No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm watching the bloodbath on FSW out here in Vegas. blacked out on VS for us.
    Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck.
    - Don Schula

Comment

• This is typical Osgood... plays just well enough to make you think he's all-world...

Then he lets in soft serve shit like that five minutes later.

Comment

• Again, the Wings need to go high on the stick side of Hiller in order to take this series, which will be difficult to say the least since the Wings have alot of left-handed shooters.
        - Don Schula

Comment

• Why isn't Abdulkader hitting people when he's out there?

Wings are the ones that look tired.
          ------------
          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Agreed, Drew.

They're just going through the motions. I can only think they felt the Ducks had already given up. This is simply awful hockey from the boys in the white sweaters. They don't deserve to even be two goals down right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              This is typical Osgood... plays just well enough to make you think he's all-world...

Then he lets in soft serve shit like that five minutes later.

LOL! I hope the critics weren't right about him being the weak link in Detroit's armor...(sarcasm back at ya, Chemiclord!)
              - Don Schula

Comment

• Osgood's not particularly a weak link in anything. I would say it's the defense coming into the playoffs. They have not been their normal selves from top to bottom.

The problem with Osgood is that it is so damn hard to have confidence in him. He's not a guy who's going to keep a team in it that is being outplayed. He's just not consistent enough to do it.

Comment

• Anyway, official scorecard gives the goal to Perry, who must have deflected it at some point that I didn't catch.

So, I can forgive Ozzie for that. Even then, his play is the least of the Wings' concern in the locker room right now.

Comment

Osgood's not particularly a weak link in anything. I would say it's the defense coming into the playoffs. They have not been their normal selves from top to bottom.

The problem with Osgood is that it is so damn hard to have confidence in him. He's not a guy who's going to keep a team in it that is being outplayed. He's just not consistent enough to do it.
                    That = the weak link. He has been a great tender, but has also been known to break down. This, my friend, is one of his classic breakdowns.

Deflection or not, Hiller has had his share of deflection saves, and they have, in this game, been more than Ozzy.

I love Ozzy, but as you said, he is hard to have confidence in. I cringe when other teams have a PP going, and I also cringe when we play away. I agree that the Wings may have thought that this was going to be an "easy" win, but as professionals who have been beaten by the Ducks in the playoffs in the past, they should know better and all of them should bring their "A" game tonight.

Not all Ozzy's fault, by any means, but I have to believe, after watching the re-runs, that Hiller would have made the stop on that goal.
                    - Don Schula

Comment

• I haven't heard Stuarts name much tonight.

Comment

Anyway, official scorecard gives the goal to Perry, who must have deflected it at some point that I didn't catch.

So, I can forgive Ozzie for that. Even then, his play is the least of the Wings' concern in the locker room right now.

Of course it was a deflection. It surely wasn't soft serve.

Comment

• Because... Osgood has never given up an undeflected blue line goal before, right?

Comment

• In that case it was a clear redirection. That goal was all Perry, showed a lot of hustle going the length of the ice.

Comment

• Yah, that's what the scorecard said, and I must have missed it... maybe I blinked or something. My bad.

Point being, you shouldn't necessarily blame me for seeing a shot from a blue line, then the puck in the net, and thinking Ozzie did it again. It's certainly not unheard of, and far more common than you'd probably like to think.

Comment

• Finally a goal with 2:25 left. There's still a chance.
                                ------------
                                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

Working...
                                X