No announcement yet.

Happy Lions Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry had a huge game at Tampa, can't remember the year exactly, 93 or 94 but he had 2 80 yard runs, including one where John Lynch met him in the hole and Barry undressed him.

Of course there was the Thursday night game that featured The Corwin.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Thanksgiving Day, 1989, the first time I got to see Barry play in person. Lions were hosting the Cleveland Browns, who were in the process of winning the AFC Central. The Lions, meanwhile, had won one or two games, just a horrible season. It should have been a romp for Cleveland, but it was a low-scoring affair and the Lions eked out a 13-10 win. Made the car ride home with my Browns-loving family members all that more special.

Comment

Billy Sims first game as rookie going into LA and beating rams, second being at game I think it was silverdome, I had season tickets, lions were like 0-12, beating vikings to stop possibly going winless, which of course just bump in a road for the lions to do the inevitable and eventually going winless

Comment

Anytime beating divisional rivals or Dallas still makes me.happy just to shut up their fucking fan bases

Comment

Best memories:
            1991 win against Minnesota. Barry had 4 TD.
            1991 NFL Playoffs vs Dallas.
            1994 Monday Night Football win against San Fransisco. I was able to go.
            1994 win against Dallas. Barry had 194 yards and won the battle of the RB vs Smith.
            1997 Thanks game against Chicago. Barry had 167 and three TD. Was able to go.
            1997 Barry got his 2,000 against the Jets.
            3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
            10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

I think '93 vs. Vikings at home, Mel Grey with a beauty of a KO return. I was all by myself in the house and was jumping around yelling. Our duplex neighbors said they knew I was watching football at the time.

Barry had multiple TDs in that game also I think.

I think it's in my stash on VHS somewhere.
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                I think '93 vs. Vikings at home, Mel Grey with a beauty of a KO return. I was all by myself in the house and was jumping around yelling. Our duplex neighbors said they knew I was watching football at the time.

Barry had multiple TDs in that game also I think.

I think it's in my stash on VHS somewhere.
                This is absolutely brilliant, Drew. I can picture that. I couldn't make it along to Easter Road Stadium last night for the Hibs 3-0 win, but it was on TV......., every time the ball was slotted through to a forward, I was up on my feet, "GO ON, SON, GO ON, GOOOOO OOOONNNN!!!" The Mrs sitting close by shaking her head.

Excellent thread, Cat......, excellent first reply CGVT, hoping those Lions survived!...... No Lions memories for me, but going to enjoy reading more of all you guys memories. Love it.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

My Facebook memory from five years ago today:

It's a great day to be a Lions fan! Can't wait to watch their first playoff game in 12 freaking years!! Oh and Matt Millen can suck it!

(included a link to this...)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xumeM8OxdxA"]Another One Bites the Dust - YouTube[/ame]
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    My Facebook memory from five years ago today:

It's a great day to be a Lions fan! Can't wait to watch their first playoff game in 12 freaking years!! Oh and Matt Millen can suck it!

(included a link to this...)

Another One Bites the Dust - YouTube
                    Huh? Is marriage already affecting your memory?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                      Huh? Is marriage already affecting your memory?
                      I think Deb is saying she posted it 5 years ago as a memory, not that it occurred 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                        I think Deb is saying she posted it 5 years ago as a memory, not that it occurred 5 years ago.
                        Ah, right. My married brain not working so well this morning.

Comment

Billy Sims - The dude had the biggest heart for the game.

Comment

I was at the Barry 2000 yard game in 1997 and that's probably my happiest lions moment as well.
                            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

I was there as well Coop.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                                Barry Sanders.

Only good memory I can think of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X