from Michigan. That is where he came upon my mom. Anyhow, one day he is having lunch at a diner. It doesn't sink in at first. But halfway through his meal, he notices he is getting a lot of weird looks. Well eventually, it became clear, he was in the black restaraunt. Well, he didn't think much of it. Stayed and finished his meal. Chatted and had fun with the somewhat shocked patrons and restaraunt staff and then left, walking by the white-only restaraunt across the street. I first heard that story in the last decade, before alzheimer's took whatever other stories might have been there. But I always found that little story that just happened to come up somehow really endearing.

The problem is, no matter how many times something like this takes place, someone gets bent out of shape about being mistaken for Larry Fishburn or something. Until we can all dance all over the PC line and laugh about it together, it will always be an issue.

Not trying to put guilt on one side or another. Maybe he did mistake two black guys for each other. Maybe he can't tell Jackie Chan from Jet Li. It's just that the whole "acting like there are no differences between different people" is not the answer, just as keeping that ace card up the sleeve about racism is not the answer. Denial on both sides is the problem. Denying we as humans are prone to error and stereotyping and denying that progress has been made in equality. No, it is not a perfect society - but it just seems people by nature are prone to dig in their heels and scream foul in these things.

But actually, I don't think SLJ was that bad to him. He should have let it go quicker, but I think he just had ahold of something pretty funny and was in a mood and didn't feel the way the humor faded faster than he let it drop to the viewer. I'll still watch him in the Matrix.
                        Last edited by dpatnod; February 12, 2014, 11:20 PM.
                        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                          Am I the only one that thinks SLJ was just fucking with the guy to be funny?
                          This.

He?s an entertainer and was putting on a show.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

Comment

• Less words. More accurate.

Yum.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• That story from your dad was indeed very endearing, Dpatnod. I like it very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                                Di Caprio was, Marko.
                                Replace the batteries in that sarco-meter, DanO old boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X