• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whee...that's pretty sweet!!
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I'm on the big slide now Deb!

Comment

• That has to help on downloads but most sites have their output throttled, don't they?
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I would think so Tony. The speed would have to depend on server configuration/capacity on the other end of the handshake. When I hit Comcast in Detroit it was running about 30Mbps on download and about 7 Mbps on upload, which matches my experience with Comcast.

A more apples to apples comparison is that I noticed a consistent 10 ms drop in ping rate when connecting to the same North American servers that are hosting the World of Tanks game.

Comment

• Yeah Bim, I have a 200Mbps connection, but I've never seen speeds that fast. It's all about the site you're connecting to. I have the option of getting 1Gbps, but I just don't see the point right now.
            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• You can rest assured you will get whatever is available, LFIJ. I am having lunch tomorrow with a guy with 30 + years of experience in infrastructure and various architectures. I may ask him about the real advantages of having a bigger hose.

Back down Miami! We're talking computer and network architectures here.

Comment

• That's true, Bim. I've just never had an instance where I thought, "I wish my internet was faster."

It would be nice to know if the upgrade would be worth the extra money though.
                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Whole home DVR baby. With the new Genie DVR box and my existing DVR relocated to another room, I'll have 700GB of recording space.

Good deal Gonz. I got the same thing in Jan and its all been good, better than Dish Network.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                    Good deal Gonz. I got the same thing in Jan and its all been good, better than Dish Network.
                    Bring on the NFL season. Time to start recording all the games again.
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Yea record 5 things at once and really never run out of space lol I can't really watch everything I record.

Comment

• Back down Miami! We're talking computer and network architectures here.
                        It's a long way from the old 28 kbps dial up days
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          Yea record 5 things at once and really never run out of space lol I can't really watch everything I record.
                          Oh, I can watch that many NFL games in a week. But, like right now, I'm no where near watching all recorded items.

Comment

• Been trying to concentrate on reading this thread about computer stuff and speeds etc, but Masspartan's "Genie" further up the thread is just waaaay too gorgeous. Who is that? Can I place an order for more of her on the hottie thread please.
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              Been trying to concentrate on reading this thread about computer stuff and speeds etc, but Masspartan's "Genie" further up the thread is just waaaay too gorgeous. Who is that? Can I place an order for more of her on the hottie thread please.
                              Pig

ha

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Been trying to concentrate on reading this thread about computer stuff and speeds etc, but Masspartan's "Genie" further up the thread is just waaaay too gorgeous. Who is that? Can I place an order for more of her on the hottie thread please.
                                So I put the genie up in the hottie thread and he ignores her. Figures. That's Hannah Davis BTW

Comment

Working...
                                X