No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the salary cap life we live in. A 6'5 right handed dman that has a great shot and is physical. Come on man. He could step into just about any team and be a top 4

Franson is holding out trying to get more money and a long term contract. Erhoff just had the same issue and had to sign a WAY below market contract because of the cash strapped teams can't dole out the money.

Any other year the Wings would have been clawing after this guy.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      This is the salary cap life we live in. A 6'5 right handed dman that has a great shot and is physical. Come on man. He could step into just about any team and be a top 4

Franson is holding out trying to get more money and a long term contract. Erhoff just had the same issue and had to sign a WAY below market contract because of the cash strapped teams can't dole out the money.

Any other year the Wings would have been clawing after this guy.
      If he hasn't dropped his contract demands by this point, I don't think he's going to "come on the cheap" for ANYONE, much less the Red Wings.

If he's as valuable as you say, he's GOING to get bank from SOMEONE desperate enough to give it to him.

Comment

• Oh I don't think he's coming cheap to the Wings. I was just dreaming that we could sign him and rid ourselves of that asshole Ericsson
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Kronwall and Franson on the ice at the same time would be painful for opposing teams when they start getting physical.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Formal Wings from Sudbury are simply passing on. Cummy Burton on Tuesday and now Al Arbour.
            NHL legend, Sudbury native Al Arbour dies

By: Sudbury Northern Life Staff
            | Aug 28, 2015 - 2:11 PM | 2

Al Arbour’s 1957 hockey card with the Detroit Red Wings. The legendary New York Islanders coach and Sudbury native passed away today in Florida. He was 82. (1957 Topps Al Arbour" by TGC - Topps Gum Cards - eBay front back. Licensed under Public Domain via Commons - Arbour was second-most-winningest coach in NHL history

He won four consecutive Stanley Cups for the New York Islanders. He is the second winningest coach in NHL history (behind Scotty Bowman), with 782 regular-season wins. He holds the record for winning 19 straight playoff series.

He was also from Sudbury.

Al Arbour, the legendary coach of the legendary 1980s New York Islanders dynasty, passed away today. He was 82. Suffering from Parkinson’s Disease and dementia, Arbour had been in hospice care for the past several months after undergoing treatment for his Parkinson’s.

He is survived by his wife, Claire, and children Joann, Jay, Julie and Janice.

The Islanders confirmed Arbour’s death Friday in a statement.

Arbour coached the Islanders to Lord Stanley’s mug in 1980, 1981, 1982 and 1983. In the process, he set an NHL record by winning 19 straight playoff series.

No one has won three straight titles since.

Arbour was a defenceman for the Windsor Spitfires in the OHL before donning a Red Wings jersey in the NHL in 1953. Traded to Chicago in 1958, he won his first Stanley Cup ring with the Black Hawks in 1961.

He spent five years with the Toronto Maple Leafs and was on the 1962 cup-winning team. He finished his playing days with the St. Louis Blues, retiring mid-season to take over coaching duties for the team.

Hired to coach the Islanders in 1973, he stayed with the team until retiring after the 1985-1986 season, but stayed on as vice-president of player development before returning to coaching in 1988 until he finally retiring in 1994.

Arbour has won the Jack Adams Award as the league’s top coach, the Lester Patrick Trophy for his contributions to sport and was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1996.

Comment

• I remember him more as a coach, than a player.

RIP, what a great legacy he leaves the game.

Edit: Is there a draft going on for the NHHL? (Next Heavenly Hockey League)
              Last edited by Malto Marko; August 28, 2015, 06:09 PM.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• RIP Al.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Dan f'ing Cleary was resigned. Unbelievable
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I was so effin happy for Jad when I heard the news.

Comment

• Cleary is this generation's Draper. The guy that just inexplicably won't go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        Cleary is this generation's Draper. The guy that just inexplicably won't go away.
                        Excuse me but, Draper played and contributed immensely during his career.

Cleary?
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Ah, shit... I was thinking Maltby. I am sorry.

Comment

• lol, that's a much better example. Drapes was the best $1 transaction the Red Wings ever spent. Maltby was awesome during the Grind Lines peak but in his later years he was just a waste of space on the ice.

Dan Cleary can't even make the roster for the ice. No idea how he keeps getting contracts.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Hopefully they are grooming Cleary to move into the coaching ranks, and hopefully that's for Toledo.

Comment

• They can groom him all they want. Just quit paying him as a player although there's no way he makes this team. He's been HORRIBLE the last 3 years.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X