No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The much-maligned Manaus pitch will be fine for England's opening game against Italy on Saturday, the FA is told.

Looks like the English excuses could be starting before a ball is even kicked.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• No excuses, same for both, though I am amazed that with a 7 year lead time they can't produce a pitch better than the worst Sunday football pitch I've played on.
      AAL Quintez Cephus
      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• I really hope the pundits talk about the football though. Like you say, its the same for both so they'll just need to tough it out on the "shitty" pitch. Nothing worse than Alan "turncoat bastard" Hansen whinging about other stuff.

Like the new avatar there, Dean.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• That pitch looks splendid compared to some of the pitches in CONCACAF.

It's why I hold out hope that USMNT can do something in the Group of Death. They'll be ready for the heat and field conditions, the talent they face is the issue, but they can punch above their weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            That pitch looks splendid compared to some of the pitches in CONCACAF.

It's why I hold out hope that USMNT can do something in the Group of Death. They'll be ready for the heat and field conditions, the talent they face is the issue, but they can punch above their weight.
            Tim Howard needs to have about games of his life every game, and some of those young kids need to grow up really really quick.
            1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• We'll see. They have to beat Ghana, their longtime nemesis. Hopefully they can summon a repeat their performance in 2002 when they beat the crap out of Portugal. The game with Germany is a lost cause I'm afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

I really hope the pundits talk about the football though. Like you say, its the same for both so they'll just need to tough it out on the "shitty" pitch. Nothing worse than Alan "turncoat bastard" Hansen whinging about other stuff.

Like the new avatar there, Dean.
                Thought I'd have a play on the Three Lions theme, couldn't really to get it to work how i wanted it without rotating and stretching them a bit though. I was thinking of putting it on a T-Shirt for Wembley, but realised I probably won't be wearing a T-shirt.
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27800681

Looks like the English excuses could be starting before a ball is even kicked.
                  I'm just curious, if there are no roads to bring in maintenance supplies, how the hell were they even able to build the damn thing in the first place?

They have 4 games scheduled over 11 days on that pitch, if it isn't at least in pretty good condition at the outset it will likely look more like a parking lot after 4th game in 11 days on it. No time for it to recover properly.

Comment

• Kasey Kahne is driving himself out of a job. He needs a good race at MIS this weekend.
                    Apathetic No More.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to the shit pitches. It might add something different to the event. What we could really do with is slightly heavier balls, (not DanO's) Grass like carpet and shots into row z could get boring over the next 4 weeks.

Comment

• I'm not looking forward to the shit pitches. Makes 0 sense to have the best players in the world having an elevated risk of getting a serious or potential career ending injury - and all because somebody gets paid a shitload of money and can't grow grass.....

This is the equivalent of playing World Series games in a sandlot in Midwestern Nebraska, or playing the NCAA Basketball Tournament games in some downtown city garage.

As for the ball, agree wholeheartedly. Just hope it isn't as bad as the last World Cup, some of those balls are probably still in Lunar orbit.

Comment

• Balls in lunar orbit, LOL, very good.

Maybe you are correct about the pitches. I suppose we shall know over the next 4 days how poor it'll be. Hopefully it's just England's pitches!! Joke Dean.

Comment

• Don't know what will be worse though, shitty pitch or unbearable humidity. Whose fucking idea was it to put a stadium in a rain forest anyway?

High's in the low 90's, will feel like 100. Problem is in that level of humidity, sweat doesn't evaporate very well. Like playing a match in the Bayou.

Comment

• was not a penalty, and i think not a foul before croatias second goal, i really feel like shit, brasil was better but not 3-1 better
                              http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• 100% spot on, Essek. The most political game of football I've ever seen. That Japanese ref was told "Brazil must not lose". Never a pen, and definitely a legitimate challenge for (what should've been) Croatias 2nd. I am beginning to wonder if there is any point watching the World Cup if Brazil are going to be handed it on a plate.
                                But Croatia did have a few chances, Olic was very good tonight down the left. And Modric with short hair??

Comment

Working...
                                X