No announcement yet.

I wanted to inform the forum of YOOPERMAN's (my Dad) passing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob, peace to you and your entire family. Like others here, I never met Yoop in person, but always felt like I had.

This might not make any sense, but if you're familiar with the movie "The Big Lebowski", Yoop always reminded me of the Sam Sheppard cowboy guy sittin' at the bowling alley bar. He always seemed wise and had a perspective different from everybody else. It was probably a good idea to listen to what he was saying, even if you didn't quite understand it.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and kind words. My mom and I really like to read his quotes. That is classic dad.

Jewelerman. Please consider stopping by the service or at least come to pine grove for a drink.

Thanks again everyone. Rob. Aka S.O.Yoop

Comment

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

May you find comfort in this difficult time.
        "Well, that wasn't pretty, but it was beautiful,'' Lions coach Jim Schwartz said.
        After Lions 7-3 win over GB

Comment

Rob: I am saddened to hear of the loss to you and your family. We will miss your father on the forum. Our thoughts are with you during this most difficult time.
          AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss Rob, I read a lot more than I post and will certainly miss Yoops posts. He sure had a good style of posting that brightened my day up many a time.
            AAL Quintez Cephus
            If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

Wow!

I am very saddened and am attempting to spell things correctly through tear filled eyes.

Rob, my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. It is really appreciated that you thought of us to give us this sad news. Many of us old timers in here have spent many a day laughing at your dad's wit and humor.

I am saddened that we never got the opportunity to get together as it was something we were always going to do but just never actually materialized.

It is with deep regret and sorrow that I say RIP to my old friend, Yoop.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Rob - Thank you for coming forward to let us know. Your Dad was a very valued member of this forum. He had a sense of humor that prevailed despite health issues. His presence will be missed.
                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Son of Yoop...I may just stop by Pine Grove Country Club after work. Ya'll will be there after the funeral services I assume?

Comment

This is one of those non related football stories that really piss you off. Panoptes post expresses my sentiments to the T.

I had not read Yoops porta potty story before......Classic.

Comment

DEACON,

You were spot on with your post.

I awoke today with a feeling of mourning and loss. I never met the man in person but it certainly feels as though I knew him a lifetime.

This was Walts final post with us

RIP YOOPERMAN
                      Last edited by Panoptes; December 15, 2010, 10:39 AM.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Gotta love a guy that, rather than give up his gardening, goes out and gets his own personal porta potty.

Comment

My sincere condolences to Yoop's family and friends. Although I have not been posting that long, I still feel a pretty strong bond with this Forum, and will miss his humorous (and serious) postings and anectdotes......
                          NFC Championship or bust!!!!!!

Comment

RIP Yooperman.

Welcome and condolences to Son of Yooperman and his family.
                            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

I dont post as often as I used to. But still troll quite a bit and Yoop's posts were among those I always would look forward to. Very sad to hear about this. God Bless You Yoop.
                              Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

Rest in peace Yoop and my condolences to the Yooperman family.

Comment

Working...
                                X