DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > Detroit Lions

Old January 11th, 2018, 12:01 AM   #841
LightninBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by klondike View Post
No chance. He said he prefers the Giants and is from NY. As is his family and the Giants want him. That is a double whammy for Lion's hopes.
Where? I think you are reading way too much into that NY writer's article. It sounds to me like the Giants want Patricia and the writer is coming up with all kinds of reasons for Patricia to take the job. But no where does he quote Patricia or a source saying Patricia prefers the Giants.
LightninBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 11th, 2018, 01:28 AM   #842
wcfwtf

Whoever comes here better have a huge nutsack or he will be Lionized after 1 year.
wcfwtf is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:45 AM   #843
UKBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemiclord View Post
I'd be fine with any number of options. The biggest mistake fans (and sometimes teams) make is they get fixated on one person, then lose it if that person decides to take a different offer.
I doubt that is an issue with Quinn.
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:49 AM   #844
Nick Pappageorgio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightninBoy View Post
Where? I think you are reading way too much into that NY writer's article. It sounds to me like the Giants want Patricia and the writer is coming up with all kinds of reasons for Patricia to take the job. But no where does he quote Patricia or a source saying Patricia prefers the Giants.
I don't even see concrete proof that the Giants are sold on Patricia.

All reports I've heard say that Dave Gettleman wants Wilks, who he's familiar with from his time in Carolina. They interview the house...everyone. Then when they finally get a chance to interview Wilks....all of the sudden some minority owner gets involved and sits in on the interview, my guess is this guy wants Patricia and only sat in on the Wilks interview so he could do his best to torpedo his chances.

My take is that the dysfunction in this franchise goes past the locker room. This story was probably leaked by the minority owner's camp....Gettleman and Mara are the ones to make the decision.

On the Patricia side..I think LB is right, there's no concrete sources detailing anyone who knows about Patricia's thought process. And Patricia is supposed to be a Belichek disciple through and through...nobody is going to know what his decision is until after he's made it.
Nick Pappageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:57 AM   #845
Futureshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureshock View Post
After reading the article, it reads more like a fan boys wish. He has no sources. Read it here: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3748402

Uh, BB also has roots in Detroit and I highly doubt he would push MP in one way or another.

The NY media thinks they can will the world to what they want. I could be wrong, but I'm not swayed. Yet.
https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/...d-coach-search

Quote:
Pandemonium struck the Detroit Lions and their fanbase on Wednesday when the presumed favorite to win the head coaching job, Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, was rumored to favor the job in New York and it appeared the Giants felt the same way. The New York Daily News reported that all signs are pointing to a Giants-Patricia partnership, and the “Same Old Lions” fans were out in force.

But later on Wednesday, NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo was reporting something very different. According to Garafolo, the Giants aren’t exactly zeroing in on Patricia just yet.

Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo
Matt Patricia may wind up being the guy for the Giants, as @PatLeonardNYDN projects, but it’s not over yet.

4:39 PM - Jan 10, 2018
24 24 Replies 114 114 Retweets 223 223 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
“I’ve spoken to a number of people today familiar with where the Giants stand in their coaching search,” Garafolo said on Wednesday. “They are wrapping up this first round of interviews. They have not locked into Patricia. They are not trying to close a deal with Patricia.”
Old January 11th, 2018, 01:30 PM   #846
AMP

I hear Jim Caldwell is available.
Old January 11th, 2018, 01:44 PM   #847
KidD

Caldwell could actually be a calming, stabilizing force in NY. Kind of the way he did here after Schwartz' hyper personality

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old January 11th, 2018, 01:53 PM   #848
Mainevent

NY media would shred Caldwell. Look at the few times he was pushed here and started to get snippy.
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 11th, 2018, 04:06 PM   #849
wcfwtf

yes, he couldn't even handle the Detroit media, the New Yawkers would give him a stroke
wcfwtf is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:28 PM   #850
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightninBoy View Post
Patricia wouldn’t say anything, one way or the other. Peter King is on record stating Patricia favors the Giants.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
dwt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:47 PM   #851
Ghost of Fontes

Michael Lombardi whose plugged into the Pats. Says word is Patricia is choosing the Lions. So I guess we'll see.
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:03 PM   #852
Mainevent

Man, the NY media seems to be all in on Patricia. Would be pretty cool if he picks the Lions over the Giants and watch them either turn on him or lament that the Giants are losing their coach to the Lions of all teams.
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:06 PM   #853
Cody_Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Fontes View Post
Michael Lombardi whose plugged into the Pats. Says word is Patricia is choosing the Lions. So I guess we'll see.

The Lions didn't get their coach in the next day or so ...

EDIT: Then again, when Lombardi says "or so", he could mean much longer than a day.

Last edited by Cody_Russell; January 11th, 2018 at 08:08 PM.
Cody_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:42 PM   #854
FanFromCali

I'm starting to feel a little better about Patricia favoring the Giants being nothing more than wild speculation. I read an article that suggested that Patricia is going to the Giants because Belichick wanted to go the Giants and because Patricia is his protégé, he would become the head coach of the Giants out of some sort of respect.

That is just nutty. My feeling is this: I absolutely believe both the Giants and the Lions want Patricia, but I feel good about the Lion's chances based on his connection with Quinn and the fact the Lion's job is (in my opinion) a better one.

I just noticed Futureshock posted the article I was talking about.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

Last edited by FanFromCali; January 11th, 2018 at 09:24 PM.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 11th, 2018, 09:37 PM   #855
chemiclord

It Patricia actually does choose the Lions over the Patriots or some other team, it'll be a very good sign that the reputation of the franchise is changing.
Old January 11th, 2018, 10:35 PM   #856
unknown lions fan

Quote:
It Patricia actually does choose the Lions over the Patriots or some other team, it'll be a very good sign that the reputation of the franchise is changing.
I'd say that's a bit of a stretch.

If he chooses the Lions, it'll be because of his relationship with Quinn. My take is that they'd have to have been very close while working together in NE.
unknown lions fan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 11th, 2018, 11:06 PM   #857
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_Russell View Post
https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/sta...79317061672962

The Lions didn't get their coach in the next day or so ...

EDIT: Then again, when Lombardi says "or so", he could mean much longer than a day.
If it is Patricia, can the lions make an announcement while the Pats are still in the playoffs?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
Old January 11th, 2018, 11:14 PM   #858
BJK

No.
BJK is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 12th, 2018, 07:28 AM   #859
Malto Marko

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown lions fan View Post
I'd say that's a bit of a stretch.

If he chooses the Lions, it'll be because of his relationship with Quinn. My take is that they'd have to have been very close while working together in NE.
I wouldn't go so far as calling it a stretch however, if Quinn is able to convince him that most of the things Coaches hate most (inability to control their own roster and cheapskate ownership) are simply not an issue in Detroit as well as having a good foundation that needs another pillar or two and a bit of tweeking, his relationship with Quinn might be a trump card.
Old January 12th, 2018, 07:29 AM   #860
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJK View Post
No.
Then Lombardi's tweet is a bunch of crap if you're thinking it's Patricia. If it isn't a bunch of crap, then it's likely Cooter.