No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money can't buy happiness, but it makes miserableness a lot easier to deal with.

Suicide is a horrible thing.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
      Money can't buy happiness, but it makes miserableness a lot easier to deal with.
      Couldn't have made it that much easier to deal with...
      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Try being miserable and trying to figure out how to pay your rent...

On the other hand, if you are always hunting for the next meal, you don't really have time to be happy or sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          Try being miserable and trying to figure out how to pay your rent...

On the other hand, if you are always hunting for the next meal, you don't really have time to be happy or sad.

Plus if you're miserable and you don't have money at least you can dream that having money and/or fame will fix all your problems. But if you have money and fame and are still miseraberable...
          "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Good point Mason!

Comment

• Sinbad denies reports that he is dead, will debate Dan Rather who says he has proof .............

MIAMI (AP) - Actor-comedian Sinbad had the last laugh after his Wikipedia entry announced he was dead, the performer said Thursday. Rumors began circulating Saturday regarding the posting, said Sinbad, who first got a telephone call from his daughter. The gossip quieted, but a few days later the 50-year-old entertainer said the phone calls, text messages and e-mails started pouring in by the hundreds.

"Saturday I rose from the dead and then died again," the Los Angeles-based entertainer told The Associated Press in a phone interview.
              The St. Petersburg-based company, which describes itself as "the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit," leaves it to a vast user community to catch factual errors and other problems. Apparently, someone edited it to say Sinbad died of a heart attack. By the time the error was caught, e-mail links of the erroneous page had been forwarded to hundreds of people.

A note on Sinbad's Wikipedia page Thursday night said the site has been temporarily protected from editing to deal with vandalism.

Wikipedia was created in 2001 as a Web research tool. It has more than 1.6 million articles, contributed by members of the public.

A telephone call and an e-mail left for Wikipedia were not immediately returned Thursday night.

When asked if he was upset about the mix-up, Sinbad, whose real name is David Adkins, just laughed.

"It's gonna be more commonplace as the Internet opens up more and more. It's not that strange," the Los Angeles-based entertainer told the Associated Press in a phone interview.
              Sinbad, who is currently on the road doing stand up, said he hasn't received an apology from the Internet site. He has appeared in the films, "Houseguest," and "Jingle All the Way."
              The only logical explanation is:
              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                WOW! I loved this guys standup act (every single one of them):

Comedian Richard Jeni Dies of Apparent Suicide
                *Monday, March 12, 2007, AP

LOS ANGELES ? Richard Jeni, a standup comedian who played to sold-out crowds, was a regular on the "Tonight Show" and appeared in movies, died of a gunshot wound in an apparent suicide, police said Sunday.

Police found the 49-year-old comedian alive but gravely injured in a West Hollywood home when they responded to a call Saturday morning from Jeni's girlfriend, Los Angeles Police Officer Norma Eisenman said.

Eisenman said the caller told police: "My boyfriend shot himself in the face."

Jeni died at a nearby hospital.

Eisenman said suicide had not been officially confirmed and the investigation was continuing. An autopsy on Jeni would be done Monday, said Lt. Fred Corral from the investigation division of the coroner's office.

Jeni regularly toured the country with a standup act and had starred in several HBO comedy specials, most recently "A Big Steaming Pile of Me" during the 2005-06 season.

Another HBO special, "Platypus Man," won a Cable ACE award for best standup comedy special, and formed the basis for his UPN sitcom of the same name, which ran for one season.

Jeni's movie credits included "The Mask," in which he played Jim Carrey's best friend, "The Aristocrats," "National Lampoon's Dad's Week Off," and "An Alan Smithee Film: Burn, Hollywood, Burn."

He had guest appearances in the TV shows "Everybody Hates Chris," "Married: With Children," and updated versions of the game shows "Hollywood Squares" and "Match Game."

Frazer Smith, standup comedian who often opened for Jeni and the emcee at the Ice House, where Jeni often performed, said young comedians looked up to him.

"He was probably one of the best standup comedians in the last 50 years," said Smith. "He had tons and tons of material. He was looked up to by all the young comedians, a total pro."

The Brooklyn-born comic first received national attention in 1990 with the Showtime special "Richard Jeni: Boy From New York City." Two years later, his "Crazy From the Heat" special attracted the highest ratings in Showtime's history.

Jeni became a frequent guest on "The Tonight Show" during Johnny Carson's reign and continued to appear after Jay Leno took over as host.

He also wrote comic material for the 2005 Academy Awards, which was hosted by his friend Chris Rock.
                This is definitely NOT funny...
                Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Now they are saying that the boston guy offed himself too? I feel really bad for those that loved them.

Comment

• I have a family member who is going through a very difficult (although self-imposed) time right now who keeps threatening suicide. This, despite the fact that his father committed suicide when he was a kid. He KNOWS how devastating it is first hand.

Personally, I've had thoughts of it, but could never do it to my family. Plus, the scenes from "What Dreams May Come" that depict what happens to suicide victims after they die is also a good deterrent.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Is that with Robin Williams Deb?

Sorry to hear about your familt member DEB.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
                      Last edited by DanO; March 16, 2007, 05:14 PM.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I used to think people who commit suicide are very selfish but now I think it's their life and if living in the world is too painful, it's their call. I changed my mind after I read Spaulding Gray's wife's take on it. If I remember correctly, she knew it was inevitable and thought maybe it would bring him some sort of peace he was looking for but unable to find while living.

But then, I've never been close to anyone who committed suicide.
                        "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                          Is that with Robin Williams Deb?

Sorry to hear about your familt member DEB.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
                          That's the one. I think I've mentioned before that it made quite an impression on me.

Rom, I still feel it's pretty selfish, but I suppose everyone's circumstances are different.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• That movie made an impression on me too. I don't remember much but I do remember the scene with all the heads moaning and I remember crying really hard.
                            "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• damn.

I get the feeling that if all of us surrendered to the anonymousity of this forum the waters would run painfully deep.
                              Last edited by NewOrleansLion; March 17, 2007, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• anonymity? animosity? what? ;)
                                The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

Working...
                                X